Thread: [Closed]Exceptionally bad in-game lag

Default [Closed]Exceptionally bad in-game lag

I'll be playing just fine, smooth as silk, then suddenly such bad lag hits that I can't even hit a hotbar key. It doesn't register mouse clicks, then a few minutes later the lag disappears.

I've checked everything on my end and it's not me. Someone please tell me what the devil this is! It's a real game ruiner!

Default Re: Exceptionally bad in-game lag

i can relate.. if definately been having worse lag then usual and i deleted my world cache. which i realize makes land areas load slower again.. but still even in dralk where i visit frequently its soo shutter/stop bad lag..

1) Don't delete the world cache unless you are experiencing crashes related to a geographic area ("Whenever I go to Dalimond, I crash."), or a persistent crash when logging in. Pulling down the terrain data will cause hitching.

2) Are you playing with terrain clutter on? If so, try disabling it and seeing if that helps.

3) Is your hard disk really busy during the periods of low fps?

4) There is no four. I just wanted to make the list look more fleshed out.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

No to all that. As I said, I checked everything on my end and did everything I could to get rid of the lag.

no to all those as well. when i play ista. its the only thing running.. besides msn as well.

i had nasty issues last week with lag, graphics loading, even issues logging in, and crashes.

2 things helped me a ton and the issues for the most part are gone.

first, make sure the clear world cache check box isn't checked under patcher options. mine was for some reason.

second was opening the ports istaria needs on my router. that made a huge difference. i dont remember which ports they are off hand, but im sure they are posted in the forums somewhere.

Already got the ports cleared, and I tried both clearing the cache, and leaving the cache there. It just happens. I'll be playing, everything fine, then suddenly, boom. So lagged I can't even push buttons or move easily. Then, a few minutes later, it goes away, everything back to smooth. About a half hour later, it comes back again.

That sounds like a virus scanner or some auto-update programme. But you've probably checked that already too.
    Last edited by Sigi; June 25th, 2011 at 12:39 AM.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Shakle View Post
    I'll be playing just fine, smooth as silk, then suddenly such bad lag hits that I can't even hit a hotbar key. It doesn't register mouse clicks, then a few minutes later the lag disappears.

I've checked everything on my end and it's not me. Someone please tell me what the devil this is! It's a real game ruiner!
    This is the first thing I would look at (since the problem is cyclical on a 30 min basis)

Turn on your debug logs and try to catch the next time you get a slow down.

Once you have it captured, have a look in the debug logs (might have to look at 2 or 3 of them and cross ref) around the time of the slow down.

What I would expect you to see if lots of messages that are corrupt and being rerequested, but coming back down as corrupt again.

aka UDP packet corruption loop
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information