Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Paladin

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Paladin

Just one more. By the description of Healing Touch the Paladin is required to be close to the target, but perhaps a little more range wouldn't go astray. Having the Paladin leave battle to use it is not very effective. Also, if not already, have Aura of Light affect spell please (by its description it probably already does, though, just wasn't sure). Thanks for the already implemented changes :D
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

After some further thought I could do the following. Thoughts, comments?

Stand Against Darkness
    * Not-Masterable
    * 120 second recycle (down from 300)
    * Change "Stand Against Darkness" to be level 36
    * Add new ones at 66 and 96
    * I would boost damage by 25% with 1 BonusAttack
    * II by 40% with 1 BonusAttacks
    * III by 55% with 1 BonusAttacks

Aura of Light
    * Not-Masterable
    * Change "Aura of Light" to be level 38
    * I would have a duration of 25 seconds, boost damage by 10%
    * II would have a duration of 40 seconds, boost damage by 25%
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Stand Against Darkness
    * Not-Masterable

Aura of Light
    * Not-Masterable
    Any word on if any of these changes were made? I never understood why these coll-down timers were so long, it's not like they would imbalance the game, and there is no PvP for people to complain about.

Stand Against Darkness
    * Not-Masterable

Aura of Light
    * Not-Masterable
    what about access to rest of the healing line?

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    what about access to rest of the healing line?
    That would make Paladin too much like Healer, I'm afraid. But thanks for the suggestion.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Any word on if any of these changes were made? I never understood why these coll-down timers were so long, it's not like they would imbalance the game, and there is no PvP for people to complain about.

They were made, yes.

Any further feedback on Paladin now that all of these changes are in place?
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 3rd, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Any further feedback on Paladin now that all of these changes are in place?
    Life strike still needs some TLC.

Its Healing benefit is too small considering it doesn't always land. In its current form its just too weak to have real purpose. Considering that this is a cross class skill I would like to see either its healing ramped up and/or for it to always land. AND also have it deal a damage bonus comparable to Powerstrike.

If neither of these two options are viable how about unlinking its timers from the other combat abilities?

Life strike still needs some TLC.

Its Healing benefit is too small considering it doesn't always land. In its current form its just too weak to have real purpose. Considering that this is a cross class skill I would like to see either its healing ramped up and/or for it to always land. AND also have it deal a damage bonus comparable to Powerstrike.

If neither of these two options are viable how about unlinking its timers from the other combat abilities?
    One fix I just found is that it wasn't assigned to use the Life skill. That will help the to-hit and damage so I'll do that.

One fix I just found is that it wasn't assigned to use the Life skill. That will help the to-hit and damage so I'll do that.

OOh ok thanks might help explain why it seemed to miss so much :)

As mentioned by terrox and awdz on another thread.

How about a life bolt spell for life magic :) with all relevent techs?

As mentioned by terrox and awdz on another thread.

How about a life bolt spell for life magic :) with all relevent techs?
    Honestly something about a LIFE bolt just seems off. Plus, Paladin isn't a mage and bolts seem to me more arcane magic, not mystical. Paladins are typically melee fighters with heals/protection. Not offensive magic casters.

Honestly something about a LIFE bolt just seems off. Plus, Paladin isn't a mage and bolts seem to me more arcane magic, not mystical. Paladins are typically melee fighters with heals/protection. Not offensive magic casters.
    That's why I suggested it only affect undead, the anathema of life.

what about lightning bolt :P

Ok I have been doing extrensive practice with Paladin and come to some conclusions

If i use only warrior, Paladin and healer abilities (IE the two base classes + paladin) It is still very under powered this might be helped by the life bolt fix but i am not convinced. Against Undead it performs perhaps as well as a warrior/guardian (assuming both have either healer or cleric) but honestly not much better. Ok yes it does have Infusion but at 3% chance to trigger at 100 it hardly noticeable. And of course we have the aura of light and the Stand against darkness but the warriors have an almost identical ability to stand against darkness but works on all creatures INCLUDING undead.

If I add in all my spiritist/druid abilities then I close the gap on warrior but then I am comparing a rating 150ish to a level 110ish (assuming the warrior has cleric/healer)

But the problem more lies when you take us away from the Undead.. then we fall into the true area of mediocrity. Aura of light buff ceases to matter, Stand against darkness is pointless. The changes that have been made are very much a great step but i wonder if theres a chance of either a further boost to undead hunting abilities so that we truely stand out when facing undead or preferably a general boost too all basic paladin attacks...
    perhaps either access to Powerstrike (life strike fix might solve that need)
    access to higher levels of smash,
    improve blessing of life to procing every 20sec or 2% (won't improve the dps output but will improve survivability)
    access to whirlwind 2?
    and allow stand against darkness to work against more than just undead (perhaps any creature that uses blight (if thats even possible)

I will make some improvements to Stand Against Darkness, Aura of Light and Infusion. Also going to play with Interpose.

• "Stand Against Darkness" now works versus Undead, Constructs and Animates.
    • "Aura of Light" now gives a bonus versus damage from Undead to the Paladin
    • "Interpose" now has a recycle rate of 30 seconds and a range of 20 meters
    • Interpose's debuff is now known as "Distracted" and has a duration of 20 seconds.
    • "Infusion" now has a 25% (up from 3%) of applying its double-damage versus undead.
    • "Blessing of Life" now heals 5% of maximum health every 30 seconds.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 18th, 2014 at 08:06 PM.

All the rest sounds good, but does this mean when active, Paladins will receive more damage from undead? If so, that sounds rather counter intuitive... Doesn't really sound like something a Paladin would suffer from?

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    All the rest sounds good, but does this mean when active, Paladins will receive more damage from undead? If so, that sounds rather counter intuitive... Doesn't really sound like something a Paladin would suffer from?
    No, its the wording that is confusing. It means when active the Paladin will take less damage from undead.

No, its the wording that is confusing. It means when active the Paladin will take less damage from undead.
    Excellent! Pardon my confusion ;)
    Looking forward to running around Satyr islands as Paladin again :D

I will make some improvements to Stand Against Darkness, Aura of Light and Infusion. Also going to play with Interpose.

• "Stand Against Darkness" now works versus Undead, Constructs and Animates.
    • "Interpose" now has a recycle rate of 30 seconds and a range of 20 meters
    • Interpose's debuff is now known as "Distracted" and has a duration of 20 seconds.
    • "Infusion" now has a 25% (up from 3%) of applying its double-damage versus undead.
    • "Blessing of Life" now heals 5% of maximum health every 30 seconds.
    fantastic... I will play around and see how this works :)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Did these changes make it to Delta 259-261? I don't have a Paladin to look. Mainly asking because I didn't see them on the patch notes. Was wondering if the notes was forgotten or if these changes are for the next one? Thanks!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information