Thread: Lair Trouble

Default Lair Trouble

I just bought a new lair recently I keep having trouble fitting certain structures on one side of the plot. The structures I want to put there look like they should be able to fit, but it keeps giving the message "Skipping Locator because planned structure would extend through the terrain above." Is this something that can be fixed or will I have to build around it?

Default Re: Lair Trouble

you'll have to replan and build around
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

What level of your lair are you having trouble on?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

and where is it so I can put it on the warning list?

When you asked about it last night, I didn't realize that you were getting the terrain error message. You may have to try to place the hall on level 1 or even level 2 to get the roof of the chamber to go below ground level.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Oh. Yeah, halls don't usually go on the first level. I've only seen a hall go on level 0 once. This is pretty common, but it is why they give us level "0" as a freebie

Quote Originally Posted by Draeconis View Post
    When you asked about it last night, I didn't realize that you were getting the terrain error message. You may have to try to place the hall on level 1 or even level 2 to get the roof of the chamber to go below ground level.
    I moved lairs so its a different one and the hall isn't going on the first floor, it was t3 silos that i was trying to put in. I cant fit any silos, not even t1, in the top part of the plot box, it seems that only corridors/spirals and t4 library will fit there. This is on Lv0, not sure if it carries down to the lower levels or not just yet. Its at Bayn Hill, at around 21925 / 23080, near that skulk village.

Right, as Shian points out, lvl 0 is a freebie. Depending on how convoluted the terrain above is, not a lot will fit there.

You're more likely to be able to fit a hall or some other tall chamber on the 0th level of a lair that has plenty of flat land above it.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information