Thread: Connection Speeds

Default Connection Speeds

Any idea what speeds are acceptable to decently play the game now? Thinking about coming back...is a 768k DSL connection enough? Good enough for crafting? What about adventuring, solo or in group, huge pulls etc.?

Also, what about bandwidth usage? On average using about 2-3 GB of a 10GB/month limit...is that 7-8gb remainder enough for say...2-4 hours a day play time?

Any input would be appreciated and help me make a decision.

Thanks,

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Connection Speeds

I have a 1M up-down DSL and it is good for anything solo up to groups of 10.
    From time to time I do get net lag from something down the line but its great for the most part.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    I have a 1M up-down DSL and it is good for anything solo up to groups of 10.
    From time to time I do get net lag from something down the line but its great for the most part.
    Thank you, glad someone replied (hint-hint Dev's )

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

when the game came out long time ago, i played on dial up for a good year or 2. dial up was fine it was just the patches that to for ever

Istaria is reliably playable even on GPRS because it's network backend was programmed with 56k in mind.
    At most, Istaria eats 16kbyte/s (usually during teleport, otherwise 4 to 5kbyte/s are normal) max.

To add: I play Istaria on a ADSL 768k/128k at my parents'.
    Also, i once tried Istaria via 3G in a public train heh. It worked well, but i'd recommend using a VPN to do so because Istaria seems to be route sensitive.

Thread Information