Thread: Underwater mobs spawning in NT

Default Underwater mobs spawning in NT

Finding wolves and skeletal raiders underwater off the coast of NT (Chaos)

Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Underwater mobs spawning in NT

Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

this is why no shipping exists - the dangers of the deep!

They're not spawning under water. Thankfully.

So, the problem is that there's a few monsters (Skeleton Raiders being one) that are missing the AI code that makes them wander around the inside of their spawn region. You might notice that once they respawn, they just stand at their spawn point unless aggroed.

Once aggroed, the monster will chase its target indefinitely as the combat AI takes over position control -- until the target goes well out of range or logs out, at which point the combat AI deactivates and the monster will stop dead in its tracks. When someone comes along and attacks such a monster, the monster's combat AI will re-engage and it'll realize it's well outside of its home region.

At that point, the escape AI takes over position control, and makes the monster run away.

Normally, the wander AI should keep picking random places in the monster's home region for the monster to walk to, which will ultimately result in the monster wandering back into its home region after the combat AI or escape AI deactivates.

Now that we understand the problem, Amon has been hard at work finding the other monsters missing their wander AI, so hopefully this will all be fixed soon.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thank you for explaining, Steelclaw, and I'm glad the problem was finally figured out! Now that we know what's going on it's perfectly logical.

...not to imply I don't burst into baffled laughter when I send underwater skeletons home by setting them on fire. This game is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Thank you for explaining, Steelclaw, and I'm glad the problem was finally figured out! Now that we know what's going on it's perfectly logical.

...not to imply I don't burst into baffled laughter when I send underwater skeletons home by setting them on fire. This game is amazing.
    Breathing fire underwater?? *goes cross eyed*
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    They're not spawning under water. Thankfully.

So, the problem is that there's a few monsters (Skeleton Raiders being one) that are missing the AI code that makes them wander around the inside of their spawn region. You might notice that once they respawn, they just stand at their spawn point unless aggroed.

Once aggroed, the monster will chase its target indefinitely as the combat AI takes over position control -- until the target goes well out of range or logs out, at which point the combat AI deactivates and the monster will stop dead in its tracks. When someone comes along and attacks such a monster, the monster's combat AI will re-engage and it'll realize it's well outside of its home region.

At that point, the escape AI takes over position control, and makes the monster run away.

Normally, the wander AI should keep picking random places in the monster's home region for the monster to walk to, which will ultimately result in the monster wandering back into its home region after the combat AI or escape AI deactivates.

Now that we understand the problem, Amon has been hard at work finding the other monsters missing their wander AI, so hopefully this will all be fixed soon.
    wonders if it has any thing to do with this

CHANGE:
    • Increased the maximum wander time of the AI to allow for more flexibility between movement choices.
    maybe they have too much movement flexibilty
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbold View Post
    wonders if it has any thing to do with this

CHANGE:
    • Increased the maximum wander time of the AI to allow for more flexibility between movement choices.
    maybe they have too much movement flexibilty
    No, it doesn't.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

is this the same reason that wisps no longer move about on their wispy way? I remember when you had to follow them around a bit before you started harvesting essence from them but now, they seem like they are tired of moving and truly want you to siphon their essence off so they can be less heavy or something.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Post Re: Underwater mobs spawning in NT

I am guessing it is since the pale wisps that used to be there too have vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    is this the same reason that wisps no longer move about on their wispy way? I remember when you had to follow them around a bit before you started harvesting essence from them but now, they seem like they are tired of moving and truly want you to siphon their essence off so they can be less heavy or something.
    Not really. The devs made the wisps stop moving some time back for no readily apparent reason.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

If that's the case then what has happened to the Pale Wisps that used to be there?
    Last edited by Shadowedraven; November 1st, 2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedraven View Post
    If that's the case then what has happened to the Pale Wisps that used to be there?
    If you're thinking New Tris, there are no Pales on New Tris. There are a couple Dims there still (I think) but no Pales. Pales are T2, so either Wisp Isle or the Dal Peninsula somewhere (not sure where anymore).
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Not really. The devs made the wisps stop moving some time back for no readily apparent reason.
    Actually they made them stop because when the wisps moved, they did not always stop right away (or at all) when someone started harvesting from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theramin View Post
    Actually they made them stop because when the wisps moved, they did not always stop right away (or at all) when someone started harvesting from them.
    Had been happening since before I had started playing, which has been a long time indeed. I stand by my comment, and release the thread hijack as moot.

Just be careful to not breath lightening underwater. Is zappy.

Thread Information