Thread: Lairshaping: application

Default Lairshaping: application

I started up lairshaping the other day, the intent was to help a guildie on a nearly brand new lair...

The problem is in placements. Since I am on the skill 1 parts, there are limited amounts I can add to any T1 object. The problem is that I can't get near any of the objects to actually apply anything! VERY Frustrating!

Any suggestions/help? The lair-owner tried accessing from above the lair (on the mountainside I guess? no luck), they have one small hallway done, one room done (a cauldron), and direct access to another room where all the low-level items are applied. They somehow got access to a room they placed on a lower level, but that is it.

Please! Suggestions, tips, tricks (bonus cash! )... all are appreciated!

Default Re: Lairshaping: application

In some cases you can select a chamber, hall, etc. and see the object selected on the outside of the lair. In that instanced you can go to that location and apply resources. Barring that you have to complete the objects you have access to.

Loc

Easiest trick I can think of: the game doesn't care about your vertical distance hen you're trying to apply to rooms, only your horizontal distance. So if you're flying two miles directly above the room you can apply as well as if you were standing in the middle of it. Still a bit of a pain, but if you're careful (and maybe the person you're helping out provides you a lair map) you should be able to work rooms you can't reach from inside.

oh! maybe that is what they are trying.

New alternative plan: another guildy has a lair next door, and the first room is a lair needing and absolute ton of parts, so I skill up on that, then go back to the other and 'tunnel' my way through. (slower, but will get there eventually!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Easiest trick I can think of: the game doesn't care about your vertical distance hen you're trying to apply to rooms, only your horizontal distance. So if you're flying two miles directly above the room you can apply as well as if you were standing in the middle of it. Still a bit of a pain, but if you're careful (and maybe the person you're helping out provides you a lair map) you should be able to work rooms you can't reach from inside.
    Last I hear finishing a chamber not yet connected to the entrance can lead to bugs... Not sure what kind, never done it myself.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Aah, but his specific problem is not finishing rooms "out of order," just reaching rooms to do a portion of their work.

Working on someone else's gigantic room is also a great idea! Either way, glad to be of a little help, and good luck.

Thread Information