Thread: Would you pay for old items to help the devs raise more income to improve the game?

Default Would you pay for old items to help the devs raise more income to improve the game?

Would you pay a nice amount of money to get your hands on somthing that cannot be obtained anymore, like shoulder pets, maybe a dim crystal of might, or even newly created fluff?

Default Re: Would you pay for old items to help the devs raise more income to improve the ga

Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    Would you pay a nice amount of money to get your hands on somthing that cannot be obtained anymore, like shoulder pets, maybe a dim crystal of might, or even newly created fluff?
    NO, big fat NO, I HATE cash shops in games, that's why I like istaria, it doesn't have that, what's rare is rare, and what's gone is gone

Default Re: Would you pay for old items to help the devs raise more income to improve the ga

I like the idea that you can buy stuff for your toons.

You see it on other games. Buy armor, weapon ect.
    But i could belive it would be hard for the dev to implant into the game?
    But what do i know :P

IF it was possible to buy a nice set of armor, special armor, maybe special armor a spesific class would be great.
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

In a word - NO

Amon already posted ideas about these items returning to
    game in the "Talk to the Team" topics.

Second Thread about paying more money to Virtrium in as
    many days. Is someone there getting desperate for cash?
    What is the next suggestion for tomorrow - Would we be
    willing to sell a Bodily Organ and donate the $$ to Virtiruim??

I honestly begin to wonder who exactly it is behind the scenes
    that is hoping one of these "More $$" threads will stick. Is it
    truly so close to collapse and total shutdown that we have
    to face daily threads on this topic?

I and many others are at our limits for spending on this game, sadly.

Andaras

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    NO, big fat NO, I HATE cash shops in games, that's why I like istaria, it doesn't have that, what's rare is rare, and what's gone is gone

Meeps, I dont belive that lootable things are ind mind here. But only buyable stuff
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Think vanity items that have no effect over the game not buy to win stuff. comeon think what wow is doing with their vanity stuff and they make money out of it. does a sparkle pony break the game no it did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    Think vanity items that have no effect over the game not buy to win stuff. comeon think what wow is doing with their vanity stuff and they make money out of it. does a sparkle pony break the game no it did not.
    Vanity items are a long way from "old" items that, in some cases, have been changed because they were seen as OP (Triple PV scales for instance). Now as "old" items is what this thread is about, I would say no as well. I have a feeling that it might do more damage than good. Most of those "old" items are too strong for the general populace to get their hands on. For example most things on the list of legacy items are so good for the lvl reqs that you run the risk of breaking the game if every one has one. Esp things like BHM or Moss club or DCOM (still want one/all if anyone has one for trade :P) and even the other xtals that are on the list.

As for vanity items... well it is kind of pointless for dragons (atm)... unless it is lair related and then no one sees it anyways. There are no mounts in this game, so you can scratch that one too. So what is left. Plot fluff (which we are getting more of these days anyways) and clothing for bipeds. Seeing as ~50 of the toons are dragons, you are starting to get a very small market. And quite frankly I personally don't really care (that might be because I only play dragon )

Also let us look at systems that are meant to be similar, i.e. the year of the phoenix stuff. Which is still not working three to four years after it was promised. Sure VI might make it a higher priority if there is money involved but I just can't see it.
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

no to buying in game items with real world money.
    yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever, no.
    that would make horizons too much like every other mmo out there, and i, for one, enjoy the fact that it is not.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Fluff cosmetic items yes yes and yes. I've already made some suggestions in other threads - like new themes for lair chambers ("forest" or "ice" for example, in addition to "helian" and "lunus") and the ability to change colours on an existing character (hey, if I could choose to have black claws/horns instead of self-coloured or white, you bet!) ...

Stuff that offers actual in-game benefits, not so much no.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

NO WAY.

I'll immediately leave Istaria if there's ANY possibility for Dollardoping.

Nuuuuu!
    don`t turn Istaria into a game where you have to spend money to get stuffs. stick to characters personal coin, or if need be bring back the bounty marker. :P

I love how boarderline offended some people have gotten in this thread in the span of 12 hours as if this was posted in Talk to the Team. :P

I personally don't think buying old items to be a very good solution, though I also personally think old items should be rid of completely, nerfed to uselessness, or superseded by new items since they'll never be made available again. *shrugs*
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Although I am a free-to-player, I think I may say some words here. I have tried several online games and the thing I hated in them was items for real cash. Istaria has succesfully avoided this thing and it is one of the game's best points. Would I try to buy some cool looking maul/crossbow/helm? No, I would not.
    If we are talking about Virtrium being low on funds - maybe it would be wiser to make a different approach: the payment plans. So far, Virtrium offers 3 of them:
    1) free to play, Human only, no buildings/plots. 0 USD per month;
    2) pay to play, any race, no buildings.plots. 10 USD per month
    3) pay to play, any race, 1 plot/lair. 15 USD per month.
    What if there would be more of plans, just like a webhosting company offers hosting solutions: small business - small plan - small payment; very big business - big private server - big money? What I am thinking of is: make more plans from cheap to expensive, plans resulting in opportunities.
    For example, introduce "state-owned" plots near towns where players may rent some land. Let us say, if player subscribes for the lowest plan, he may choose from 2 races (no dragons) and rent an up to t2 storage plot in any town. If player chooses more advanced plan, he can rent an up to t3 plot...and so untill we reach plan where player can have entire plot of his own. So, player may choose from, say, 6 or 9 plans, from very basic to very expensive; from renting storage to building Guild town (why not? I remember one game that allowed private towns. User had pay a serious money for that - but then you have your own town to control. And I mean town with all structures, provided player/guild pays in ca$h for them).
    [offtopic] And of course, making game more live would certainly improve everything. More players mean more paying players. Introduce some events, make some new quests or maybe add new abilities (for example, opportunity to build a ship and travel, but ships restricted to customers).[/offtopic].

Not sure where this low on funds thing came from, but I would like to point out that this thread was NOT started by anyone here at Virtrium. Nor are we asking for more funding by existing players. Finally, there are no plans now or in the future to move to a micro-transaction game.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Finally, there are no plans now or in the future to move to a micro-transaction game.
    Glad to hear that.

yes, let us remember that these suggestion threads all come from PLAYERS, who, apparently may or may not,bother to read to see if their ideas/thoughts were already addressed somewhere else.

No need to spot conspiracy theories when there are none. We see the suggestions come up multiple times before, regardless of wether or not they were ever officially addressed.

And I know this will come up again. The players,not the devs, post these things.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

im gonna go with NO on this one. i hate to pay money for ingame stuff.
    i wouldnt buy them such stuff has no appeal to me

Nope. I'm on disability and can barely afford what I have. If I could afford more plot subs, you can bet I would! Love Istaria!
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Thread Information