Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September 2011 Content Update

Default Re: September 2011 Content Update

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    My apologies, I was mixed up. I did not get the dolphin banner either, just the swordfish one.
    What a mean holdout that wife is, after I made up all those extra dyes and spools for the NT connie even!
    It seems it was then forgot to be put in somewhere, then we need to wait till the next patch.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Miscellaneous
    • Archbishop Tomas Agua at the Cleric's Tower is concerned about the Tomb of Helian. This quest series consists of 7 quests and is a continuation of the Plundered Tombs quest series on the Dalimond Peninsula. To begin it you must have completed the Ashlander's Tomb portion of the Plundered Tombs quests and be a Dragon.
    *sighs* What is the point of preventing bipeds from doing this quest? You have dragons entering and destroying things in the biped tombs, why are bipeds excluded from finishing the quest line in Helian's tomb? Is it somehow required for a dragon rite-of-passage transformation that bipeds cannot achieve?

If you're looking to reserve some quests for subscribing customers only, why not make that part of the quest requirement?
    Last edited by awdz; September 11th, 2011 at 07:38 PM.

Just a note, and thought the best place to put it would be here...

While playing this weekend I saw many newer players asking how one can obtain the formula for the items to make racial banners. And much mis-information being given as an answer.

The beginner level formulas are available on the Carpenter and Weaver trainers. So someone does not have to go to Nature Tower and earn tokens in order to get the formula for making the new racial banners. They can obtain the beginner formulas and should be able to use those instead.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *sighs* What is the point of preventing bipeds from doing this quest? You have dragons entering and destroying things in the biped tombs, why are bipeds excluded from finishing the quest line in Helian's tomb? Is it somehow required for a dragon rite-of-passage transformation that bipeds cannot achieve?

If you're looking to reserve some quests for subscribing customers only, why not make that part of the quest requirement?
    Dragons are picky about who they let into their tombs. Humans and other bipeds aren't. That is why its restricted. Now, I do have plans this fall to create a way for Dragons to "grant" attunement to the tomb if they choose to do so for a biped, but that won't allow for the quests to be completed. Those are Dragon only.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Just a note, and thought the best place to put it would be here...

While playing this weekend I saw many newer players asking how one can obtain the formula for the items to make racial banners. And much mis-information being given as an answer.

The beginner level formulas are available on the Carpenter and Weaver trainers. So someone does not have to go to Nature Tower and earn tokens in order to get the formula for making the new racial banners. They can obtain the beginner formulas and should be able to use those instead.
    The Racial Banner I placed required Oak and Cotton - Beginner forms are cedar and elm, flax and kenaf. The Journeyman Banner Flag form is sold by the Weaver Trainer at Kirasanct, but problem is with the Journeyman Banner Staff form being available only at the Nature Tower.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; September 12th, 2011 at 01:25 PM.

All of the racial banner flags take tier 3 materials to build. I built 8 of them last week. Cotton banner flags, granite blocks and oak banner staffs. I had to purchase the journeyman banner staff formula from the nature tower to make the staffs for the flags.

All the racial lair murals also take tier 3 materials to build.

The swordfish, dolphin and gone fishing banners and murals require tier 1 and tier 2 materials.

Thaalia of Order
    Last edited by Holth; September 12th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Please accept my apology... I meant the new event banners/murals.

You are, of course, correct that the racial ones take T3 materials, and for those the formulas will be the Journeyman ones and come from Nature Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Dragons are picky about who they let into their tombs. Humans and other bipeds aren't. That is why its restricted. Now, I do have plans this fall to create a way for Dragons to "grant" attunement to the tomb if they choose to do so for a biped, but that won't allow for the quests to be completed. Those are Dragon only.
    Is this going to be another case where Lunus characters can not attune their friends to the place like the Lost Colony, or have the Lunus elders gotten over themselves? And for that matter, is that ever going to change?
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Please accept my apology... I meant the new event banners/murals.

You are, of course, correct that the racial ones take T3 materials, and for those the formulas will be the Journeyman ones and come from Nature Tower.
    I am now highly confused - but only cuz I am a dragon.

(anyone can answer these who knows btw, just not Valea lol)

Are the lair-versions for the racial banners in yet?? Or just the biped-plot versions?

If the lair versions are in - where do I get the beginner forms for those? Are the JMan ones also off the Nature Tower??

((I am assuming the lair versions of the Festival-Event stuff are gotten from theh same NPCs as the plot versions)).

FYI!! I Saw on a new blight patch (listed on the blight forums) that the Commissioner out at the Festival is suppose to have a quest being added. Perhap that is what is missing for the dolphin mural??

Keeping that in mind (quest being added once the new blight patch goes live) - how long is the festival suppose to stay around for?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Blight patch went live today, Frith.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    The Bhal'kuk Chieftain Molar Tech Comp has been reidentified as being of interest only to Nadia, as patch notes state; however, the item creation screen for applying Technique Spell: Accuracy V, and the Technique itself, still call for the molars.

Knossos
    This missed the 13 Sept 2011 live patch. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I am now highly confused - but only cuz I am a dragon.

Are the lair-versions for the racial banners in yet?? Or just the biped-plot versions?

If the lair versions are in - where do I get the beginner forms for those? Are the JMan ones also off the Nature Tower??

Yes Frith, the racial murals are in game on the live shards. They take tier 3 materials to build that use the standard journeyman lairshaping formulas. No new forms are required to make the murals.

The festival event murals (dolphin, swordfish and gone fishing) take tier 1 materials and standard beginner lairshaping formulas. They also require a pattern obtained from quests at the event to build.

The plot racial banners take banner flags and banner staffs which are also used to make items like the banner of the volcano. Those formulas have always been obtainable from the nature tower. When plot banners were initially introduced, there was a quest in Kion that gave out the formulas for the beginner flag and staff which was all the original ones required.

These new racial banners take tier 3 materials to build, so require the journeyman flag and staff formulas to make. This is why folks have to go to the nature tower and use nature tokens to get the formulas; they are not given out with the quests nor are they on standard crafting trainers.

Hope this helps!

Thaalia of Order

Yes it did!!

Being an only dragon - the biped plot banner stuff wasn't necessary for me (but for clarification sake that I am sure is helpful for someone so thank you!).

But ok, the lair murals for the racials are in the buildy window with no new formula to get - thank you! Thats what I wanted to check, in case I was totally missing the boat..lol.

And the event oriented ones I figured took the quests, so good to be sure on that .

And Amoonnn you never clarified on how long the event was live...lol (when you said the new patch went live today..)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I have from a credible source (one of many who is rebuilding the Stone Walkways) that the Small Corner piece does not match the width of the piece(s) it joins. The regular Corner piece and all other pieces of stone walkway construction are fine.

Knossos
    I am attaching a screenshot of the Stone Walkway Small Corner piece alignment problem (the corner is a bit wider than the adjoining piece). The screenshot was requested during Frosthide's visit to Order Shard Marketplace chat last night.

Knossos
    Attached Images Attached Images

seems that "gone fishing" mural can`t be placed.
    I forgot what it says- but we tried several times.

Anyone experiencing the same?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm having the same problem with the gone fishing mural. I have 7 expansion slots for murals and it won't attach to any of them.

Message I get is:
    Planned structure (Lair Mural Gone Fishing) has no available expansion openings to attach to. Removing the structure.

Today is the first time I have tried to place this mural.

Have to say I love the new stop spinning button!!

Wirenth of Order

I am attaching a screenshot of the Stone Walkway Small Corner piece alignment problem (the corner is a bit wider than the adjoining piece). The screenshot was requested during Frosthide's visit to Order Shard Marketplace chat last night.

Knossos
    Thank you Knossos. I will see if I can get this to match up a bit better based on what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    I'm having the same problem with the gone fishing mural. I have 7 expansion slots for murals and it won't attach to any of them.

Message I get is:
    Planned structure (Lair Mural Gone Fishing) has no available expansion openings to attach to. Removing the structure.
    It is a known bug for now, unfortunately. I am working on getting it resolved.
    Last edited by Frosthide; September 15th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Kudos to the dev team! I'm enjoying the events and absolutely love all the new plot items.

*grabs bag of marshmallows and goes to sit on hammock in front of firepit*
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Delite View Post
    Kudos to the dev team! I'm enjoying the events and absolutely love all the new plot items.

*supplies chocolate and cookies to make smores with the marshmallows*
    1000% agree, thank you devs!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Delite View Post

Welcome. Have fun.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Thread Information