Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my first maps, a try

Default Re: my first maps, a try

Thank you Pharaxes, this is how it will look with the next Map Pack update

Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Cool I hope it will work as good as it looks.

I noticed on the map of Island of Battles some markers seem a bit moved, at least on my side. Like the vaultkeeper being in water:

think must be my fault somehow...

Nice maps. Those are awesome... Yes, no world cache data for Helian's Tomb >< Makes it difficult.. I did double check the marker locations and they are spot on, on Isle of Battle. Maybe it can be adjusted by changing the map.def or cutting off a small portion off the bottom (like maybe cutting 20-30 pixels off the bottom). In theory, it should push the markers up inside the island. Don't know, would have to play around with it, but sure it could be adjusted. But its still nice as is. That is so minor Isle of Battles is probably the least visited place in Istaria, haha.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

for your information

I'm progressing alot with the Helian Map. A small pic to show how it looks in the raw version:

*yawns* *sighs* 1:30am again... I shouldn't do such things this late...

Looking great the Helian map

The problem with the NPCs on Isle of Battles will be fixed with the next Map Pack update, I've found the error in the map.def file:

float MetersToPixels = 3,125

must be
    float MetersToPixels = 3.125

I've also colored the ocean now
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

When I'm at home I will make a bigger image of the Helian map and can sent it to you then. Also made some coordinates of for example the Landig Pad and other stationary or mostly stationary things (Enraged Azulars, Chests etc.).

I would make an image that would show a map from e.g. coordinates 600/50000 to 900/45000 (no real values, just telling).
    That would be enough for you to make the map out of it, right? I'm not as good at texturing...
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Yes with given coordinates and the raw map I'll do a textured version of it, thank you!

Thank you so much Pharaxes, without your tremendous work generating the raw map this wouldn't have been possible. This map nearly killed my nerves, the raw map was blurred, took me some time until I regocnized what was wrong. Now it's working and will look like this with the next Map Pack update, I've also added some new map markers for the Crawlers and Azulars

Awesome stuff, you guys never cease to amaze me. Thanks for investing the time into these, they will be a nice addition
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information