152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helian

67 44.08%
  • Lunus

85 55.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helian and Lunus ratio

Default Re: Helian and Lunus ratio

well actualy it hase differense in mechanics, so only RP-reason to be Helian now.
    but realy surprise, and good, that number almost equal

Quote Originally Posted by Farelle View Post
    i guess its quite balanced because those factions are both actually interesting helian is more the magic, scientific and tend to like bipeds, lunus are more dark, but traditional and more into adventuring than crafting, both sides have their advantages, but even if their style is different, they are both nice factions and as far as I can see it now, they dont do MUCH of a difference at the end^^ so you dont get bad feeling about choosing the wrong one^^
    I actually do get a bad feeling - cause I tend to see the lunus items/rewards more useful and appealing than the helian ones - yet i tend to like bipeds and i'm not as dark and harsh as the lunus.
    So in the end being a helian looks more and more as a punishment and feels like a bad choice

I think that the helian/lunus should schism should stop at lore and philosophy and it should not favor a fighting style or weapon choice - by weapon i mean melee / casting
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I prefer Helian to Lunus, simply because I'm more bi-ped friendly. Well, that and even though the idea of dragons being more melee-focused is appealing, I see them more as spellcasters. The only major pain is that crafting gets rather tedious after a while.

It's so close.

In personnel taste I prefer Helian to Lunus, to be friend bipeds and assist them.
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

I usually go with Lunus because I'm lazy about crafting most of the time. I have a lunus ancient and a hatchie who will be lunus when she ascends, but I also have one hatchie who will be helian. I also have a hatchie who will never ascend, and I'm not really sure if he would be lunus or helian.

Exterminator Alphiner Shanlisle is An Ancient Lunus dragon and my main dragon that I love, I know that the Lunus factor dis-likes all the Bipeds and that but shouldn't it be on what the actual player prefers, as my dragon Alphiner is based on all of my personalities here in real life, as I accept all of the bipeds for who they are and to what race they are but not what the factor says about them, that the Lunus are a race of dragons that Don't like bipeds. There's no judging of any race. I'm just one of those people/dragons.

I found it easier in my own opinion that being lunus you had the option of being a crafter or not, As I'm Ancient now I got that out of the way and i'm now onto getting my craft and LS up to lvl's 100. Not like those Lunus Ancients where they Ascend to Ancient and then there done and just sit around on there scaly butts and do nothing, Sorry If I offended anyone there, but I see that as a sign of Laziness..
    Rawr!???

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphiner View Post
    I found it easier in my own opinion that being lunus you had the option of being a crafter or not, As I'm Ancient now I got that out of the way and i'm now onto getting my craft and LS up to lvl's 100. Not like those Lunus Ancients where they Ascend to Ancient and then there done and just sit around on there scaly butts and do nothing, Sorry If I offended anyone there, but I see that as a sign of Laziness..
    You're right for most new characters these days, but I actually have a pretty funny story to why Racktor is Lunus.

My friends Starailia and Calixte originally planned on doing a triple-ascension as Helians together. I can't remember why we didn't end up doing this, but that's not related. So anyways, I got Racktor up to level 30 and then brought his crafting up to 40. I went through the Rites at 35/40. I happily trudged up to Semeneth, got the Helian quest, then completly scared myself. I saw the mentions of the original quest bunch saying I need a rubies, emeralds, and diamonds. I - being a noob - thought that those meant that I had to have level 100 crafting! So I ended up taking the Lunus rights. I learned later you only needed 40, regretted it for a while, but got over it since Lunus is better for Racktor's TnC style. He RPs as Helian though. ;P

Another funny thing is that it took me 2 characters to bother to get to lvl 50 for the rites (first lvl 50 ascent was Sayaria), then another character to finally get another character to 40 crafting for the Helian rights. XD Now I have 2 characters with 40 craft waiting to be Helian.

*pushes the train back on the rails*

Anywho...
    As an update to my older post, I now have 3 lunus ancients, 1 helian ancient, 1-helian-to-be hatchling, and 1-lunus-to-be hatchling. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    You're right for most new characters these days, but I actually have a pretty funny story to why Racktor is Lunus.

My friends Starailia and Calixte originally planned on doing a triple-ascension as Helians together. I can't remember why we didn't end up doing this, but that's not related. So anyways, I got Racktor up to level 30 and then brought his crafting up to 40. I went through the Rites at 35/40. I happily trudged up to Semeneth, got the Helian quest, then completly scared myself. I saw the mentions of the original quest bunch saying I need a rubies, emeralds, and diamonds. I - being a noob - thought that those meant that I had to have level 100 crafting! So I ended up taking the Lunus rights. I learned later you only needed 40, regretted it for a while, but got over it since Lunus is better for Racktor's TnC style. He RPs as Helian though. ;P

Another funny thing is that it took me 2 characters to bother to get to lvl 50 for the rites (first lvl 50 ascent was Sayaria), then another character to finally get another character to 40 crafting for the Helian rights. XD Now I have 2 characters with 40 craft waiting to be Helian.

I've always been pro-Helian, just for the depth of the storyline and lore of the Helian. To me, I think most Lunus are just there to 'be adult' and the refusal to work a bit harder on crafting. No offense to anyone.

As an update, I have 18 Helian, 1 Lunus (and I still count the hatchie that refuses to ascend as Helian)

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Lair - Scorpion Bay (South of landing pad)

I took the lunus right of passage several years ago

because dragons naturally are melee and we make poor spell casters compared to bipeds, so i played to a dragons strengths and became lunus, but i share none of the political views that the Lunus in Dralk have. i work hard on my craft,

rating craft atm 111 cant wait for crystalshaping to come out!

And i love and have many biped friends.

yet i love to go hunting, i love to see that lvl 118 fyakkis health go from 100% - 0 with 1 Gold Rage hit :P

so you tell me, what am i?

also i have 6 lunus and 1 heilan
    Last edited by Brusinger; May 12th, 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: adding info

Blog Entries

yeah i know i watched ivyleaf go through the helian rop lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brusinger View Post
    I took the lunus right of passage several years ago

because dragons naturally are melee and we make poor spell casters compared to bipeds, so i played to a dragons strengths and became lunus, but i share none of the political views that the Lunus in Dralk have. i work hard on my craft,

rating craft atm 111 cant wait for crystalshaping to come out!

And i love and have many biped friends.

yet i love to go hunting, i love to see that lvl 118 fyakkis health go from 100% - 0 with 1 Gold Rage hit :P

so you tell me, what am i?

also i have 6 lunus and 1 heilan
    helian does not mean spellcaster, nor does lunus mean melee hehe.
    i would call that helian - for beliving in what the helain do.

Lunus all the way! >
    ~ Nesia - Dragoness of Order ~

Lunus. First and only dragon. He is supplemental to my biped. The end!
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    helian does not mean spellcaster, nor does lunus mean melee hehe.
    i would call that helian - for beliving in what the helain do.
    Indeed
    And let's not forget that the Drain Bolt trainer is a Lunus (sic!)
    While the Gold Rage trainer is a Helian (sic! too)

Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Haven't decided yet on Helian v. Lunus, or Spell-caster v. Melee Monster v. Hybrid....my RL personality would lean more towards Helian, which would probably make Lunus more interesting to role-play....as someone mentioned, Dragons seem to be more melee oriented....probably will end up with a Helian with Lunus tendencies, who's a good close-in fighter but can cast spells....lol....

Just because I wanted to update this...

20 Helian, well, technically, 19... but I count Ritarathi as Helian anyhow, were she to ever ascend. Definitely pro-Helian here.

1 Lunus.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

3 Helian adults
    1 adult who is neither
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

5x Ancient Lunus Dragons,
    3x Adult Lunus Dragons,
    3x Hatchie Lunus.

1x Ancient Helian Dragon,
    3x Adult Helian Dragons,
    1x Hatchie Helian.

1 Ancient Lunus (Kroch)
    1 Adult Lunus (Snowflaake)
    1 Hatchy (Kungfuhatchy)
    1 Adult Helian (KorsAir) which was my first, woops! Only did Helian because I heard the quest was harder despite everyone saying go Lunus.
    Korchak Strongbone <--Stubborn.

Korchak my main Bi-Ped as he is the strongest of them all, and Kroch is my backup slayer!!! Beast!!!

Thread Information