Thread: do drags need broken items (scales)?

Default do drags need broken items (scales)?

do not kill me for that-just lets dicuss it.

I say no:

Drags are alredy uber if you have :
    - the right scales (scale sets), teched and socketed
    - all abilities available
    - all spells teched
    - and if you are experienced enough to know when to use what.
    - you get even stronger if you have the special scales/claws from Fafnir,
    Sog, Reklar, Valkor.

I have 3 drags , one with Valkor claw, one with triple PV and DC, and one has nothing of those goodies (its Luna who is not even ancient).
    All three are different skilled. All three can handle lv 120 mobs without probs
    (Lunus-Luna one- strikes them, Hybride-Lov can take a bunch of them, Lovskin casts from the back and heals - all three have high armor and health)

Rather than making my already strong Dragons stronger, I`d wish to see something done for the casters:
    A pure Helian should be as effective with spells as a pure Lunus is with meele and breath attacs.
    I should emphasize that "pure", in my eyes, does not mean that Lunus can`t/should not cast at all (Luna e.g. has a bit more than 1000 primal)
    - and that Helian still should be able to make good damage with melee.

What do you think?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: do drags need broken items (scales)?

Why would "level 100 dragons are pretty tough" mean that broken scales/claws shouldn't be available for all the other levels below that? At level 20 or 30 I could see the broken gear being very desirable indeed.

I like the idea of "more stuff in game" no matter what that is or how needed it is - it lets people try unique configurations.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Sorry Kes- I was not clear with that

What I ment is:

use the broken items to give casters an extra benefit
    e.g.
    extra damage on bolts, higher damage with the spells, extra /better heals aso.
    Surely for all level.
    Thy for your answer
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Love your combat styles are extremely different from mine . I Specialize in close call 30 mob brawls Items like this would be beneficial to throws types of fights especially if you get a wa caster wanting to join in the fight and fusion burns mulity cast and hits you with a multi hit flame spell in fights when epi and i tank 30 + mobs the idea is to be quick or be dead every thing hast to work in expected ranges or the fight is closer than i would ever want to see it

Yes once that has happen to me when i attempted to solo son of gigeroth dame gnome came up fushion burn multi cast and launched a flame spell on me that took me from full health to a little over 400 and then sog used me for a new dragon skin belt

The new broken scales i would like to see should be faction based Like example
    Lunus t 6 broken scale (Scale of fear )
    Level requierment 100
    equip slot back scale
    +350 to armor
    +65 to tooth and claw
    +65 to dex
    10 % chance of stun when the opponent attacks
    stun area 10 meters

once created attuned to char
    6 pieces to assemble scale craft 1000
    Description
    Forged from the greatest lunus general him self this scale was supposedly destroyed in the great battle when reclar was slain the the dragon that uses this scale can still see echos and screams of the past

that would be the Ideal lunus one for throws types of raids

The Uber rare back scale of Doom will require 12 pieces 6 lunus 6 heailian and can be used in both lunus or Healian

your recreating a scale from durlkar him self obviously this scale will be an epic quest line if they ever take my idea and make it a reality. weeks to get all the pices and it should only be in game for a certain amount of time (1-2 months )

Healian scale (Scale of frozen vengeance )
    change tooth and claw and dex to Power and Primal keep the augments the same
    Modified eminence but this time the mob is frozen for a period of 45 seconds
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Sorry, lightningclaw adding power and primal does not fix the caster problem in the slightest bit.

Yes, using the new broken scales would be a nice and convenient way of fixing casters by adding spell boosts to them (and having a high primal req)

Sorry, but do you know anyone than can craft PV scales on Order? No? Okay, looking at Valkor Weapons, we're talking about 18 months of going every single weekend to get the claw finished. Sorry, I gave up on that nonsense a while ago.

that said, no my melee characters don't really need any more uberness but then again, neither did the bipeds that got T6 already.

I disagree with the op. You mentioned tripple pv scales which are not obtainable by newer dragons.. any nifty scales made could prob enhance new dragons to the powerful older dragons.

Yes the dragon spell list is pathetic but power and primal are what make the spells do damage if i am not mistaken ...

heck even in the lore Primal was the first and only magic in the beginning the bipeds twisted the knowledge of primal and made there own form of magic if i remember the lore correctly

Our spells need to be amped up not just tweaked I mean new spell lines I have been touting the banner for elemental classes for dragons for god knows how long after they reach ancient they can choose 1 out of the 6 elements but its just like a biped school you start back at lv 1 In these master classes how ever levels take time might even be a bit of a grind but hey for all the old dragons in walkers we need something to do
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Yes the dragon spell list is pathetic but power and primal are what make the spells do damage if i am not mistaken ...

heck even in the lore Primal was the first and only magic in the beginning the bipeds twisted the knowledge of primal and made there own form of magic if i remember the lore correctly

Our spells need to be amped up not just tweaked I mean new spell lines I have been touting the banner for elemental classes for dragons for god knows how long after they reach ancient they can choose 1 out of the 6 elements but its just like a biped school you start back at lv 1 In these master classes how ever levels take time might even be a bit of a grind but hey for all the old dragons in walkers we need something to do
    I can absolutely tell you that a boost in power and primal will to very very very little to the effectiveness of your spells. I can get Akrion's spirit magic to 1800 and can say that there is absolutely no noticable effect between 1800 spirit magic and 1200 spirit magic. I can't quite make that extreme of a difference with power but I can boost it by ~150 or so at least, and still notice no difference.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

My response to this is this:

Maybe the dragons don't "Need" broken claws/scales, but yet, did the Bipeds "need" broken armor/weapons?

I bet the answer is no for both, because Bipeds and Dragons both have been surviving in PvE for _years_ prior to the Broken Weapon/Armor addition to the game.

DD has been done, and all of the major epic mobs have been killed prior to the Broken Weapon/Armors.

The Broken Weapon/Armors were meant to give the players something to do, give the players something new to work on, and I'd have to say it seemed to have worked, or at least the idea is good.

No, dragons don't "need" such items -- but it'd be nice if they would actually give them, just to be fair. I don't see a reason not to.

Edit: However, broken scales/claws could give spellcaster dragons more viability if done right. That's up to the devs, though. If they made a spell variant, then they'd need to make a melee variant too, but then they did that too for bipeds, so surely they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    My response to this is this:

Maybe the dragons don't "Need" broken claws/scales, but yet, did the Bipeds "need" broken armor/weapons?

I bet the answer is no for both, because Bipeds and Dragons both have been surviving in PvE for _years_ prior to the Broken Weapon/Armor addition to the game.

DD has been done, and all of the major epic mobs have been killed prior to the Broken Weapon/Armors.

The Broken Weapon/Armors were meant to give the players something to do, give the players something new to work on, and I'd have to say it seemed to have worked, or at least the idea is good.

No, dragons don't "need" such items -- but it'd be nice if they would actually give them, just to be fair. I don't see a reason not to.

Edit: However, broken scales/claws could give spellcaster dragons more viability if done right. That's up to the devs, though. If they made a spell variant, then they'd need to make a melee variant too, but then they did that too for bipeds, so surely they could.
    Some of the broken things are alright. But stuff like the broken staves I've heard have silly requirements and are ultimately pointless to use. xD Broken items only give players who are adventurers and crafters something to do.

Ultimately as a player of a Biped I'd prefer some awesome quests that other people could get behind as something to do over broken items. Bipeds have nothing worth people gathering togethor for like the RoP and ARoP provide. But that's straying off topic.

Really, caster dragons will always be vastly inferior to melee dragons and sadly I don't see any amount of tweeking or changing to broken items doing anything for caster dragons. Not for as long as there's no defined Melee and Caster class for Dragons.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    I can absolutely tell you that a boost in power and primal will to very very very little to the effectiveness of your spells. I can get Akrion's spirit magic to 1800 and can say that there is absolutely no noticable effect between 1800 spirit magic and 1200 spirit magic. I can't quite make that extreme of a difference with power but I can boost it by ~150 or so at least, and still notice no difference.
    Ok then that's an oversight that the devs need to look in to... Primal spells should do much more damage than the shatter twisted version that the biped population has my bad ...

Thread Information