Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rune of Teleportation gone!?

Exclamation Rune of Teleportation gone!?

I really don't get the removal of the rune. Was not bugged. Still preferred it when you tported back into the RIFF not outsite. In my humble opinion closing the gap to the edge of the world to stop the cheat would have been a lot simpler then redirecting the tport. But that's another story.
    1st the removal of 2 of the rewards, then the money (why did that ever happen anyway?) now the rune... there is little left in the AROP for the helper or those that will be doing the AROP.
    By adding all those tports to get back in the RIFF (bind place, Central Hub if not close to a main city tport, Dralk, fly to the cave, tport in) seems to be a little ridiculous. Mostly when you are in a hurry to get back and help in the fight. Not the mention the added lag of all those tports.
    Yes, I know we can bind to Dralk, but we all know how many times we forget to do just that, I do all the time.
    It can be difficult at times to find a good number of Ancients to make the group it may make it even more difficult in the future. Many may just not bother helping or worst completing the AROP beyond getting the Resurrection Skill.
    Could the Ancients disappear if the rewards keep disappearing?
    Image, puzzled

Default Re: Rune of Teleportation gone!?

Pls devs- give us the rune back- its said in other threads too.

I do not like the changes of AROP at all- said this before-
    but rune and money- well was kind of reward for those who helped-

and as Image says: It was saving precious time, when sitting in a hole or dead.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

The money is a great loss. Fought Elial the other day to help out and not a single coin. He was worth helping out for because he dropped 40s a player.

Now no longer. Not only that, but be dropped chroma and two crystals to split with the 7 of us. Chroma! Can you think of anything more useless to a dragon?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I greatly agree to both of these points. I don't understand why either of these were removed at all

what? the runes were removed?! D:< sorry devs but i'm upset by this. sure yeah coins were nice we get y u took em away but y all of a sudden take the runes away? now u'r just gonna make a lot more frustrated players.

with out runes its gonna make ppl who have limited help just not want to finish the rift run to ancient. how bout ya'll re think u'r actions and place the rune back in game?
    Last edited by Velea; September 12th, 2011 at 02:02 AM.

I agree with this 100% so basically what the new 'Soon to be ancients' have to do, is bind themselves to dralk, fly to the Elders cave, through the tport, find their way through the rift, kill each Guardian, then either RUN back the way they came hoping to god they dont get lost or fall off so that they dont have to recall back to dralk and build up their already deadly lag that exists on the chaos shard as it is.. plus the helpers have to wait even longer for this process. Making it harder? this has just made is a complete waste of time, i dont think people will want to either help out that much or others who are ready for AROP will want to go through the strain of a rez and a flame attack.. Make the quests worth the players time! The Rune has been part of the ARoP SINCE day 1 of the quests comming live! I know i aint going to bother getting another dragons butt to grow bigger for that.. Heres a thought, maybe give the players that exist on an ACTIVE Shard the benefit of the doubt that they actually give a ****.. ask them what they want, BOTH biped and Dragon alike..
    Last edited by Kaiit; September 12th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

May the power and wisdom of Drulkar lead us all on the path to victory against the Withered Aegis...

WHAT!!! Why in Istaria would they take our rune away? That`s like a smack in the face telling us hey! don`t bother going ancient you may get bigger, but there`s NO REWARDS!
    Sure coin is helpful, but the rune helps so much more! >.>

This makes about as much sense as attuning half the items in Istaria! Quit catering to your personal disfunctions devs and start catering to what matters...us! You know, the paying customers...

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Chroma! Can you think of anything more useless to a dragon?
    If I recall correctly chromas aren't even very useful to bipeds anymore as you can craft colored weapons now, meaning the only use for chromas are to color already crafted weapons. This of course making it even more useless to a Dragon. xD
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

We hear you and we'll be making a couple changes for an upcoming patch:

1) We're adding a bind point just inside the Gate of Embers.

2) Currently the Guardians in the Rift are classified as Elementals and that is why their loot isn't any good. We're going to reclassify them as Semi-Intelligents which will give them more drops and dramatically open up their loot tables to other items.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    If I recall correctly chromas aren't even very useful to bipeds anymore as you can craft colored weapons now, meaning the only use for chromas are to color already crafted weapons. This of course making it even more useless to a Dragon. xD
    Weapon and Tool Dye kits do just that - Dye Weapons and Tools post creation, allowing colored tools and changes in either weapon or tool color.

Thus, Chromas are not entirely useless for Bipeds.

Knossos

I recall that while doing the rift run we all had to use the Rune of Teleportation so that we ended up back at the teleporter pad because that was easier and faster then having to walk that maze again.

So in order to adres cheaters (like the people who always use the Abandoned Island portal because it is free of charge) the rune is removed while this decission not only spoiles the efficient running of the Rift Mobs, but also gives the idea that none of the players can be trusted.

Is it not possible to hurt only the cheaters, automatic bannishment from game when the cheat is used?
    That would be a lot more fun.

Exploit using is a serious offence in many if not all online games.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

What's the exploit you get with a RoT? =\

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Weapon and Tool Dye kits do just that - Dye Weapons and Tools post creation, allowing colored tools and changes in either weapon or tool color.

Thus, Chromas are not entirely useless for Bipeds.

Knossos
    Yes but it used to be that you were required to have a weapon and tool dye kit to change the color of your weapon as you couldn't craft a colored weapon. Hence chromas being much more useless for bipeds now than they used to be.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We hear you and we'll be making a couple changes for an upcoming patch:

1) We're adding a bind point just inside the Gate of Embers.

2) Currently the Guardians in the Rift are classified as Elementals and that is why their loot isn't any good. We're going to reclassify them as Semi-Intelligents which will give them more drops and dramatically open up their loot tables to other items.

So with addressing this bind point. 1. wont that make it easier for people to still 'cheat with the whole edge of the world thing that was the issue in the first place?' and 2. if you create a 'bind point' in the rift, how are dragons going to 'exit' the rift. recalling will do nothing to get us back down to 'earth' unless you plan to use that spell that replaced our Rune of Tport, which would basically do the same job as the rune itself..

I dont see the point in this new change to arop, why not just leave it alone, and give us back the rune of Tport..i hardly see dragons complaining about anything on here, the only time we do is when we have something taken away which more seems to be the case.

Another thing with the binding if that is what the devs plan to do, will this be another glitchy process aswell? the same as Helians Tomb on chaos?

May the power and wisdom of Drulkar lead us all on the path to victory against the Withered Aegis...

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    What's the exploit you get with a RoT? =\
    That is what I'd like to know too.

Why remove it in the 1st place anyway? What's the real reason?
    Why mess with something that was working fine, didn't cause any cheat that I can think of or bugs.
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiit View Post
    Another thing with the binding if that is what the devs plan to do, will this be another glitchy process aswell? the same as Helians Tomb on chaos?
    Actually, let me clarify. I said "Gate of Embers" which is the chamber in which the Dragon Council stands. We're adding a bind point in that chamber, not the actual Rift itself.

As far as Helian's Tomb, this is a bug with the clutter that we have tracked down and are in the process of fixing.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    That is what I'd like to know too.

Why remove it in the 1st place anyway? What's the real reason?
    Why mess with something that was working fine, didn't cause any cheat that I can think of or bugs.
    I don't get it.
    Me neither.. I say the RoT was a good addition and made a lot of sense with the lore in the questline too, with the Spirit Form and all.

Forgetting to bind at the new bind point near Gate of Embers before entering the Rift will a very grumpy Dragon make...

Knossos

i tend to forget binding to areas A LOT, and ik i'm not the only one. it does make more sense changing the statues of the guardians so they give more dragon appropriate drops, thank you for that, how ever i to am curious as to how RoT is an exploit? i use it for when i want to go to the Rift or for when i want to go to the Lairshaping Trainer. what other benefit of the doubt is that? other then saving me, and others, a minute or so of flying from Dralk?

Thread Information