Thread: In a shop just outside of Sslanis

Default In a shop just outside of Sslanis

Sslanis. Fortress home of the Sslik. Though the city itself had been built to hold a vast number of Sslik, it was already nearly full. Homes and shops had gone up outside the walls, mostly mammals uncomfortable with living directly amongst their reptilian allies. However, a good portion of the new buildings were solid Sslik buildings, large structures made of solid stone.

One such facility had recently been constructed, with a large internal blacksmithing shop included in the plans. Already a plume of smoke crept into the sky like a constant beacon. An orange Sslik stood in front, calling to passersby and pointing at the sign that stood above the door. "Ssilmath's fine armor, for scaled and mammal alike."

Inside the main building was a large and comfortably furnished room. Armor of all shapes and sizes stood on displays, from half giant sized full plate to dryad sized ringmail. A counter stood in front of the far wall, several suits of Sslik armor on display as well as a collection of weapons. Standing behind the counter is a large Sslik, blue and black scaled and with an impressive mohawk of white feathers.

"Gud deh. How kin Zzilmath be helbin diz wun?"

Trying to get some RP going that isn't in a public channel and can get a bit of a regular plotline going. The only rules are that proper grammer is to be used, as well as correct spelling. Accents don't count, obviously. And most of all, come by to hang out and have some fun, open RP.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Default Re: In a shop just outside of Sslanis

Huh, since it seems I can't edit my post...

Channel name is Sslanis Armorshop.

(( Yeaaa RP with Ssil again . I try to come in once a week now so I will be adding this name to add the room when I login again !!))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

(Interesting idea, but keep in mind that some players may not have a good english grammar and spelling, if they haven't it as native language.)

A language barrier is fully understandable LungTien. What is not is laziness. It just brings down the enjoyment of the RP tremendously when people don't bother to use proper punctuation, spelling or basic grammer. I don't expect perfection, just would like to see effort.

As an aside, the armorshop has had the front wall knocked out in respect to any of the mighty scaled cousins who decide to come calling. In addition, a balcony has been added to the roof and stairs up the outside so that conversations may be had with said scale cousions without forcing them to drop their heads to the ground.

I just wanted to be sure you know there is a middle between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath View Post
    As an aside, the armorshop has had the front wall knocked out in respect to any of the mighty scaled cousins who decide to come calling. In addition, a balcony has been added to the roof and stairs up the outside so that conversations may be had with said scale cousions without forcing them to drop their heads to the ground.
    ((*cackles* Awwww, but now I won't have excuses to torment Thicklesip with its khutit form!

Keep it up! Thickle ought to be sending its dryad with the iron any day now....))

In fact I'd love to come visiting once or so... I'm also usually in the official RP channel. But as non native speaker, I'm really a bit inhibited by the language barrier... especially if people begin to use some racial dialect, like the Sslisk one, I really have a hard time understanding what you are talking about. Don't get me wrong, I think the dialect thing is really nice and I have much fun reading that.. I envy you for being able to write in that like fluently...

After understanding what people are talking about, I still have to come up with something of myself, which is even harder then... often I give up, because I can't find the right words in that foreign language.

I think I'll have a look into that channel some time in the very recent future, if that is still existent. But don't be offended, if I'm just sitting there and reading, not talking.

Anyway I really like the ongoing efforts to get some RP in the game. I really like that.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I don't know english very well neither, not having it as native language... but I use windowed mode and launch a translator like Google's for help. You might want to give it a try.

Thread Information