Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 208 Comment

Default Blight Update 208 Comment

I am a little concerned over the new change to dragons:

• Dragons can now use Ingenuity to gather logs from Trees.
    It's hard enough to get elm at places like Elmnic when there are 2 bipeds gathering logs on the map. IMHO, gathering elm takes twice as long as any of the other construction resources (bars, bricks, spools, even orbs) due to the amount of time spent chasing trees from field to field. And the respawn rate seems very low.

Are you going to increase the spawn rate in order to support the addition of dragon now gathering logs?
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Default Re: Blight Update 207 Comment

dragons do not need wood :P

rest assured the dragons are not going to over take the field :P

im happy as in RP i can now use them as scratching post ^^

Default Re: Blight Update 207 Comment

(Just a quick note: I changed the title of this thread because this change was in Delta 208, not 207.)

Default Re: Blight Update 208 Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Delite View Post
    It's hard enough to get elm at places like Elmnic when there are 2 bipeds gathering logs on the map. IMHO, gathering elm takes twice as long as any of the other construction resources (bars, bricks, spools, even orbs) due to the amount of time spent chasing trees from field to field. And the respawn rate seems very low.

Are you going to increase the spawn rate in order to support the addition of dragon now gathering logs?

While I do agree that elm's a pain, there's still plenty of elm trees. The respawn is nearly instantaneous as well. Just probably not where you are expecting it to be. Those trees spawn from the woodcutter's shed area all the way up to Solitaire. There's also elm near Slate Hills, around the slate field to the south. I don't know if those trees are linked to the Elmnic trees, though. And there's no woodcutter there, unless one happens to be on a plot in Slate Hills.

It would be nice to have the trees spawn a bit closer to the woodcutter in Elmnic.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

There's quite a bit of elm north of the Deadpool. And, as a Dragon, you can kill the Treants and gather from them now. No changes are planned for Elm spawn rates.

Fyi, the idea behind this was a) for Blue and b) to promote cooperation between Dragons and Bipeds.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you for shorting food timers.

Sandstone wall assets have undergone massive optimization changes. However, this will cause misalignment in existing walls and they will need to be rebuilt.
    Do not want. I'm sure it's for the best and everybody will benefit from this change, but as an owner of a maze plot... just ugh.

Dragons can now use Ingenuity to gather logs from Trees.
    Finally something to do with those trees on Drakul eh?

And food reduction timers. WOOT!

Yay my idea was accepted. now I can help my tasty little snacks when needed.

Sandstone wall assets have undergone massive optimization changes. However, this will cause misalignment in existing walls and they will need to be rebuilt.
    Can I request getting 100% resources from my walls then? I've got a 140x90 sized plot boardered with sandstone walls and in a very non-standard configuration (They don't just turn at 90 degree angles) and it took me a combined total of roughly 30 hours just to get them placed and make sure they're aligned as perfectly as they let me (Seriously, go to Miyuki on Order and look for yourself). Largely because there's no way to copy, move and place entire segments, so it took an extremely long and tedious time just to get the two main entrance segments on either side of the guildhouse to match eachother to any extent, let alone to get the everything as symmertical as possible.

It's going to take me plenty long enough to just fix the damage without having to replace 20% of the materials for the whole thing. And this is just assuming your changes only make me have to fix the walls. I can only imagine the reason for the change is to change how they can be placed, and if this is the case that would suggest how they can be placed would change as well. If it turns out that I can't place my walls in the same exact places I had them before, then I'd have to redo almost the entire plot because I have numerous structures such as Libraries and Silos that are planned into the wall placement.

As for Dragons being able to harvest wood now, how do they compare to bipeds at high tier? How well would a top crafter Dragon harvest Thornwood compared to a top crafter Biped?
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

I assumed the log change was related to the elm log quest.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by Shian
    Do not want. I'm sure it's for the best and everybody will benefit from this change, but as an owner of a maze plot... just ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrion
    It's going to take me plenty long enough to just fix the damage without having to replace 20% of the materials for the whole thing. And this is just assuming your changes only make me have to fix the walls. I can only imagine the reason for the change is to change how they can be placed, and if this is the case that would suggest how they can be placed would change as well. If it turns out that I can't place my walls in the same exact places I had them before, then I'd have to redo almost the entire plot because I have numerous structures such as Libraries and Silos that are planned into the wall placement.
    I am sorry that such things will be causing some amounts of frustration to come. I was aware it wouldn't be greatly desired and did try to create exports that will not corrupt your plot designs. However, there was no way to get the newer models without it causing a mess. It was something that had to be done and it isn't quite done yet. I am reviewing the other walls in addition to the dreaded stone floors I had asked about previously.

The reasons for reviewing these assets are in a nutshell:

- Walls are created by dropping multiples of the models. Some are a little bit too intensive resource wise for this and need to be toned down.
    - To my knowledge, it appeared some bits of the walls were not on the footprint like it should be.
    - Some under-the-hood stuff that wasn't as it should be. Consequently, it was doing the opposite of what it should have been doing (causing graphical lag instead of reducing lag).
    - Making sure the walls have all the same pieces available. This means that by next delta, all walls will now have a 3m, 5m, 10m, 20m section in addition to a corner and an archway or gate (8m wide based on the sandstone gate). Was always not particularly fun to try to work with one wall only to find out you couldn't get it to line up properly and had to use another instead... only to find out its missing another part you really wanted in the first place.
    Last edited by Frosthide; July 7th, 2011 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks for your response, Frosthide. My primary question to you is will my walls be able to drop back in the same locations that they could previously? I had them pressed all the way up to the edge of the plot and if they are forced inwards much it means that I will also have to take down pretty much the entirety of my plot. Which will force me to not only replace 20% of the cost of my walls, but t2, t4 libraries and t2, t3 and t4 silos as well. I don't want to have to both re-deisgn and re-gather resources for my entire plot because of this change.

Secondly, would it be possible to impliment a feature that lets you select multiple walls and copy them, or at least move them all as one? If you look at my plot on Order you should see why I ask. I have two sets of archways at the front aligned like this:

\._._./*Guildhouse*\._._./

And it is extremely, extremely difficult to make these match because there's no way to see and compare them both to eachother. There's only 8 archways and 6 5 meter walls in this design and it accounted for almost half the the time it took for me to do the entire wall.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Thanks for your response, Frosthide. My primary question to you is will my walls be able to drop back in the same locations that they could previously?
    If you can place the footprint there, then yes, they should be able to go back in their place as the footprint is now properly centered to the model.

Secondly, would it be possible to impliment a feature that lets you select multiple walls and copy them, or at least move them all as one?
    I am afraid this is not my area of expertise so I will not be able to answer this for you.

yays! no the Reegster can help the Cougar kitty gather that annoying elm XD thankies!

Thanks again, Frosthide. Another potential aid is the ability to overlay a grid on your plot as you're building it. If you do level design work, or ask someone who does, I'm sure you'll understand just how mindbendingly monotonous it is to do level design work with a lack of basic information and tools such as a grid and the ability to copy and move multiple objects.

The only way I can get any kind of precision currently is by using other objects as measuring sticks. The 3 meter fence, for example. Or to make sure my walls are aligned by slowly nudging them until they splice perfectly into an existing wall piece.

Another thing that would be nice is to have an option to move pieces based on their local X and Y rotation and not the plot X and Y. It's one thing to match a wall sitting at 90 degrees and to move it on the X plot axis, or the Y plot axis. It's another thing to match a wall sitting at 15 degrees and be unable to simply nudge the wall along its own X or Y axis.

Thumbs up Re: Blight Update 208 Comment

Ack about the sandstone walls! Since Shian is my neighbor and friend. (I'm glad RL seems to be slowing down again so hopefully I'll have the time to help with the rebuild.)

BUT! YEA!!!! To all of this!!

Outgoing teleport gates to the settlements of Himeji and Crystal on Shepherd's Mountain and the guild community of Carmo. WOOT!!!

Food has undergone some significant changes:
    • The recycle rate (the rate at which you can eat the same food again) has been lowered to 480 seconds (from 600 seconds).
    • The amount of DP reduction for foods has been greatly increased. Eating a full meal (Appetizer, Side, Main and Dessert) of the appropriate tier will now remove a full 50% of a Death Point when eaten outside of a Tavern.
    • Lowered the number of required resources (5-2 became 3-1, 3-1 became 2-1) used in intermediate foods in the following formulas:
      • Confectioner Candies
      • Confectioner Dairy Products
      • Confectioner Doughs
      • Confectioner Flours
      • Confectioner Gravies and Syrups
      • Confectioner Herbs and Spices
      • Confectioner Marinades
      • Confectioner Oils and Sauces
    • Lowered the coin value of purchased foods by 50%.
    Terrain seam at 15501, 15031 on Genevia Island.

I want to hunt you all down and give you bearhugs!!! Thank you soo much!

*Nellie does an exuberant gnomish dance waving her cooking knife! (Chefs do that!) And Ochre does aerial backflips over her mining pick.*
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

...I find the notion of gathering wood by any other means than mauling treants degrading...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    ...I find the notion of gathering wood by any other means than mauling treants degrading...
    perhaps, but sometimes dragons just like to use their claws on whatever is closest

the answer is simple: Scratching post
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I never thought it happens that dragons can gather wood. I am happy about this change, if you don't want to gather wood, just don't gather it. I love to help my biped friends with at least suppling them with the basic ressources if I can. I hope in the future fabrics will follow, and the crystals for the bipeds at least to gather.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information