Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Sorcerer

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Sorcerer

unfortunately if I remember correctly turning clarity into a aura type would prevent all other more effective auras from working if those did not overwrite the clarity in the first place. right now im looking at what sorc has gained and at the cost of this gain. 1st being the mind bold spell does improve the limited number of mind spells. a downside now, with spellbind and area spellbind now on shared timers this does reduce the sorc ability for crowd control. the current state as far as I can gather Clarity II I am assuming is going to get changed that it does not offer the stun/mes immunety until ( death, logout
    , forcefully dispelled, or player manually removes it). so to me sorc gets 1 new thing and 2 breaks/ nerds in exchange

after looking at the istaria wiki THE only change to the entire ability list of sorcerer school that would need a change/fix is make clarity 2 dispelable that is the ONLY change. spellbind and area spellbind need/needed no change.

It would only prevent the sorcerer himself from using group power aura.

You can still have say a healer in the group with aura of health up, and another player in the group with Illustrius stand up.

I think turning clarity II into an aura is a reasonable solution.
    Last edited by Guaran; June 25th, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

I all honesty of my opinion Clarity II was never really broken in the first place. An the only change i myself can see as a acceptable change is making it dispelable, sorc has already gotten one nerf with the spellbind and area spellbind now on shared timers it does not need another one

I second your opinion Starlight , Us sorcerer have to stick together and get Clarity II back to its original condition and keep it there . as for spellbind and area spellbind the shared timer sucks also

I actually like the idea of clarity being an aura that dispels mezz/stuns every so many seconds way if we want to benefit with us we have to take the sorc with us. At least we won't get peeps casting it on themselves and changing classes.

Usually if it is preperation of a hunt the ability is used on everyone that is going to be in the group before the sorc would even change classes not simply used on self. Personally im against changing it into an aura the ability. The way it was granting the stun immunity on single target and being a 1 minute recycle it would take at least 10 minute preperation time anyway so I will stay with my opinion that the clarity II currently was before these changings was the way it should be put back to and kept at that. Corection as I said THE only change it may need is that it would need to be dispelable but nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Usually if it is preperation of a hunt the ability is used on everyone that is going to be in the group before the sorc would even change classes not simply used on self.
    Thats-
    and what is so bad about that?
    In a time , when every single char is precious for a dangerous group hunt-cause of low population-
    is it real cheating- if the biped does what Star discribed-and then turns to healer? Or whatever?
    Most of us need to bring two chars into a fight- which- at least for me and Flame- reduces the fun 50%.
    What a waste to bring a sorcerer instead a healer-nearly impossible in some hunts.
    With full group- ok- but I can`t remember a full group in the last years.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It is knowing how to effectively use the adventure classes that the player brought up for the most effecient buffs and abilities to both A: increase survival chances for themselves and their group, B: to swap class as design in the entire game to bring the proper class for the actual hunt. So no it not cheating in any way, shape or form. sorc was one of the few classes that needed no change in their original abilities.

Oh come on.
    If you don't have Clarity then work out and get it.
    If you don't have it due to whatever reasons (one being "i'm to lazy to level yet another class") then don't come out here to scream "Nerf!" or "It is cheating to cast it on yourself/other then swap classes" or other crap like this.

Dracillion has put it really nicely in his 'Tossing in the hat' thread: it is a coop game, not a competitive one. One should look into improving the less played classes instead of nerfing the good ones by altering an ability here and there.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

i think the nerfs to Clarity and Spellbind/Area Spellbind should be reverted, i dont believe they were truly necessary to happen in the first place, as another said, these abilities dont make you invincible

These will be unlinked for the next update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    These will be unlinked for the next update.
    Thanking you kindly. :D
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thanking you kindly. :D
    I second this \o/

Good to know these are being restored to the original state

Just wondering - in regards to the Mind Bolt that will be added eventually - will [we] be getting more techs for it? Mind Damage, range, etc? The only tech that comes to mind at the moment for mind spells is Derange (Reduces target's power and focus to 65% of base), and -that- debuff doesn't even stack with Disconcert, if I remember correctly. I can't recall if it's the other way around and Disconcert doesn't stack with Derange, but I know that they conflict somehow.

Also, a friend suggested a spell that has a chance/definite effect to make mobs attack/damage each other in same way for an extremely short duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Just wondering - in regards to the Mind Bolt that will be added eventually - will [we] be getting more techs for it? Mind Damage, range, etc? The only tech that comes to mind at the moment for mind spells is Derange (Reduces target's power and focus to 65% of base), and -that- debuff doesn't even stack with Disconcert, if I remember correctly. I can't recall if it's the other way around and Disconcert doesn't stack with Derange, but I know that they conflict somehow.
    Mind Range and Mind Damage, yes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Also, a friend suggested a spell that has a chance/definite effect to make mobs attack/damage each other in same way for an extremely short duration.
    That would be interesting, a single target and an aoe "confusion" type of spell. :-)

A belated responce to amons comment about sorc school not being a nuker. I all honesty a sorc being a nuker is to me is obviously the exact opposite of how sorcerer class is to be used. example being if a sorcerer used area spellbind and assumed it hit all targets and then goes and tosses a bomb spell either multicasted or normal they just undid the entire spellbind thus wasting the ability and either getting themselves or their group killed because of it.

as per your post on bight 242 discussion ( Amon ) have clarity II be dispellable and keep as an AoE and a confusion spell would be nice .. we could still crowd control with more than a couple abilities . spellbinds please revert back it is really needed when you hunt and you get mobbed..too many social mobs . having clarity only last 30 sec out of 60 makes it so hard to do anything else but try to debuff as post dealing with Draknor ..sorcerer was useless and he might as while not have hunted. just like Ressurect ( 60 sec recycle ) so hard to keep everyone alive in a fight if you are waiting for a key ability

Thread Information