Thread: t3 spell techs

Default t3 spell techs

i cant seem to find them anywhere.

no QM sells them

no mobs drop them. ive killed every intelligent mob and most non intelligent mobs lvl 40- 60 in the world. you name it i killed it. i have 0 t3 spell techs. in addition, i have exactly 4 jman forms drop in all that killing.

ive talked in MP, talked to friends...they are all having the same issue. i believe someone finally found a " few" greater ice blights that dropped a tech.

surely this level of tech's and forms should be more accessible?

i was under the assumption all intelliegent mobs had forms and techs on the loot table....was i misinformed?

undead sure arent droping them for this tier.neither are ogres, pygmies which i know drop them in t1 and t5.

any help would be apprieted, its really hard to make t3 teched stuff for lower lvls with no techs.

thanks

Smoor/Giavanna

Default Re: t3 spell techs

You speak of T3 Spell Techs. Which mobs did you kill which dropped T3 Techs other than Spell ones?

Knossos

none. i havent seen any t3 techs drop, most of them are on the QM's, but spell techs are not , as far as i can tell.

I looted a few on the Ice Blights near Valley of the Moon.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Try the Ice Blights in the Northern Deadlands. In short hunt got 2 T3 Spell Techs, a T3 Defense Tech, a few Blessings and some Journeyman Forms.

Knossos

Wow! Steelclaw, our posting times were the same for Ice Blights...

Knossos

so only one mob in the game, ice blights drops t3 spell techs? thats really the answer? oh ya, i killed them and got nothing. there were 3 of them in ND.

You are correct that QM don't sell spell techs. However, you can get spell techs from any mob that drops techs/forms and also from a Techatron by purchasing the Journeyman Mystery Boxes. There is even a Spell Mystery Box.

The types of mobs that typically drop forms and techniques are Chests, Semi-Intelligents - That is pygmies, ogres, skulks, etc, and also Undead - Skeletons, Zombies, Mummies, etc. Now, when hunting them it is best to remember that forms and techniques are considered rare drops, so you will only get rare drops from mobs in the "upper" part of the Tier. For Tier 3, that would be mobs that are level 50-60.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

looks like no one actually read my post, ive been killing for weeks looking for techs. but ya know what , screw it.

its not to make **** for myself, its to help out lower lvls, they can just suffer or find someone else. there is no way t3 shoudl be this hard to get techs for.

i bet 90% of the people that have the t3 spell techs bought with IBM's. look at the drop rates its absurd.

I read your post, Smoor, and responded in kind. I listed specific mobs and level ranges that DO drop techs/forms. But, perhaps I wasn't specific enough. So, here goes.

Named Ice Ogre/Pygmy.
    Ice Blights. Level 51-55.
    Any zombie, mummy, skeleton, ghost level 50 or higher. 99% of these are found in the Northern Deadlands on Trandalar.
    Mobs on Island of Draak (Entombed Soul, Mind Lasher, Seliena, Pale Hatchlings, Kaa, Lem.

Hope that helps. Hunt those and you'll have a chance to get spell techs. Alternatively, as I pointed out, you can hunt any mob, sell the junk loot, make some coin, and then go buy Spell Tech Mystery Boxes.

You are right that there is a lack of mobs that can drop techs/forms at T3 and probably at T4. Neither of these tiers has been revamped so they are indeed lacking what T1, T2, T5 and T6 have. Please take heart, it is something we are aware of and plan on resolving in the future.

AS far as the drop rates in particular, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Fyi, hunting named mobs gets you a much better chance at additional rare drops over hunting non-named.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I was up there on my Dragon doing the Ice Breath quest and got several spell techs.

Thread Information