Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for offical reason for unscheduled downtime yesterday.

Default Waiting for offical reason for unscheduled downtime yesterday.

Luca can you give a reason please as to why the servers were offline last night and also whyno word was posted on forums or login page please. Also I presume you will be crediting all accounts with 8hrs worth of gametime back, due to lost time just before the auctions restart?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Default Re: Waiting for offical reason for unscheduled downtime yesterday.

jos kampes
    posted online message Posted - Friday, November 12, 2004 - 09:07 PM

Tried logging in, first time I got a message that the server had disconnected me,
    and to try in a few minutes. A few minutes later I get the message that the connection
    timed out. A connection nowadays often takes up to 10 minutes, so a timeout after
    less then 10 seconds sounds fishy.

jos kampes
    posted online message Posted - Friday, November 12, 2004 - 10:04 PM

That is an evening lost. As most players I work during the day, which means an evening
    lost is a day lost. I'll be expecting another day to be credited to my account.

CSR Ryson Stormbringer
    posted online message Posted - Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 11:00 AM

Hello, an issue causing log in problems to several players yesterday evening have been solved
    during the night.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Best regards.
    jos kampes
    posted online message Posted - Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 11:45 AM

"We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. " No reason, no explanation, nothing, not on the login page, the forum, or here... I'm
    a systems administrator, I know crashes, login problems, and rollbacks can occur.
    I also know if i would not give an explanation or a reason, the way you guys do I'd be
    out on my bum in the street with a huge red FIRED stamp on my head. 9 days to go for resubscription and you guys pull a stunt like this, while i was actually
    considering resubscribing. VERY disappointing.

I think they don't even have the face to post here any more.

Find me a single justification for all of this.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Starcuss

Bump!
    I want to see an explanation as well.

Seemed to be about a 30 min rollback...so i think we can guess it was DB problems, requiring a reboot to fix.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Quote Originally Posted by eollyn
    an issue causing log in problems to several players yesterday evening have been solved
    Affecting several players indeed. [:@] Nobody could log in during the ~8 hour screw-up.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

It's not a matter of rollback or server crash.

Besides just yesterday a colleague of mine has been almost fired because he wrote wrong _one_ field in 10 rows of a database and this is the quality standard I expect.

But the bad thing is the complete feeling of being absolutely alone and forgotten with the passing o 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 full hours. And still as of 12.15pm CET the main web page reports of the reboot of yesterday. No explanation, no excuse, nothing. All dead and desert like the spawns of the mobs.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well, as far as I can see there is a rollback.... The last time I logged in, before the downtime I was standing in front of the Feladan outward portal. I went to Kion, picked up my bow, and ported to Dalimont to hunt a bit of lapis lazuli golems. Killed some stuff on the way.

Friday eve i could not log in. Saterday morning i log in and am back, bowless, in front of the Feladan gate.

Slate

*bump*

Explination and credit wanted!!

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

I dont care dibly squat about those 8 hours worth of money, what i would like is someone from GN comming down to this forum and give a good long explanation.
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

People who (think they) are important dont have to explane things, it is the matter of the way we handle things now...
    CEO's can almost make companies go bankrupt and they still get a Massive big af cash when they leave afterwarts...

Nonetheless I agree with all people that because we are al paying for the honor to play this massively lagging, terribly bugged, constantly crashing game we do deserve an explanation for the terrible misconduct fromthoseresponsibleforthis these last few month...
    Before the merge it was bad, but now it is hell on earth(or Istaria)...
    And a surprise if one can even login either into the login page or the game itself...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Moking
    Seemed to be about a 30 min rollback...so i think we can guess it was DB problems, requiring a reboot to fix.
    Not really... I lost 2 lvs . 82 and 83 healer... you don't get those in 30 minutes.

I logged out at 20.00 GMT and had no rollback at all.

However thats not the point, the point is once again extended downtime with no explanations or notification of how this problem will be managed in the future.

I would like to add thank you GN for finally changing my lastname [:)]

Bleri McThrust
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Jaelle_earth

*bump*

Syrith_Ice

Bump as well

I like to be told reasons for things and living in the dark isn't nice

I too am adding my voice of support for some feedback from GN regarding the downtime. I'm not too fond of being left in the dark like this.

We need to know why the shard went down (I think most of us can guess what happened), but more importantly we need to know why it took so long to get it back online, and reassurances that we won't be left waiting so long should it happen again.

~tap tap tap~ ::a gentle sound of a finger tapping against glass is heard as he taps the screen:: Anyone in? We really want to know what happened friday. Considering 3 and a half days, I think an explanationcan be forthcoming soon?

The shard was not offline and that's why we haven't received any automatic warning (usually SMS messages) about it.

Some internal network problems werecausing frequent disconnections ofthe authentication server from the rest of the servers thus preventing anyone to get through it almost every time they tried to login.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Although it is late, i appriciate the explanation
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Thank you for the -indeed late- explanation Luca. I do have a question, are such messages not sent when cases are opened with support concerning login problems? Most systems offer filter possibilities, including autoforward to sms or pagers...

Thread Information