Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Bugs

Default Game Bugs

Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.

A few notes that will make tracking down and thus being able to fix bugs easier.
    • If the bug happened as part of a quest, please include the name of the quest and about how far into the quest it happened if the quest is a longer one.
    • If the bug was with an NPC, please include the name of the NPC and a complete sentence of what was said, not just the problem part to make finding the error easier.
    • Screenshots aren't needed in most cases and take up a great deal of "screen space". If a bug is with an item, the name of the item and what is wrong is usually all that is needed for us to be able to track it down.
    • If you are playing on Blight and encounter a bug, especially if it is something that happened due to a recent update, please post on the thread for that set of patch notes, not on here. In general we assume that the bugs posted here are coming from either Chaos or Order players.
    • Likewise it helps save us time and be more efficient if you skim the current patch notes before posting a new bug to be sure that it hasn't already been fixed on Blight and is just pending an update to Chaos/Order.

Thank you.

Default Re: Game Bugs

Chaos.

Clerash, Town Marshall in Chiconis. Offers Picnic Disaster at level 25. Can only be turned in to Dalimond Town Marshall, and only rewards coin.

This quest is obsolete which is why it isn't working. I'll remove it from Clerash for the next patch.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 12th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Please see attached file. Damage on this lvl 70 xtal is way too low, espcially when compared to others of the same lvl. That is all

Good catch! And, it was actually wrong on ALL of the Beaming Crystals of Might.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 13th, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Spiked Scales VI: A New Enemy
    Quest Log says Rykhar is in Chiconis, but is actually in Dralk.

Must be fixed already on blight cause I'm not seeing it on prod.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 13th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

Killed Son of Gigaroth recently and did not receive any of his weapon drops. I thought that was fixed? (Will send in a ticket with the logs just in case.)

His specific loot drop is not a guaranteed thing, it just has a really good chance.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 14th, 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quest: Central Valley: Forest Skulk Menace (dragon). Forest Skulk Fishers don't count, only the Hunters do.

I am unable to replicate this, they work fine for me.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 21st, 2011 at 11:47 AM.

The perfect rose quartz shard quest from NPC Miner Jemmei Brocklebor. I get the quest she says "What is this you have? a curious shard....." go speak to Gangaf
    I do not have this shard in inventory and all Gangaf tells me is something about his latest invention. nothing about continuing the quest.

You can't continue the quest beyond Gangaf if you don't have the perfect shard with you. If you failed to loot it when you killed the golem for Jemmei in the first place then I am sorry but you cannot continue the quest.

Lightning Blast V spell from the winter vale NPC's is a nature based spell only usable by mage/mage prestige classes who do not get nature skill. This intended? Does not make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. You are receiving a spell from a MAGE, not a Druid. And it is not a bug.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

I've been hunting with my Saris (24 STMD, adv rating 31, craft rating 17) quite a bit recently, and racked up several death points. So I decided to go find a tavern with some T2 food and get rid of them.

My understanding is that eating a full meal of tier appropriate food while seated in a tavern should remove about half of a death point timer. The full meal removes 88 minutes from the death point. My death point timer when I logged in this morning was at 13 hours 11 minutes, and, if my recollection for the time remaining when I went to bed last night is accurate, would have been between 14 and 15 hours maximum. That's about 10% for a full meal, not 50%.

Was a change made that I missed in patch notes, or is this a bug?

EDIT: I just found http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=103. where it states that T1 will have 8 hours per death point, increasing by 4 hours each tier, so my T2 death points should have been 12 hours each, not the over 13 hours and most likely 14 to 15 hours.

I also found the statement "Eating a fully Seasoned Meal will remove about 25 percent of a full Death Point earned within the same Tier as the meal." and the food I've been eating is likely not seasoned:
    - Appetizer: Tossed Salad, T1, lists for 10:00, I get 8:00 (no T2 appetizers that I could find)
    - Main: Fried Chicken, T2, lists for 50:00, I get 50:00
    - Side: Buttermilk Biscuits, T1, lists for 25:00, I get 20:00 (no T2 sides that I could find)
    - Dessert: Blackberry Cobbler, T2, lists for 18:00, I get 18:00
    Note that the 88 minutes I listed counts up the list times, not the times I get for not being able to eat some T2 food. How much time would the seasoning add? Enough to bring it from 10% up to 50%?

For starters, that post is VERY old, at least 2 years. So I wouldn't count on any numbers it lists being entirely accurate any longer. The other, are you doing this on Blight? Because the latest patches that alter the timers and DP reduction amounts are only on blight at the moment.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 22nd, 2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Additional info
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Imperial spell vendors offer thunder cloud I for sale, as I recall this form started at journeyman.

Got it. Thanks.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

I'm not sure what happened on Chaos, but on plot's construction tab it no longer correctly sorts by progress. It used to sort the percentages either up or down, now it's a jumbled mess.

This is a known issue.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Decorative Pond T2 footprint still doesn't match the model.

I did check the T3 pond and it was fixed correctly.

It should, it uses the same exact footprint at the T1 model. I uploaded it again for the next patch, though, just in case that one was somehow missed.
    Last edited by Velea; September 9th, 2011 at 06:41 PM.

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Blog Entries

Quest Bug
    Dragon School
    Teching A the Malachite Claw (I can't remember the exact name of it)
    --------------

I was actually doing a livestream recording when I found the bug. It happens, at least for me at the end of the quest. Right before you go in to tech/make the claw to complete the quest.

If you talk to Kerian with all the materials in your backpack, he will accept it as being made, instead of shooing you off to finish the process.

Having trouble finding this quest as the name is not listed.
    Last edited by Velea; September 9th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.

New Plot Items optimals

Not sure if this is a bug or if it was intended, but for the new plot structures (e.g., hedge walls, washtub, hammock, park bench, firepit) optimal amount is 1 unit instead of 2 units, and the minimum amount is 2 instead of 3.

This is by design.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 9th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.

Small Sand Beetle Thorax says it's used in Craft: Fishing I technique - there is no Craft: Fishing I technique.

The techniques are quested for, not sold.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 9th, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

Orthondrin's Riddle
    Brannagor is not anywhere on Observatory Peninsula. Looked for him for 45 minutes along with Knossos and Runos.

This is a known issue.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 10th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

The Than'kuk Scouts (East of Winter Vale) are dropping Than'kuk Warrior Manacles just like the Than'kuk Warriors are. Is this "as intended"?

This is as intended.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 11th, 2011 at 07:14 PM.

Latest Live patch notes say:

For this year, food and fireworks will be available for purchase via coin rather than tickets from the merchants in the maze.
    But they still don't accept coins on Order.

this is now fixed
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 21st, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quest menu seems to be a little jenky. Seems that anytime a quest updates it will minimize all of the quests in the quest window. Not really that big of an issue just a little annoying.
    Eligus - Spearwoman - Order
    Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes

Got some typos for ya. These are all found on Order.

Lesser Aradoth: Attunement to Parsinia - This is part of the text said by the NPC after the player has successfully attuned: "You am authorized to attune you to Parsinia."

It should probably be "I am" rather than "You am."

The Commissioner's Day Off - Original text of the quest step that sends the player to Chiconis: "Rentalem, guard in Chiconis, guards always know waht's going on with the dragons."

This is kind of awkwardly worded, and "waht's" should be "what's." I'd probably rephrase it to something like: "Rentalem is a guard in Chiconis. The city's guards always know what's going on with the dragons."

This quest is also repeatable. I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

Festival Commissioner default dialogue - "I'm certian that everything is going off just as planned."

"Certian" should be "certain."

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

# Fabric Isle has been revamped and includes the following changes:

* Fabric now spawns in a more consistent pattern, starting with Flax and Kenaf near the bridges to the island.
    * The Fabric spawns no longer overlap as they previously did.
    * Silk, Ironsilk, and Steelsilk can now be found in small quantites.
    Just went all over Fabric Isle on Chaos server, could not find a single Silk or Steelsilk plant on the isle. There were flax plants all the way at the north tip of the island across from the cotton plants. I did find a few ironsilk plants

they're there but kind of hidden away. keep hunting.

Follow-up, Silk was mistakenly spawning kenaf. fixing for the next update.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 21st, 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Thread Information