Thread: Dark Cyclone

Default Dark Cyclone

I don't know about any of the other epic spells, but is there any chance of getting the damage ramped up a bit for Dark Cyclone? The damage it does for an epic spell is pretty low considering a lot more damage can be done with multiple casts of Lightning Storm in the time it takes Dark Cyclone to recharge. I hardly use it on my Druid/Ranger, except as an afterthought, or for the "ooh" factor. It's low damage/long recharge almost makes it not worth the time and effort to get it.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Default Re: Dark Cyclone

Might I suggest you invest in raising a school that will increase your Power. Without knowing your setup, I can attest that my DC does some very nice damage, although with Fusion Burn, Volcano now trumps it

My DC usually does over 400 damage to each mob it hits, and natually I use Multi-Cast 2, while Volcano usually does over 500 damage with Fusion Burn.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Mine does 400ish damage, too. But 400-500 damage every 10 minutes isn't much, unless you're fighting level 20 mobs. Just my opinion. I was excited when I got it, but after using it, I was sorely disappointed.

I personally feel that Dark Cyclone is fine. It's 400-450 AoE damage that is multi-castable. So you can get a good ~1800 AoE damage every 10 minutes from it. But this could just be because I'm used to awful abilities anyway such as ~650-700 multicastable damage on a single target every hour which makes Dark Cyclone seem like the most amazing thing ever. :P
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

I agree with perfect Spell, and multicast. That Dark Cyclone is good as is.just imo

I think if Dark Cyclone were more powerful, it would have to be higher level. I really, really like that there's a unique kind of spell with way cool graphics somewhere NOT at epic (90-100+) level. I'd like to see some questable-only spells at each tier.

Druids are not sposed to be large damage dealers so dc is very satisfactory. Rangers are damage dealers but they do sufficient damage with their bows and assorted abilities. With perfect and multi dc is a very nice addition at lev 75. It also has the best graphice of any of the epic spells.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Necromancy is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeconis View Post
    Necromancy is bad.
    Hey, this is pretty mild compared to some of the threads with posts from 2006 being necro'd lately. xP I wouldn't really consider bringing back a thread just over a month old necromancy.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Thread Information