Thread: Base Skill Calculation

Default Base Skill Calculation

Hi folks,

Quick question - I am a 41 STMD 18 DRU and my base Nature skill is 235. Anyone explain why? I thought I got 10 Nature per level for STMD or DRU, so shouldn't I have base 410? Or do I have the skill per level for STMD wrong?

Thanks!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Default Re: Base Skill Calculation

Your Nature skill coming from STMD won't start until Level 20 (due to being a prestige school), so based on that you should have 220, if my assumption of starting with 10 is correct + 210 for the 21 levels gained after joining.

The extra 15 may have come from training points, did you put any into Nature?
    Conodar Banestorm (Human)
    24 Shaman, 34 Spellcrafter/12 Blacksmith

Will have to check again if I have put any into Nature... I probably did

Shouldn't I have then:

18 x Druid x 10 Nature = 180
    21 x Stormie x 10 Nature = 210
    Total = 390 (plus any I may have put against nature)

But are you saying it is only counting my nature due to Stormie *after* level 20, and ignores the points I got from Druid (i.e. they are not cumulative)? If so, that makes sense - and gives me a sad face

Skill gains are not cumulative, correct. You gained 180 points of Nature by gaining 18 levels of Druid. Then, when you started at Storm Disciple you gained no "new" Nature skill points until you reached level 39.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

OK thanks Amon. There goes my hope of reporting that as a bug and getting extra skill points

And Happy Birthday for the other day

Thread Information