Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spikes? :D

Default Re: Spikes? :D

Hey Rack,i wonder which mod for white teeth and white claws youre using because the one I have still shows that exact head in its own colors (for example this green dragon would have green horns) ? all other heads work correct.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

I use Solitaire's - http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-modification

Cobal's used to have problems with colors still being present on the horns sometimes, especially on that head, so you may be using that... but I'm not sure. You may just be missing a file

Thanks a lot,Ill try it

EDIT: It fixed the problem with two-horn head,thanks!
    Last edited by Tilithia; February 3rd, 2015 at 08:21 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

"There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

these are my mods i use. www.tinyurl.com/IstarianMods theres a HQ texture load in and a mouth and teeth claws coloring in there. is there anyway someone wil update this mod pack thanks ^^
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

The link wont work Art :/ also I wanted to see if I could modify something like that myself but I have no idea of how to edit those AGH files and convert them back. Any guide how to do so? Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0ypshiw19...Spikes.7z?dl=0

I'm hoping this link stay alive a bit longer.
    Last edited by Artermus; April 26th, 2015 at 02:06 AM.
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

I was looking at this a couple of days ago, disappointed couldn't grab it at that time (due to broken link). But thanks for a new link. I've grabbed it and changed it to a .zip file from .7z . So now another link to grab it at: http://istariareference.com/mirror/M..._Artermus).zip . I don't want this to be un-downloadable again
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I was looking at this a couple of days ago, disappointed couldn't grab it at that time (due to broken link). But thanks for a new link. I've grabbed it and changed it to a .zip file from .7z . So now another link to grab it at: http://istariareference.com/mirror/M..._Artermus).zip . I don't want this to be un-downloadable again
    Sorry to say, but you might have uploaded the wrong file, I downloaded it and it turns the back spikes into fur, so I think you uploaded the fuzzy back mode, or it's a bug

Quote Originally Posted by Nazderan View Post
    Sorry to say, but you might have uploaded the wrong file, I downloaded it and it turns the back spikes into fur, so I think you uploaded the fuzzy back mode, or it's a bug
    I just downloaded it again, from the dropbox link, couple posts back. Did a file compare, its the same.

Here's what I see when I add it to game without no other mods installed. This is the copy off istaria reference:

Last edited by Cegaiel; July 6th, 2015 at 03:32 AM.

Bez názvu.jpg

This is what it looks for me

Oh that's cool... will definitely have to give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by Nazderan View Post
    This is what it looks for me
    Hmm, that's odd. I wonder if it has to do with how you setup dragon on character creation screen (ie which model you chose). Are you sure you might not have another mod that might be conflicting with it? If you do have some other mods installed that affect the dragon look, perhaps you could try to disable them all and only try this one mod and see how that goes.

Easiest way would be to rename resources_override to something like resources_overrideold , then create another resources_override folder and only install that one mod. To undo the test, just delete the new resources_override and rename resourced_overrideold back to resources_override.

If that test still doesn't work, then can you send a pic of how your dragon looks like without the mod, I'm curious.

I've just re-uploaded my last pic, you might need to hit refresh to see it. But it shows how I looked before mod (bottom) and after (top).

Well, I tried to clean some other mods that might be conflicting, In the end I can see the whiteish spikes, but it keeps being like fur or something between instead of being fins, and I have no other mods beside named poop, icons and player lair mod. And I doubt any of those has somthing to do with dragon texture.

You'd be surprised how mods designed for an older version of the game can cause unexpected glitches. I only had 2 mods active (MapPack and Unfinished Lair), but a few months ago was crashing every time I was rezed. Someone asked if I had the lair mod, and when I removed it, no more rez crashes. That's why you should try doing what Cegaiel said and removing ALL mods, then installing just the Spikes mod to see if there's an issue. If there's no issue, add the other mods back in 1-by-1 to figure out which is causing the conflict.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Well, I figured out what was going on, I had the mouth and claw mod, and the spikes come already with it, just a tiny bit different one, maybe an newer or older version, so, I removed the mod I had, and let the spikes, which also gives me the horns, claws and that.

So its fixed now. Looks good so far

I've just removed some files from this mod I have on file. It includes some files (which included a mix n match of some files of a very old version of Firebrand's Sound mod) as well as overrides emote files.

I've noticed from some support tickets over time (why don't my emote sounds work correctly?). It's been traced down to folks who have this mod installed.

So just to clarify, those who have this mod installed, should replace with my updated .zip. Those who are considering installing this mod in future, use this replaced .zip file instead of something you might find on other sites.

---------
    Those who have this mod already installed. You really need to just delete the entire mod (like Better Spike folder that appears in resources_override folder). Simply replacing your mod with my files won't help. My mod is mostly deleting files that shouldn't be there in the first place.
    ---------

This keeps the original mod intact, but strips away the files that will conflict in current or future files now or in future thats included in vanilla install of the game.

Download: http://istariareference.com/mirror/M..._Artermus).zip

I'm neutral on mods. I know they exist, but when I see issues like this, i try to be proactive on eliminating future issues and provide updates. For the record, VI nor I support player mods, but this is one of those issues that needs addressed.

If you see a link to this mod on other fan sites, please suggest to the administrator to link to the new update (or download my fix and replace their copy).
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 9th, 2017 at 05:04 AM.

Thread Information