Thread: New Player Cpl Questions

Smile New Player Cpl Questions

High everyone,
    Hopefully there is a community still here playing. I am downloading the 14 day trial and going to create a dragon character. I enjoy crafting so thinking this might be fun.

So is there anything I should know before i mess something up?

What server should i select not sure how many servers there are to select from.

Any old guild want a new player to take under there wing who might ask alot of questions

Thanks for any information you guys can provide.

PS. Im 38 year old family man so no childish games come with me And no clue if there are even raids here but have been old school raider as well.

Oh P.S.S What is the difference between Hatchling, adult and ancient? and what lvls are each?

Thanks again ok ill stop now really

Default Re: New Player Cpl Questions

There are three servers: Chaos, Order, and Blight. Chaos is the general server and has the highest population. Order is the role-playing server; the population here is lower than Chaos. Blight is the test server and has a very small population.

The difference between the different ages of dragon is basically what they look like, whether or not they can fly and how fast, and what abilities are available to them. Hatchlings cannot fly, only glide, and ancients fly faster than adults. Ancients are of course the most powerful, but you can still play a hatchling at high levels if you wanted to.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Welcome OneJedi. I believe that most of the questions that you are asking can be answered "I just made a dragon Help".

But a quick summary. Adventure schools follow a preset path so everyone gets the same abilities as they level through the school (eg at level 2 all dragons get silver strike 1. Silver strike 2 comes at lvl 12). So as far as making mistakes is concerned you should not worry about it as there are no points that you can put into your abilities to make them stronger. There is, however, skill points that you can spend that increase your Health, strength, power, tooth and claw, etc. But you can change where you spend them so again not too much to worry about there (only where to spend them).

Difference between hatch and adult. The biggest one is flying. You get some more health and other things too (like a bigger body). Difference between adult and ancient. Bigger body again and more health. Faster flying speed. there are also abilities that unlock (via quests) for adult and ancient dragons. Ancient dragons have the best run of it though.

As for servers. Well Chaos has more population but no role play. Order has a smaller population but has role play. So up to you in your style of play. Also depending on you time zone. If you have a time zone, like me, that makes you play while most of the USA sleeps then it might be an idea to go chaos. Also Blight is the test server. Population is very small.

Gotta run. Work calls.
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Thanks for the information.

Guess i will role on chaos so how do you become adult and ancient?

Hello, and welcome on Istaria. To ascend into adult, you have to train and get enough levels, then start a questline. Better to start it at adventure level 50 at least, but you can start at 30 minimum. Though, then, you'll not be able to fight or craft, as this also requires a good level. Getting the chronicler's scales at level 50 is also a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Onejediknight View Post
    Thanks for the information.

Guess i will role on chaos so how do you become adult and ancient?
    The Rite of Passage to become an adult is an epic quest that you can take starting at level 30 adventure / 20 craft (although it's strongly recommended that you go for level 50 ADV and 30 craft as a minimum). There is no play time requirement - you can start it as soon as you meet the minimum level requirements.

The Ancient Rite of Passage to become an ancient is a second epic quest. This quest has been recently changed, so I'm not sure on all the requirements - but I know that there used to be a 100-day minimum character age. There are also a number of quests you have to have completed before you will be given the ARoP quest.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Thread Information