Thread: [Fixed] New crystal Frozen Spellshard appears broken

Default [Fixed] New crystal Frozen Spellshard appears broken

Title says it all - the new quest line in winter vale that rewards you with a nice crystal that converts damage to ice and has an ice debuff doesn't seem to be working as intended. The description is a little confusing but from what I read it should convert melee and spell damage to ice damage and have a chance to proc a debuff.

Have tried with and without primal attack on and in every conceivable claw configuration i.e. with and without other crystals - a claw with no other techs etc.

Thanks.

Snowfury of Chaos

Default Re: New crystal Frozen Spellshard appears broken

which quest is this?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

It's from the npcs on the new Gnome outpost Winter Vale. The outpost is fairly close to the Mage Tower.

I thought it only changed spell damage to ice? I thought it could be useful as mage against fire creatures...?

It is meant to convert melee/ranged damage, not spell damage. It is just named a Spellshard. However, it was not flagged properly to include non-spell attacks. Will fix for the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information