Thread: Fatal Error? >.>

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Default Fatal Error? >.>

I keep trying to make a new swirly scaly hatch, aaand I keep getting a "Fatal Error" thing. Using new patcher, of course. Old patcher just says i cant create new character on Order.
    Also Sigvard got the same problem~

Any clue what that is?

Also not sure if that's in the right sections >.> <.<

~Cey

Default Re: Fatal Error? >.>

Can you create new characters on servers other than Order? At what point exactly does the error occur?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Ayus! 'Tis happening here, too.

It allows you to select "New Character on Order" and press play. It successfully gets through the splash screen before crashing immediately afterwards- before Istaria loads itself.

This error pops up:

It does the same for both Chaos and Order.
    (Haven't tried Blight yet- have too poor a connection to download the latest patch!)

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Just to rule it out, everyone getting the error has free character slots to use, right?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Just to rule it out, everyone getting the error has free character slots to use, right?
    Ya. I deleted some old toons myself, got account payed twice too for now since a few days ago so my 9 chars didnt even go to the limit~
    More, I made a char just before trying this one. So I'm not sure whassat about~

Ayep! Have one slot free! Even made a character a few days ago without issue. Not too sure what's causing the error- a full scan didn't fix anything.

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)

This error comes up now when you do not have enough character slots on your account compared to subscriptions.

We're working on getting a better error message which explains that because obviously this one doesn't provide that information at all.

If you believe that you should have enough character slots on your account to create a new character, please submit a support ticket from the account you are attempting to create a new character on. As always, we can not discuss account related information on the forums, but via support we can look at your account and let you know what we see.

You can also always log in to play.istaria.com (which still works for managing characters and viewing subscription services). At the bottom of that page on the right you'll see "Account Services" that tells you how many character slots you have, and above it lists all characters on your account.

D'aaaah! Wasn't sure whether the error meant it was something serious- thanks for the clarification!

The odd thing is that it worked two days ago and I've neither created/deleted characters since then. Enjoy playing with the creator a little too much!

Unless Blight characters suddenly count towards your character total- will pop a ticket over.

Characters on Blight do count toward your character slots, yes. It has been this way for quite some time, actually.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Characters on Blight do count toward your character slots, yes. It has been this way for quite some time, actually.
    Sort of random off-topic question, but do copies on blight count? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    If so, seems a potential deterrent to player interest in participating in testing.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    They do count, my understanding of the reasoning behind including them was that there were a number of individuals that had 20+ copies of the same character sitting on blight and it was causing issues with genesis/blight.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information