Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my first maps, a try

Default Re: my first maps, a try

on my computer 3.2GHz Dual Core and only 2GB DDR2-RAM it takes me like 20-30 minutes to open the file. But then I could "work" with it. even so every step of work took another long minutes *smirks*

Thumbs up Re: my first maps, a try

Wow! this is a great work!
    i jast think do it, and eventualy found this post.
    Pharaxes, is any "white spots" on map, that i can examine? or you already check each inch of the world?

thats why my Gimp uses a 7.1GB swap file it generates on it own... heres the proof (look at the zoom factor at the bottom. PS: this file has filled the empty spots with the ocean ground, thats why theres no empty space)

*looks to Krinharth* well i wouldn't say i looked at the game when i was flying all over the world to get the map files so... take a closer look at the world map and look for spaces you'd like

So you need an SSD to open such large images effectively, however, using SSDs as swap storage is misusing as so much writing quickly is seriously wearing on all the data cells.

I do not force anyone to even take a look at my maps so...

anyway. i tiled the big world map now. (look here for a preview). You can download the 7z-archive with the images here.

Wonderful work, Pharaxes

I put my map of Dralnok's Doom now into a useable map for ingame. Just download it and extract it into your Hz-folder.

Its far from being perfect, so I will ignore any complain about that

Attention: The caves are meant to be kind of a labyrinth. With this map it won't ever again be a problem to find your way. If you know the caves already, then this will just make it look better for you ingame, but if you never been in the caves before, this will be a great spoiler and propably will take the fun of exploring this new area. Please keep that in mind.

Just a small addition: Useable map of the Rift

same rules as for the caves. Don't use it if you're new to the Rift. Not my fault when you take out the fun of finding your way i just had enough of thinking where which guardian was again heh...

btw the links in my first posts are now dead. only in the post with the summary of all maps at the near bottom of page one of the thread and in later posts the links are working now

maybe i should collect them together again *ponders*

It depends which server board I think is which.

That sure beats my simplistic rift map... nice work!

I'm glad that you like it

Nice work

well nothing much this time...

Ingame map for the Battle of Isles

not much use, but... since when do I useful things? *chuckles*

Thanks for you great work.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Pharaxes, well done! As I returned some weeks ago to Istaria and I've started to work on the mappack again would your graphics of a great use for me.

Is it allowed to use your graphics for a new version of the "mappack" (you'll get the credits for that of course)?
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Oh I'd be honoured

But I have to say that after the last revamp the map of whole Istaria might not reflect the actual surroundings there now :-/

You're of course free to try that on a map pack before you give it out *smirks* wouldn't want to be the reason the map pack is called buggy

Great, thank you

I think I won't be able to fit in the large map, it even need a lot of tweaking that hills and mountains get those light effects and adding water to rivers, seas and such. But all the new islands, Dalimond and dungeons is what I'd like to add to the map pack.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Couple of people asked about Helian's Tomb and Tomb of Ashlander Vandus dungeon, today... Got me thinking... About you! Maybe if you get bored one day, and need something to do, wink wink

Thanks again for all your work!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

the problem with those two locations is, that the game doesn't place any map pieces into the world cache who would making sense. The map parts that are places inside there only show a square map with nothing in the middle and one corridor going all along the border.

I once tried to make a manual map of Ashlanders Tomb by writing down each borders position and such. It then looked a bit like this:

(I would have uploaded the ods-file, but the attachment-window said it's an invalid file...)

Hey Pharaxes, maybe you could send me the files via email, I'll rework the graphics so the map looks nicer and we can include them with the next update, email, thank you

mail is sent

Thread Information