Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Sorcerer

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I agree (partially) with Hallucin here. Area spellbind should not be made into a stun-like thing that fades after a couple hits.

Spellbind, however...I wouldn't mind as much, but would rather it remain the same as it always has. Perhaps it could become a Lesser Spellbind type thing when someone was not in the sorc school but had it mastered and become a stun that went poof after 3 or so hits, but remain a 1 minute crowd control ability only when in the sorcerer school?
    I don't agree with the proposed changes to Spellbind and Area Spellbind. Those are critical, core abilities a Sorceror has to help with crowd control, it is easier to manage massive crowds of enemies and assist your allies when the enemies can't move period.

To illustrate, a group of adventurers and I battled against a greater blight anchor that was ruthlessly spawning tons of enemies that would have very quickly overwhelmed us all in a matter of seconds, had my spellbind and area spellbind only been stuns that lasted for a couple seconds. The abilities, as they are now, are absolutely critical to continue as they are, untouched. After all, a Sorceror, by the lore in the description of the school can 'control their enemies like puppets on a string'. Being able to control their mind to make them unable to act until you desire to let them act follows in suit with that. Stuns, on the other paw... just momentarily stop them. In that regard, please leave spellbind and area spellbind as they are. On another note, changing spellbind and area spellbind into stuns would also, more or less make the Sorceror mirror Wizard to a degree, which has many abilities that stun the enemies and specializes in stunning. Manipulating a creature's mind to render them unable to act until you release them makes far more sense to leave as a Sorceror's responsibility.
    Last edited by Litarath; February 25th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Flame and me agree with Litarath here
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I think my main concern with some of the changes to Sorcerer is that they might break the focus of crowd-control. Its not meant to be a nuker.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Sorcerer
    Awareness is now received at level 20, 40, 60, and 80 and scales from +40 to +160.
    This I like (iirc, it had just been lv20 +40 mind skill before. So...buff \o/!)

Manifested Power now recycles at 30 seconds, has updated damage, and has a 5% chance to debuff the target with a 15-second Mesmerize.
    5% is too little chance for a skill that recycles every 30 seconds. 30% maybe and lower the damage a tiny tiny bit or up the recycle time? We're supposed to control mobs, not hit them really hard.

Mind Defense IV properly boosts Mind Ward by +168.
    Seems nice enough. A small fix, 168 mind ward up from 156.

Blur II is now received at level 55 and Blur III at level 90. Blur II and III are not-masterable and give +60 and +80 to Evasion respectively.
    Monks will be mad about this (And a bunch of others besides :P). Must consider multi-classing when changing around masterable abilities and what level they are received at. That aside, I like the +80 evasion.

Spellbind and Area Spellbind now share a timer at 50%.
    This is a terrible. If one puts the other on cooldown, [sorcerers] won't be able to mez mobs as effectively as they used to ( Area bind can miss you know! ). Even if the new mind bolt spell gives us some good damage/debuff applying ability, we still lose a good chunk of effectiveness here.

Clarity II has been temporarily reverted to give stun and mez immunity that does not break until death.
    Except for the bolded apart, I like this. Again, main school defining ability that wasn't even broken in the first place had been changed and then reverted. Could've left this ability alone and avoided a lot of trouble.

Added Mind Bolt I to V and formulas to the loot tables. (Known Issue: The icons are currently not assigned and use the default)
    I'd say I like this...about time we got a mind damage bolt. Thanks devs! :D

Anyway. Please ask the community before making changes to the core abilities of a school! ( Clarity, Spellbind/Area, and you could've asked for some opinions on Manifested Power as well :P )

*I had my sorc logged in while writing this, but please still realize it's possible I've remembered things incorrectly.
    Last edited by Alisto; June 6th, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

Anyway. Please ask the community before making changes to the core abilities of a school! ( Clarity, Spellbind/Area, and you could've asked for some opinions on Manifested Power as well :P )

Perhaps you missed the 3 pages of discussion in this very thread regarding Sorcerer? :)

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Perhaps you missed the 3 pages of discussion in this very thread regarding Sorcerer? :)[/B]
    Apologies for lack of expansion on what I meant. I shouldveadded "And then listen to the suggestions." ^^ editing fail on my part. Yes, ive read the three pages, and it seems the things that made it in are some changes to blur, manifested power, addition of a mind bolt spell. All of which I saw discussed and changes made in patch - if youll notice, I said concerning "changes to the core abilities." I would only consider mind bolt and the lack of one to be a core ability (am still thrilled by the addition of that spell :D).....but no one said anything on clairty, and the only things I saw on spebind were suggestions to turn it into a stun, with said suggestions being argued against saying that sorcerers are a crowd contr class, not tiny stuns.

But yes, bad wording on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Apologies for lack of expansion on what I meant. I shouldveadded "And then listen to the suggestions." ^^ editing fail on my part. Yes, ive read the three pages, and it seems the things that made it in are some changes to blur, manifested power, addition of a mind bolt spell. All of which I saw discussed and changes made in patch - if youll notice, I said concerning "changes to the core abilities." I would only consider mind bolt and the lack of one to be a core ability (am still thrilled by the addition of that spell :D).....but no one said anything on clairty, and the only things I saw on spebind were suggestions to turn it into a stun, with said suggestions being argued against saying that sorcerers are a crowd contr class, not tiny stuns.

But yes, bad wording on my part.
    Correct, Clarity was not mentioned in this thread. I'll refer to the thread on Clarity for more on why it was changed and not part of this discussion.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 6th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Correct, Clarity was not mentioned in this thread. I'll refer to the thread on Clarity for more on why it was changed and not part of this discussion.
    The thread that popped up after big changes were made to the skill.
    *Most of what I was concerned about was resolved - thanks Amon!*

Could you please explain your reasoning behind making Spellbind and Area Spellbind share a cooldown?

Playing a new Toon on Blight I looted a Mind Bolt I Spell Formula. I note that Mind Bolt is limited to Sorcerer Class only. Testing this I determined that I could not scribe it (though I have sufficient mind skill and adventure level from my Mage Class). Is this "as intended" for purposes of "game balance"?

Or can the Mind Bolt, as is the case for all other Bolts (Aside from Blood Bolt), be cast by any main class subject to skill and adventure level?

Knossos

as for the spellbind change this is my speculation of the reason is to either limit or reduce a sorc ability for cross control

I meant to say crowd control in my previous post not cross control

Got this suggestion in a support ticket from a player. Figured I'd pass it along.

- I suggest the skill remain mostly as it is (that is, still give stun and mez immunity) but be made into something like Cloak of Thorns, Infix Fury, or Ice Barrier - Give Clarity II a set amount of charges, and it can negate the effects of that many stun/mez spells before it falls off and the player becomes vulnerable again. To make it unique to the sorcerer, have a 'lesser' version of it be single target but provide a couple extra charges than originally intended, and later on have the sorcerers gain an AoE version, either as an Aura that applies stacks of the buff every tick, or as a cast-once spell with a medium cooldown that provided significantly less stacks than the single target version, but applies it to everyone in range.
    - For flavor, as a side note - When the buff falls off, cause it to give a very small debuff that decreased mind resistance by a bit. This little detail isn't something all that important, but it would add some depth and flavor to the skill.

I still don't see why clarity II has to be changed .. it does not give you any super powers .. just the ability not to be stunned or mezzed , it does not mean you are invincible !!! as per your suggestion now we see where all these changes come from .. from players that use support tickets instead of putting their suggestions in forums on the proper threads like the rest of us .... what are they scared of some feed back on their suggestions from other players. Any suggestions to changes should be redirected to forum threads where they belong !!!

In my opinion again about clarity, is orignal design before all this began happening was how i feel worked as intended and i see or saw no reason to even consider making any changes to it

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    In my opinion again about clarity, is orignal design before all this began happening was how i feel worked as intended and i see or saw no reason to even consider making any changes to it
    The original design it was just a cleanse. Is that what you are referring to?

I like the idea of Clarity being a buff that negates a certain number of stunz/mezzes before expiring.
    I just lost the game.

If it was turned into a group aura, that removes stun/mezzes once a minute, that would be cool.

Healers get Illustrius stand and aura of health, sorcerer gets group power aura, mage gets group flame defense, conjuror gets group ice defense, wizard gets group energy defense. Turn it into something like these, that removes stuns/mezzes. Probably wouldn't stack with group power aura, but it would be a nice option. And it's precedented that 1 class has 2 different aura's to choose from, see Healer.

I was refering to clarity II the one that granted the immunity. as for the illustrious stand and aura of health , the illustrious stand can not be used with aura of health and currently aura of health is alot better than illustrious stand is. I just feel that the current setup the clarity 2 not having a duration but removed on either death, logout, dispells by means of expulse or dispell, or by player manually removing it. As for the defences they seem a little lacking in overal usefulness

no change of mind here either.
    Leave ClarityII and Sorcerer the way it is.
    Even an ingenization of stunners is no comfort.
    We learned to fight the Aegors, CarrionCrawlers &Co- we all passed the quests and won in the end.
    A challange- an unloved one- but a challange*shruggs*
    My opinion
    A small leak will sink a great ship-or is it vice versa in this case?
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; June 24th, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

If it was turned into a group aura, that removes stun/mezzes once a minute, that would be cool
    One removal of a stun/mez every minute is far too little. If it was made into an Aura, I'd hope that it was something like Aura of Health in that it removed stuns and mezs once every 5 seconds for 30 minutes ( I don't really like the fact that Aura of Health has a 15 min downtime window, and hope that a Clarity aura would be 'cleanse every 5 seconds forever until the actual aura buff wears off).

Some mez spells could last 1 minute, and so an Aura that cleanses stuns/mezs every minute could be useful there, but 1 cleanse/min is far too large a ticking speed when you can die so much faster from multiple stuns/mezs. I know that the number of stuns and mezs are currently being looked at and changed, but I'm going with how many there are right now in game.

I don't like the idea of Clarity becoming an aura, but those are my thoughts on that specific idea.

Thread Information