Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring RP back to NT!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Lightbulb Bring RP back to NT!

Hey all!

After watching the role-play chat, dropping by NT, remembering the olden days, and talking to a friend or two about it, I came to a conclusion: NT has been stripped off it's in-person RP hotspot-ness!

I remember back when I started out, NT was an RP center where everyone would come for RP and to help the new ones - whether they were still in NT, or lvl 100/100/100's|rating 278's! It was what hooked me into Istaria at first, the warm greeting of quite the few people just chilling around and generally having fun.

These days, NT is filled with new players (as you'd expect)... but only new players. I have not seen RP there in ages! I believe more then just I miss it. However, if we want it back, we need to do something.

If you guys want RP in NT, we gotta bring it back. Anyone who likes in-person RP should go there again, maybe wait a few minutes, see if someone else turns up.. maybe start an RP with one of the new ones, I'm sure RP'ers join... it's a role play shard for fudge's sake! Any OOC'ers.. well, we can just tell them to use brackets, or take it to private.. and if they don't? Just act what they're saying is IC. It's a Roleplay shard, as I said before.. it's more fair then they'd see it probably.

A few good players have quit due to the lack of in-person RP as well.. maybe we can rekindle their pilot lights and bring the in-person RP back at least in NT, and with it, bring them back!

Who's with me?

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Default Re: Bring RP back to NT!

I'm so agreeing!

In-person RP is what I prefer, personnally. I still RP in channels sometimes, yes, but there you don't see others, cannot use emotes, etc. You have an avatar and emotes, should use it for RP too, no?

Only 6 months ago there was more RP in New Trismus, double that for 1 year ago, and so on. It's so empty of the roleplayers now... which is a total shame for Order Role-Playing shard!
    Everyone... don't let some people get to you!
    If some new players are godmoding, well that is when your ignore and/or block list becomes useful, after warnings!
    If they keep OOCing you after knowing they should use brackets or private chats/tells... well then take everything they say as IC! It's. A. RP. Shard! This OOCing should not stop us to RP no?

Now, we should not always wait on others to do something, like Racktor said we need to do our part as well. Hey, new player doesn't mean they all don't know how to RP! When I was "new" I knew how to RP and did!
    And us being there in NT we can help them too, RP with them, this warmer welcome also increases our chances of having more players on the shard.

Like Racktor said again, maybe it could bring back some very good roleplayers the shard lost because of lack of in-person RP!

Gogogo!
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Though new players joining Order and entering NT aren't always aware of what is roleplay, all of them need to be welcomed friendly, and the rules and other things explained to them. I second this idea, we'd just have to expect some new players to not be aware of this yet and to not get things wrong with them.

When they don't know, better not only to tell them what they'd do, but also why, when, where, how,...

I second that!
    I sometimes sit in NT on one form or another, and RP but there hasn`t been much lately. :P
    I think mainly because of the hours I`m actualy able to play. most people are either at work/school, or in bed by the time I log in. can`t realy log in during the day cuz of work or my Mom pulling me away all the time.
    But when I AM on I enjoy a good RP, only times I`m not in NT are when I`m busy hunting, crafting, or helping another player XD
    But I try

Tend to sit in NT most evenings whilst doodling and, while there's sometimes roleplay there, it's primarily OOC-chatter between new players and even older ones- without a pair of double brackets in sight! Prefer in-person roleplay myself (desperately struggling to get the hang of channel-based roleplay) and will happily peep around 'Trismus in an attempt to help with the situation.

Feel free to poke in-character!

(Also trying to do a sketch-blog of all my character's encounters and roleplay during crafting. The only problem is that I simply can't draw the people I meet in channels- I've no idea what they look like!)

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

I roleplay in local channel sometimes. Don't hesitate to ask me if you want to do that, I'll come if I can.

Glad to see people agree. ^^ I hope to see you guys around.

And also, I never knew what RP was when I joined the RP shard. I now know it and love it just because of the wonderful people who introduced me to it. ^^

I'll go plop my fatty in NT and doodle on my binders. xP

Edit: Derp, or not, Order's down. xD When it comes back up then

i miss thos days as well the story time in nt .. ancents aldults and hacling in a curcle telling stroys i rember them well from back then . and a few assensons there as well. ^^

i go there at times just resting and rping a little if any other players comes by . helping if thay need it ^^
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Rping sorta stopped in NT after so many new players seem to just refuse to have respect for the RP rules. It got more frustrating than fun....with people running around with chat speak and actually emoting humping people. Understandably, to escape those with so little respect, most of the serious rpers left NT.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

When I tried explaining new players the rules and things about the shard and RP, most of them took it well and mutual respect worked, things went fine. I think the chance to get things fine are greater if they are greeted, welcomed, and if we explain the things we ask them to do.

Whenever i'm on, i AM in New trismus, and engage in roleplay everyonce in awhile. but if you ever wanna see if im on, just go peek in the tavern and i should just be sitting at a table in there while im rping/chatting in a channel, talking localy, or just am keeping the game running while i read XD just remember, as long as im not rping in a channel, i usualy wont mind rping local. unless im playing on my Xbox at the same time. then i tend to be to distracted to rp. and to whoever said not a bracket in sight, not fair, i ALWAYS speak with brackets when not IC.........then again, i really dont say much......so it's all fair :P
    Cory
    ------------------------
    Coleraon Pesong, Warrior of Order

"Daddy, I got blighted while you were away!"
    "Daddy, I got blighted again!"
    "Daddy, my adoptive brother slit my throat and let me bleed out last night!"
    "Daddy, two hatchlings drowned me in the pond!"
    "Daddy, this scary black adult tortured me for three hours with everyone just watching!"
    "Daddy, two hatchlings tried to kidnap and murder me but I impaled them with ice spikes!"
    "Daddy, this one hatchling tried to climb on my back and do... weird things to me!"
    "Daddy, last night there was a werewolf here and tore everyone to shreds!"
    "Daddy, this one naka tried to suck out my soul!"
    "Daddy, this one ancient eats people alive!" (*cough* >>)

Ah, good old NT RP, we certainly need that back to welcome new players...

*sarcasm meter explodes*

It's changed since then~ I don't think anyone's going to even welcome that kind of RP.. well, at least the people I know~

I still like to pop back over to NT, and enjoy it when I find someone there who's interested in a bit of RP...even as simple a thing as a casual conversation, in-character, adds to the experience.

And, as much as I enjoy conversing with my Dragon brethren (and, sisteren! ), it's also a lot of fun, especially for this Helian hatchling, to do some RP with other races...since we are all supposed to be united in our war against the Withered Aegis, it's nice to know a bit about our allies, methinks.

Also good to find out which gnomes love being tossed, and which ones will savage my ankles....
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

I would like to see more RP in NT, it might bring me back to the game to RP more often as live RP is quite enjoyable! However, the reason why I havn't been around too often to do such is because of the disrespect coming from most of the new players.

I am very nice when I tell new players the rules, it is when they decide to go off and get upset about someone politely relaying the rules that it gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    "Daddy, I got blighted while you were away!"
    "Daddy, I got blighted again!"
    "Daddy, my adoptive brother slit my throat and let me bleed out last night!"
    "Daddy, two hatchlings drowned me in the pond!"
    "Daddy, this scary black adult tortured me for three hours with everyone just watching!"
    "Daddy, two hatchlings tried to kidnap and murder me but I impaled them with ice spikes!"
    "Daddy, this one hatchling tried to climb on my back and do... weird things to me!"
    "Daddy, last night there was a werewolf here and tore everyone to shreds!"
    "Daddy, this one naka tried to suck out my soul!"
    "Daddy, this one ancient eats people alive!" (*cough* >>)

Ah, good old NT RP, we certainly need that back to welcome new players...

*sarcasm meter explodes*
    And you're one to talk with the RP's that you have started in the middle of New Trismus. Think about what you're going to say before you say it. Maybe next time you won't lose someones respect.

Nice to see Morphaz holding RPs out to use as mockery. Very classy and charming.

*sarcasm meter explodes*

:|

Addendum: Morphaz, if you've got a bone to pick with stars, you handle it through me now. Is that clear son? I won't tolerate you treating him like crap through attempted subtlety.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Now now, let's not devolve into attacks and jabs at other people hm? We've seen enough of that.

But back on topic, I haven't been on Istaria for several months now on a consistent basis so I can't really say what the RP is like on there now. But RP in New Tris has always been on and off from what I've seen; it goes and comes back like the RP everywhere else in Istaria. There's periods when people refuse to RP there at all and there are periods when people RP there all the time. Just gotta go with the flow I say.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Stars, my post was not in any way meant as an attack on you and I'm sorry if it sounded that way. It is merely a collection of disturbing events that were most memorable to me, most of these are from the time shortly after Sssasha ninja adopted half a dozen hatchlings and appointed me father out of the blue.

It IS absolutely frustrating, let alone depressing, to log in after each night just to find that half the family has been killed, tortured, corrupted, or in whatever other way hurt while you couldn't be online to interfer.

I know I have made my fair share of mistakes, but never at the expense of others, and I never turned NT into an orgy den or slaughterhouse.

As long as the new players are properly greeted and welcomed, as well as respected as players like others, most of them, from my own experience, don't reply in bad ways and behave nicely. After that, the chances for them to adopt without issues the rules is, I think, to tell them not only what are the rules but also why these rules are there, where they come from.

I usually ask, in local, tell or in other channels:
    "hello"
    "are you a new player?"
    "feel free to ask if you need help"

Then, if needed:
    "please use brackets or signs to show you aren't roleplaying in a RP channel or when other RP nearby in local channel, this way there won't be confusion between IC and OoC talk"

Most of these interactions went well for me, in local channel or in others, NT's area included.

On a second part, I think it is better, when an issue between people occurs, to take distance with it, and time to understand every side; to try and mediate between them and find a solution to make things get better, rather than jump in seconds on one of the sides to blame, attack, without listening or trying to solve the issue.

I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions so quickly and I said things I didn't mean. I was having a bad night and that just made it worse so I reacted the way I did. But yes, I don't like seeing those RP's around any longer. In fact, I generally ignore them in their entirety.

On the topic at hand:
    More often than anything that happens these days is just people disrespecting older role-players that are giving simple advice.

I do greet them, I am very polite, and I help when needed. However, this is a -rare- case that all those steps are followed through with without the new player just going off and ignoring whatever I or someone else said or, they get upset about it. Like I said, this is a rare case that they do listen, and when they do, it goes over really well and they end up becoming very good role-players down the line.

These are the primary issues public, face-to-face RP, in New Trismus hasn't been going on with me. I gave up on trying because of how much people disrespected me and several others for doing exactly what I said above.

Thread Information