Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

- Provide more information on the map and add more details (resource areas, buildings, npc's)
    - Fix the broken search option on the map
    - Remove shared cooldowns on abilities
    - Remove hoard related abilities
    - Make combat more fluid and improve the response time on actions, emotes
    - Develop the dialogue screens, quest log and chat screens (rather then having a simple box with black background) add more details
    - Make your quest progress appear on screen for easy tracking
    - Some abilities need a proper description on their tooltip (like dragon intution ?)
    - Add a mandatory montly fee, I'll be happy to pay to give you lads the resources needed to improve the game.

Default Re: Suggestions

ok i see where your going with some of this stuff but as a player i have to disagree strongly with some of the things you have suggested here is why:

remove hoard related abilities? big no thank you leave them as is, hoard drops frequently now more then ever if you know where to hunt so no need to mess with a good system, if it ain't broke dont fix it.

combat is pretty fluid i think other then the occasional lag spike, this isn't a turn based game so i dont know where you got the need for more fluidness..

adding more details to some screens just add fluff in my opinion and unwanted clutter causing a increase in lag spikes if one doesn't have all that powerful of a computer,

again increased clutter in one's hud not a good thing and contributes to one's lag this isnt WoW and is pretty straight forward in terms of where to go if one just reads one's quest log when you open it and read the chat that is given to you when you talk to an npc.

mandatory monthly fee? have it already there is also a nice little free to play option for those who are just starting out and dont want to pay till they know what they are doing in the game. for the amount of people working on this game at VI i think they are doing an alright job, its not so much resources required which they do require a bit but at the same time there is only so much a small group can do.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

- Provide more information on the map and add more details (resource areas, buildings, npc's)
    I know its not built in - but there is a player provided mappack here in the forums that will give you all this informaiton and more. There is a reason you can put any and all types of markers on your own map. Because its optional. I don't know if there are any plans to *force* this stuff onto the map because of the lag problem the larger map file creates for many.

But I've used the mappack for years and I couldn't play well without it - LOVE IT cuz I like knowing exactly where everything is without having to search for it all piece by piece .

Um, not sure why yours is broken. Mine works fine (with and without the mappack installed). Not sure what you are trying to search for or how you may be doing it so that its broken for you.
    [/quote]

Not gonna happen - they are there for a reason (though I will agree sometimes the reason appears vague, nonexistant, or stupid..I hate a few of them too.). However, if you feel a particular ability SPECIFICALLY needs to be off a shared cooldown please be SPECIFIC in that suggestion cuz it might convince them otherwise! But I do know that some abilities are on shared cooldown to keep certain classes or class combinations from being overpowered.

Also probably not going to happen. This is a relatively "new" feature in the game and was put in along with hoarde dropping. TRUST ME its BETTER than the old way!! (yea no abilities used hoard, but they were rare drops and most dragons spent hours upon countless hours craft grinding to get their hoard level sup). This is also used to help counteract some of the "more powerful" dragon abilities.

I know they were testing something that was going to help with the fluidity of combat due to stuff being greyed out/stuck back awhile ago - not sure if that went live or not.

As for response times on actions and emotes - you need to be specific what you are talking about so everyone else knows what you are experiencing (because yes, the game can be lag-free or extremely laggy depending on many variables...)

- Develop the dialogue screens, quest log and chat screens (rather then having a simple box with black background) add more details
    Um, sure? Not sure what you mean specifically other than wanting them to be prettier and fancier? And what that would add to the game other than some flavor (not that I am against flavor but...things take time to develop)

That would be awesome, I agree. At the very least, make it so that my quests don't auto-open everytime I do something so I have to go through 20+ quests and minimize all their stuff again just so I can have the 2-3 I'm working on fit on the minimized box.

- Some abilities need a proper description on their tooltip (like dragon intution ?)
    Absolutely. Again specifics are very helpful (which ones you find confusing besides Dragon Intuition).

- Add a mandatory montly fee, I'll be happy to pay to give you lads the resources needed to improve the game.
    Already in game if you play anything besies a human without a plot Want to pay - pay to play your human (you totally can). There is a standard monthly fee, same as other games. If you don't care about the other races and don't care to have a plot - well you can play for free or you can get a monthly sub anyway cuz you want to support the game!

The free-human-only thing is really our version of a extended free trial to get more blood in to play. Again another relatively "new" feature that I really think helps more than hurts - as it gets people trying the game longer than say a week.

But please - come back with specifics and greater detail because suggestions are always good and if you can give specifics and more detail than the devs can look into things easier (and possibly give you an answer!)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

again increased clutter in one's hud not a good thing and contributes to one's lag this isnt WoW and is pretty straight forward in terms of where to go if one just reads one's quest log when you open it and read the chat that is given to you when you talk to an npc.
    And I sorry but I disagree with this. A quest log doesn't "WoW" up anything, please don't make that knee jerk reaction. It is also normally (in every other game I'm aware of that I've ever played since Istaria..) a turn on/turn off little transparent one sentence that says "collect 5 bearhides from Bob" and then a little timer.

So it woudln't clutter up the HUD if you didn't want it to, as you could turn it off.

But its a huge quality of life improvement that is just one of those things that really "dates" the game. Because as I pointed out, I can't even leave my quest box open centered around a single quest I"m on (and minimized) without it constantly reopening every other quest and therefore shiftin garound what I'm trying to follow.

Plus it doesn't really help with "navigation" and "Finding" things to begin with - this doesn't include some highlights on a map. Its just a tracker that you can go "Hey I want to focus on THIS quest right now" and puts the details (name, area, counter, etc.). Doesn't touch the map, doesn't make the game easy-mode. Just helps.

I wish something would help with navigation - I still can't figure out most of the quests I didn't pick up in the last week because many of them still don't give locations and details in the summaries. Very frustrating (cuz I got quest years old but I have to come ot he forums and ask a question to figure out what the heck it was originally wanting me to do and where to go..lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by brokengame View Post
    While I find the chosen name for this forum curious I will try to respond...
    - The default map is pretty bad true... Has the Dalimond map even be redone after the Re-Vamp?
    - It has been done for the Dragon's Breath attacks while I am not sure why, Could be an idea for the biped classes as well.
    - Removing hoard related abilities I am not sure why you ask this. Removing Gold Rage, Silver Strike, Drain Strike, Breath of Lightning, Ice, Acid, Flame Burst, Dragons Fear, Dragon's Rebirth and probably some that I forgot at the moment would leave dragons with effectively NO dps anymore what so ever. Considering that Tail Whip, Ravage, Bite and Galewind do practicly no DPS due to the long cooldown timer that they are on.
    - The combat is as it is supposed to be. While in Khutit combat is BS, but Amon already stated that this will not change.
    - The dialogue screens are a bit simple made, but it does effectively give all the information that you want and most of the time need. While I would like to see it improved, would rather see other things improved.
    - Your Quest progress can be kept onscreen for easy tracking as long as you keep your Quest window open, The Quest List window can be customized to remove the borders and made transparant so you can place it on the side of the screen
    - Proper descriptions never bothered me, most dragon abilities are clear for me what they do... If I do not need it then it is not important.
    - A Mandatory Monthly Fee... You can use Human only F2P. You can purchase multiple Basic or Gifted accounts if you wish to give the devs more resources. For 1 month or more. Myself I currently run with 3 Gifted on 1 Login E-mail adres.

All in all you have some good suggestions although I did get the "disgruntled player" feeling from you "remove hoard abilities" suggestion.
    Last edited by Dragonboy; October 14th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    And I sorry but I disagree with this. A quest log doesn't "WoW" up anything, please don't make that knee jerk reaction. It is also normally (in every other game I'm aware of that I've ever played since Istaria..) a turn on/turn off little transparent one sentence that says "collect 5 bearhides from Bob" and then a little timer.

So it woudln't clutter up the HUD if you didn't want it to, as you could turn it off.

But its a huge quality of life improvement that is just one of those things that really "dates" the game. Because as I pointed out, I can't even leave my quest box open centered around a single quest I"m on (and minimized) without it constantly reopening every other quest and therefore shiftin garound what I'm trying to follow.

Plus it doesn't really help with "navigation" and "Finding" things to begin with - this doesn't include some highlights on a map. Its just a tracker that you can go "Hey I want to focus on THIS quest right now" and puts the details (name, area, counter, etc.). Doesn't touch the map, doesn't make the game easy-mode. Just helps.

I wish something would help with navigation - I still can't figure out most of the quests I didn't pick up in the last week because many of them still don't give locations and details in the summaries. Very frustrating (cuz I got quest years old but I have to come ot he forums and ask a question to figure out what the heck it was originally wanting me to do and where to go..lol).
    If the Quest screen would finally after so many years be fixed so that only the updated quest opens instead of ALL quests it would be an easy option for a player to press CTRL Q once in a while. Especially while doing some of the kill 100 or 50 mob quests.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information