Thread: Cracks an eye open after 4 years....

Default Cracks an eye open after 4 years....

Hey there, Istarians. I was one of those that left during the... fiasco... that involved Istaria switching hands and Blight closing down and... lots of stuff that doesn't need to be re-hashed.

But what I'm wondering is this - Is there any easy way for me to see what improvements have been made to the game since Virtrium has taken control? I see that there are a few concept sketches here and there and I like the new dyes but... what about the memory leaks? What about the unstable underlying structure of the MMO itself? I remember there being a ton of user-maintenance required so that teleports in-game didn't take 10 to 20 minutes to complete.

Another concern was the tiering system for materials. Tier 1 was all well and good. Tier 2 a little harder and then.... you're spending an inordinate amount of time just figuring WHERE to go for Tier 3 materials. I remember that there was going to be a revamp for all of that... did that happen?

Gah! Sorry, but this game had a lot of small problems and I don't expect everything to have been solved in just 4 years, but I do wonder if the team is working on improving the underlying structure and user-friendliness of the game.

Finding where to go next and what you need to do to advance shouldn't be a massive hurdle in any MMO.
    ESAK: Explorer 93.33%, Socializer 53.33%, Achiever 40.00%, Killer 13.33%

Default Re: Cracks an eye open after 4 years....

Welcome back Magnir

The answer is, a lot has changed.

Too much to describe in a single post to be honest, best thing I can suggest is to read all the patch notes.

Brief summary

• T2 has been revamped
    • Loot tables have been revamped
    • 2x T2 dungeons
    • 1x T6 dungeon and delgarath T6 area
    • ROP & AROP have been amended
    • Confectioner revamp (completely changed)
    • Lots of new high level quests
    • Lots of T1-T2 quests added
    • Cargo Discs are quicker and new discs
    • Changes to client and patcher to address issues (still ongoing)
    • T6 resources in game
    • Chests & Keys
    • Resurgence of some mobs (Mylocs, AOP, blight anchors etc)
    • New Mobs (Scorpions, Crabs, Dung Piles, Carrion Crawlers, Azulars, New undead models)

and probably a lot more I have missed.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks for the response, Chasing. Sounds like I've got some reading to do in those patch notes.

Although I've seen that they are trying to revamp/remove things that are simply annoying or not fun to do in the "Talk to the Developers" forum.

Hello Magnir, and welcome back on Istaria. Feel free to ask here or in game if you need help.

It will be a bit before I return (or simply create a new character) and then I'll have to do the free account because of economic realities. I've been doing some reading and I'm excited about the changes I've seen. I wish that the base client could be completely replaced, but I know that Virtrium doesn't have the resources for that.

Welcome back Magnir!

You should be able to set up a free account to see how the world and client has changed.

The world has been made a lot more ordered with the tiering. There is also a player made map pack that has a lot of locations in it.

Thread Information