Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting for offical reason for unscheduled downtime yesterday.

Default Re: Waiting for offical reason for unscheduled downtime yesterday.

Thankyou for the answer Luca, I can appreciate from what you've posted the reason why it took a while to notice with automated monitoring. So far it seems like the internal network problems have been resolved [:)]

The game performed beutifully last night... [:D]

The fact that it coped with my (well.. Rakku's) irrational random crafting must have pushed the server to it's limit... [:P]

Spirit

Hehehe... [:D]
    Spirit... [A]
    Mind you dont become a true crafter... [:P][:P]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Maybe some frequent player should have that phone number too in case something simlair happens again 17:15 when ye left office?
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    The shard was not offline and that's why we haven't received any automatic warning (usually SMS messages) about it.

Some internal network problems werecausing frequent disconnections ofthe authentication server from the rest of the servers thus preventing anyone to get through it almost every time they tried to login.
    :eek: you say you're not having a check on that? Don't know what tool you are using, tivoli or sth else, but back in my IT-days (high-availability bank systems), that was one of the critical items always monitored. No use in having all processes running, if the servers are unable to communicate between themselves... [:S]
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Kamara

Quote Originally Posted by Dvergar
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Luca Mazzasogni wrote: The shard was not offline and that's why we haven't received any automatic warning (usually SMS messages) about it.

Some internal network problems werecausing frequent disconnections ofthe authentication server from the rest of the servers thus preventing anyone to get through it almost every time they tried to login.
    :eek: you say you're not having a check on that? Don't know what tool you are using, tivoli or sth else, but back in my IT-days (high-availability bank systems), that was one of the critical items always monitored. No use in having all processes running, if the servers are unable to communicate between themselves... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    I agree this is not good news, if one server is disconnected and people cant logon it is as good as the shard being totally down. Also how many actually work there now, looks like its only Luca and the cleaner are left. so when Luca is at lunch the cleaner comes and pulls out the network router plug to use the floor polisher, hence no one can logon on.

Lystiga

Dear Luca,

is that right, that such could happends again on weekendswithout you will be able to see ?
    is it right , that GN feel they were withouterror in this case, so they don't have to apology/excuse ?

I mean/thought that a server after merge on a weekend prime time with 30-80 ppl online should
    been discovered, that there must be something wrong with it. You must also have get many
    questions/warnings about it from the Support.

Lystiga

Nattsvart

vahrok, and other of you requesting an explanation about why the server was unaccessable for so long.... I justwant to remind you that Luca is italian and so is GN and in all honesty, there just simply sint such an exression as "Service minded like an Italian" is there? So you really shouldnt expect the kind of service and customer oriented attitude you yourself might think is natural. They havent shown it before, and they wont show it in the future. Oooh, not that I disagree in any way with the very justified cries for at least an explanation. But I don't expect one, knowing very well where the comany is located and adjusting my expactaions to suit reality.

Luca have, by now, informed why we couldnt log in and in a way also why it wasnt detected. But there is still no comment on why nothing at all was said about if for such a long time and that also shows a very large lack of knowledge of customer orientation. Someone more prone to lecturing people that I am would probably remind them that it is actually we, the payers of monthly fees, that provide them their paychecks. But I wont do that... it sould be a cheap-shot, wouldnt it? Also, the way things are developing, it seems likely that that fact will only be true for a limited time and then they will have to find another place to perform their modus of customer service.

If anyone in GN feel that they might actually have a need in the company to try to achieve a modern system of customer orinetation and support service attitude, I am available (although not cheap!!) for professional lectures, educations and consult assignment. No? Well, the offer still stands...

I thought that becouse we are talking 24 hour service which this game is that there also would be 24 hour monitoring, notice when support tickets come in or checking up server stability.

Sometimes i get the feeling you are playing cards over there looking at how long it takes to reply our tickets.

If things keep going on like this i would almost start thinking to move support to AE and cut out GN to safe some more money which then can be used to fund some more ppl at AE to develope some more game items of fix some more bugs

I won't elaborate more on GN's way of doing, as their entire country is slowly going under because of the general shoddy products, awful service, less than spiteful reliability, laughable seriousness etc (and SADLY I live there and see it going down day by day [:'(]).

But what I see is that the parent company probably made 1 + 1, has figured out that with 500 subscriptions (400 online people plus some like me with 2 accounts plus some non playing all days) the game barely maintains itself and _maybe_ a part time person (i.e. Luca does some things and in them fits looking at Horizons, Tris same etc.).

And notice how in the farewell section most are europeans.

I fear that the only X in the equation is when we'll close or be merged to NA.
    Unless GN proves or at least tell the contrary. Which they won't do.

However it'll end I say a big thank you to all my old and new shard mates who were / are really great and unique for a MMO. Thanks to them I'll won't feel like I wasted a year for a dead game as the human interaction made up for that.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    The shard was not offline and that's why we haven't received any automatic warning (usually SMS messages) about it.

kk and u wanna say u didnt learnd something from that and today it happend the same thing again???
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

wll vahrokh it wasnt always dead hehe, just some 60% of the time? :P

Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Thread Information