Thread: Finding Maple Saplings

Default Finding Maple Saplings

This is a rant and this is a suggestion, so I put it in general

I'm on the quest Dragons Reach VI, Sticky Saplings and I have to kill 20 Maple Saplings.
    Killing them isn't the problem but finding them is driving me nuts.

I've been running around now for hours, encountering numerous Maple Treants, Enraged Maple Treants and Massive Maple Treants (and having to kill some of them cause the attack me) but only a handfull of Saplings.

The numbers are totally out of balance.

This wouldn't be such a problem if killing Treants would count too (chanching the quest in killing saplings or bigger) but Treants don't count.

So please, either get more Saplings in or let normal Treants count too!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: Finding Maple Saplings

From the Delta 209 notes

Abandoned Shore now only houses standard Maple Treants, but has a greater number of Large and Massive Maple Trees.
    Stormy March now only has Maple Treant Saplings and no longer has any Massive Maple Trees.
    Redrew the Maple Tree/Treant spawns nearest the Northern Dalimond Ridge and along Desert Shore.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25173
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Pending Blight Delta 209 coming to live, there are plenty of maple treant saplings to the west of the road between Morning Light and Delgarath.

Knossos

Thanks to both, although the morninglight delgarath option is perhaps a bit too dangerous for little me.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

I think the player town Aiya, across the bridge from Morning Light, is a free port and easy access to the forest just below ML.

Just keep an eye open... every once in a while a Celery likes to sit at the ML end of the bridge. Not that often, but is a nuisance.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Glad to see some of these ridiculous "MUST be X mob" quests are being cleaned up and/or the spawns being made more sensible.

I remember the older days when I was leveling my dragon when a quest called for, if I recall correctly, a certain type of snow or ice beetle, I forget which, and I wound up killing 20+ for every 1 quest mob.

Nice to see some of that stuff is getting taken care of.

Keep up the good work!

I feel your pain Sigi. I recently got done with those quests on my Helian, and a 2nd helping of that questline didn't taste much better than the 1st . I think "specific mob" quests are a little easier if you kill everything that moves-- right or wrong, it feels like the mob you're looking for shows up more as the number that need to respawn increases....

Quote Originally Posted by Khalon View Post
    I feel your pain Sigi. I recently got done with those quests on my Helian, and a 2nd helping of that questline didn't taste much better than the 1st . I think "specific mob" quests are a little easier if you kill everything that moves-- right or wrong, it feels like the mob you're looking for shows up more as the number that need to respawn increases....

yes and at least you keep yourself busy while searching

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Thread Information