Thread: A question about masterable skills

Default A question about masterable skills

I have tried looking around the internet and forums and can not find the answer so I hope someone can answer me here.

I am tring to find out if the skill is masterable and you take two classes that can use it to level 100 do you get the lower or higher version of it?

For example Multistrike is on both the warrior and reavers list.
    If I have Both jobs at 100 would I have multistrike 2 from lvl 50 or sence I have 200 levels total on a skill due to both jobs having it would I have multistrike 4?

Thanks in advance for helping answer this question.

Default Re: A question about masterable skills

It looks at current level, not rating or combined levels. It's useable in another class @ 2x the level at which the ability was earned.

So if you have a masterable skill that you learned @ level 50, it's useable in a level 100 class.

If there are 2 classes (which you've taken) that BOTH gain that ability, it masters at 2x the earliest level you gained that ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Everything Creme has said is correct generally... so you normally have to be twice the level you received an ability to be able to use it in another school (assuming it is masterable, since there are quite a few abilities which cannot be mastered). However, in the example given, Multistrike between Reaver and Warrior, since they both get this ability, you will always be able to use the highest one you have learnt in either school.

For example, you learn Multistrike II at lvl 50 in either Warrior or Reaver, so if you were lvl 50 Warrior, but lvl 40 Reaver, you would still be able to use Multistrike II as Reaver, even though you technically haven't learnt it from Reaver yet. If you were to switch to a school which doesn't get Multistrike, you would only have access to Multistrike I, since you get that at lvl 24 but you would have mastered it at lvl 48 (twice the lvl you received it).

I hope that makes sense....
    Best of luck, see you in Istaria!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Everything Creme has said is correct generally... so you normally have to be twice the level you received an ability to be able to use it in another school (assuming it is masterable, since there are quite a few abilities which cannot be mastered). However, in the example given, Multistrike between Reaver and Warrior, since they both get this ability, you will always be able to use the highest one you have learnt in either school.

I hope that makes sense....
    Best of luck, see you in Istaria!
    Well, almost everything anyway hehe ... To give you another example, my dwarf took warrior to 100, gaining the multistrike IV ability. When he switched to monk, he had multistrike IV available at a really low level . I think the first time I even looked at his abilities usable in monk mode was around level 20....

Quote Originally Posted by Khalon View Post
    Well, almost everything anyway hehe ... To give you another example, my dwarf took warrior to 100, gaining the multistrike IV ability. When he switched to monk, he had multistrike IV available at a really low level .

That follows on from my example Since Reaver and Warrior (and Monk) each get Multistrike, you will be allowed to use the highest version you have learnt regardless of level, no 'mastering' required.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information