Thread: Sable Shore and beyond

Default Sable Shore and beyond

Just a thought, in mind of Amon saying they are discussing internally on some changes to give more direction on the island and improving things generally.

It seems to me, that even after that island (Sable Shore), the Skulks and Ulmus beetles are deadly, and for me as a Spearman, quite difficult to solo. Especially without being swarmed.

Now I'm told I should level Mage to turn my damage into elemental basedd damage to help kill them and eleviate my lack of damage(perhaps a spear de-efiency against the beetles atleast?).

Without being told this, I think I would have given up on atleast the Ulmus beetles.

I'd like to suggest perhaps a set of tooltips to suggest going_mage, so a new player would perhaps more expect to 'think outside of the box' in dealing with things at this stage. I imagine most game players are so use to being a single class and their class being able to do neigh on everything, _if_ played the right way. Whereas here it seems a Biped is never able to do everything and is infact quite limited on what is expected to be achievable as a single class, unless he takes on more.

I think something needs to be done to change the new players way of thinking, including mine. So that people remain understanding of the game.

Or thats my take on it :-)

Default Re: Sable Shore and beyond

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one for a few reasons.

1) If you do the tutorials on Spirit Isle each of the Adventure tutorials discusses multischooling and encourages you to go try the other two. Now, if you skipped the tutorials then yes I could understand if you were confused about the benefits or penalties of having more than one school.

2) By the time you have reached Sable Shores you should be around level 20 and you will have already fought beetles, undead, treants, wolves, spiders and more. All of which have their own resistances and vulnerabilities to various elements and physical damages as well as different types of attacks. So, you should be already be aware of the fact that beetles are resistant to pierce and vulnerable to crush.

3) Its not so much that you need another school with other elements, but that you need to be aware of the types of monsters and how they react to certain types of damage and attacks. For players that do not have the capability to convert their damage to other types (Pierce to Fire for example) there are also additional ways you can do this through the use of crystals, multi-schooling as you mentioned, or through the use of certain quested techniques (flame weapon for example).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information