Thread: Ranger quests

Default Ranger quests

In case your wondering I already posted this in the quests forum, 0 replies, thought I'd take a chance here, tho it seems not many people actually read or post here.

Before the merge therewas only one ranger trainer, in Dalimond, and you got all kill tasks from there. Since the merge there seem to be more. A low level in Kion, a lvl 60 in Feladan (possibly others). The lower offers me no quests at lvl 74 (too high?). The lvl 60 tells me to get some more experience. The Ranger Captain offers me an obsure quest, which seems to involve going to Tazoon.

I don't like the trophy quests, I much preferred to go kill a set number of mobs. Now I kills tons of the mob but get few drops.

Exploring and questing are my favourite persuits, just can't spend hours grind/camping the same mobs for exp. Exploring is cack now, since I've been everywhere already, (I'm re-mapping) and far too many areas are completely empty. And questing seems to be almost non existant. If someone can point out some interesting quests for a lvl 74, especially ranger specific, I'd be grateful.

Glocaug

Default Re: Ranger quests

"Many adventurer trainers do not give out quests at this time. This is not a bug, but a design choice. Our goal is to create and add story-related quests to the schools that have more meaning and are more than the kill tasks the trainers gave out before.

That is why the KNoC trainer isn't giving you any quests, because he has none to give at this time.

- Amon "

Hope this explains some... its from Amon Gwareth

Ganja

The NEW istaria, sucks. I LOVED how the spawns were before. Now, spawns are in certain spots, leaving 80% of Istaria unoccupied by anything. ALL THIS FREAKIN SPACE FOR NOTHING.

OoOOoOo So we have more plots now, so what. I could really care less about a plot, that sits there, with very little personal gain.

I enjoyed running through Istaria so much finding new spawns, and monsters that I havnt seen before. Now you cant do that. Spawns are set to a certain area, so if you want that mob, you have to go to that spawn. Gets old FAST.

My random rambbling isnt gonna help anything, but all I ahve to say is the game was much more enjoyable before the merge.

Not exactly sure what you are saying here Ganja, but spawns were always in certain areas, they have just moved about. If you wanted pygmies you went here, if you wanted wolves you went there, mummies over there. They didn't just wander anywhere they wanted to. We are missing lots of the old creatures but I'm sure they will add them back in as time goes on.

Before this new system of spawning the mobs were there whether adventurers were there or not. Now it waits for adventurers before the spawns happen. This can cause a problem where someone runs through what is really a spawning ground, but doesn't know, so they don't stay around long enough for the spawning to happen. I find that to be a fairly significant problem, because there could be spawn areas that nobody knows about because they just have never been in the area long enough for a spawn to happen

Ganja

I was just rambling on. Was tryin to say, I liked how the spawns were set up. With most towns, the farther you got from town, the higher the lvl got.

Now, there set to a certain spot. In some spots youcould run through Istaria for a short 20 minutes and find 1 mob. I dont think mobs should be in ONE spot. Sure, some mobs have multiple spawns, but lots of them dont. Just sayin it gets old going back to the same spot to hunt a Winter Gruok.

But hey, your constent bitching about things witht he game will get us no where. AE dont care what we think.

they usually ignore the adventuring side of things.

look at the patch notes, most if not all are about crafting and dragons.

it's alright, they be throwing us a bone, call Blighted Equiptment, which you still need crafters for, andwill decay.

"Many adventurer trainers do not give out quests at this time. This is not a bug, but a design choice. Our goal is to create and add story-related quests to the schools that have more meaning and are more than the kill tasks the trainers gave out before.

That is why the KNoC trainer isn't giving you any quests, because he has none to give at this time.

- Amon "

Hope this explains some... its from Amon Gwareth

I, ofcourse, approve of this, I'd much rather earn my next ability through a quest than just receive it, or perhaps get a quest to signifigantly improve it, but a couple of things disapoint me.

This kind of content should have been released and tested during beta. It is not even in the game yet, a year after live release. I am level 74, 3 quarters of the way to max level as a ranger, by the time quest stuff arrives it will be way to late for me to enjoy developing my class through story related quests.
    With the slimmed down dev team JUST how long will it be before the quests arrive? Had this stuff been in at release perhaps many players would not have left, the game would have prospered, and the dev team could have grown, not diminished, and even more quest content could have been put in, and maybe an expansion.

Ofcourse I want real quests, story lines, involvement and character development. But why remove the only class quests I did have in the meanwhile? Two and a half months and counting, with no news, that I know of, (please correct me if wrong and point me to the right thread) giving even a teaser of the new quests. The old quests were not much, but they were something.

Now, as a ranger, if I decide to log in and just adventure I can do what, exactly? I can explore, which I do, and LOTS of nothing everywhere. I can grind loads of exp solo or grouped. WOOT! 2 options.

If I had not chosen to craft as well I would have quit a long time ago. I levelled armorer, to make my own gear, and help my guild. I levelled jeweller for the same reason and spellcrafter. In each of these classes there was the challenge of levelling, getting the formulas I needed, and then the techs, and then the trophies, or finding out where to get them.

I have also levelled in some construction schools. I had the tasks of levelling, and making stat gear to help my craft classes. I will have the tasks of building too, and I can join my guild in these events, and see results, not just more exp.

There a lots of craft goals to achieve as a guild, what about for adventuring?
    Bah! rant off, just can't be bothered anymore.

I am waiting for WoW. Class and race development quests, and hunters can have pets, so I hear.

Glocaug

They started to redo the adventure quests around the time that the sever merge took place...

Thread Information