Thread: AI stations and Group Loot?

Lightbulb AI stations and Group Loot?

Just about everyone knows about Abandon Isle, pretty much ever T2 material there.. but I've noticed a problem. The Slate in particular is a favorite of Dragons in AI, and it happens to be my favorite pick for it, Well over the past few months I've been building with Slate on my Saris and I've always known the spawn was migratory, Never had a problem with having to run to the back of AI to get materials and run back with a full disk, but once my disk has too many blocks to fit in my inv I can only dig 3-4 nodes before I have to run back, by that time usually some nice lil Adult/Ancient Dragon waltzes in and decides to dig in the front of the isle, forcing me to run back and forth with no disk (Wasting about 5-10 mins on running) Because the dragon with up to 130 flight speed has no courtesy for Naka... So what I'm proposing is to add a Stoneworking Station in the back of the isle also, so when these un-courteous Dragons come to annoy the Naka digging peacefully, we can simply move to the back without having problems arise... Thus supplying eachother with nonstop nodes... I've taken screenshots and if asked for I can give them, for plenty of good spots to place a shop... I've asked others in game who've had the same issue, and it could solve a lot... Even moving the current Station to the back of the island would fix alot, saying as 90% of the spawn is in the back anyway... Put goofy Ruxus or something next to it if you're worried about some kind of flock that could happen in AI...

Also, I've seen in groups, especially with problems arising for Relkar, Valkor, and other mobs that drop 'epic' materials for gear, have no way of being distributed, As long as your in the group when the mob dies, you can walk up, steal the item log off and bam, you've got yourself an undeserved weapon/tail scale whatever the case may be... I've seen it before, I've also seen just simple hunting groups, and one person happens to be a quick clicker and gets 100% of the loot, when others could use certain Formulas or Hoard Items...

and I know this's already been proposed but i'm sure hearing it again would be nice... A group loot system, Need before Greed, or even the simple Round Robin that EVERY free to play game has... Its not copying any game, its simply keeping people happy and may pull the ticket ratio on 'stolen loot' down to a minimum...
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Default Re: AI stations and Group Loot?

Thank you Clearbrooke... this post is much appreciated... my first hatchling was the victim of a greedy naka. Being new I didn't know there was no group loot system in place but apparently this young naka did. he invited I and another newcomer hatchie to group. It did not take us long to figure out what was going on... as soon as I told her what I suspected we both notified our guild leader of his actions, quit the group and recalled... as soon as we recalled he died because he was using us as bodyguards to hunt things too big for him. It has made me leery about group hunting ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearbrooke View Post
    Just about everyone knows about Abandon Isle, pretty much ever T2 material there.. but I've noticed a problem. The Slate in particular is a favorite of Dragons in AI, and it happens to be my favorite pick for it, Well over the past few months I've been building with Slate on my Saris and I've always known the spawn was migratory, Never had a problem with having to run to the back of AI to get materials and run back with a full disk, but once my disk has too many blocks to fit in my inv I can only dig 3-4 nodes before I have to run back, by that time usually some nice lil Adult/Ancient Dragon waltzes in and decides to dig in the front of the isle, forcing me to run back and forth with no disk (Wasting about 5-10 mins on running) Because the dragon with up to 130 flight speed has no courtesy for Naka... So what I'm proposing is to add a Stoneworking Station in the back of the isle also, so when these un-courteous Dragons come to annoy the Naka digging peacefully....
    Because anyone needing that resource is automatically a bad guy. Your post is very accusative and this is by far one of the most troll-worthy posts I have read in a long time.

Resources are out there for anyone to dig not just 'peaceful naka' and the 'rude dragons' aren't stealing your stuff.

Yes, SOME dragons have 130 flight speed, but it takes 8 seconds to take off. Some naka can get up to 200 ground speed so your argument should really be against yourself. Learn to share yes?

Sharing would be fine Shian but if you payed attention to the WHOLE post you would have noticed her complaint was regarding people who dont know how to share or perhaps are refusing to. It wasn't all about the harvesting, it was also about looting issues where others may be exercising greed and showing their donkey by either grabbing everything off the bodies or grabbing the most choice pieces and leaving junk for everyone else contributing in. Or.. like in my case not really contributing anything just grabbing all the loot while everyone else is protecting him. That's fine if it was agreed upon in advance but in my situation it was not.

I wouldn't know about the need for group looting. The adventuring problems you described just don't exist on Order therefore I didn't feel the need to comment on it.

I do know about people complaining about 'resource hogging' between two people though even though there's not only a whole damned field of it, but four FOUR sources of slate that you can get to if you're really that concerned about the '5-10 minutes of running'.

This is an MMO here and you will have to play with other people.

Also, other fields for the same resource.

If you feel someone is hogging the other field, go elsewhere? It's an ABANDONED Island. If there were processing building there...might not feel so abandoned

Group loot/round robin however would be awesome. This is one of the few games left standing where this is NOT the norm so no wonder new players may feel manipulated or taken advantage of.

And sorry Shian, This happens on Order too - just cuz you have never lost out in such a situation doesn't mean it's 1 - not a problem or 2- shouldn't be put into the game.

(I do agree the post probably came off as more attacking than it meant to with the word choices)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I understand the accusational thoughts that can happen.. I believe that yes there is sharing, and I've no mind of doing it.. but when I leave to another area, and the same dragon seems to somehow follow me? That's a lil annoying and harrassment.. but I can't do anything since its an mmo, Trust me hun I've played wow, I've played EQ, I've played DoAC.. I know Every noob move and every noob action in the book... and I've learned to deal with it, my main concern was to others who don't have the courage to come out and suggest things that people like yourself, Shian, May not appreciate... Yes I like the idea of changing locations or spawn spots of slate on AI, and that won't change just because you bash me a lil bit, I'm used to that ^.^ How can devs know what their players are feeling if we don't come out?

And yeah I'd head off to Slate Hills... IF Slate were actually in its correct locations near the station as it's hinted at as Slate Hills... I've looked in other areas, and others may have their preferences.. but I like being near a station, my resources, and a portal... Its quicker, more efficient.. and AI is usually that.. Abandoned... But that still adds the hassle of farming back in the Western part (Where 99.9999% of the slate is in AI) of the isle for about 2 hours before you can go to the front of the isle and farm there... THAT is my main complaint ^.^

I do apologize to anyone and any... thing.. thats been offended by this post, it was not meant as an attack toward anyone.. hell.. I'm an Ancient with 150-175 flight speed myself... I have the decency for Naka to let them have the easier resource spawn.. but others out there don't

As for running into the issue on Order, I really don't play Order true... I don't tend to favor having to say
    'Clearbrooke walks gracefully into New Trismus and greets Pratt with dignity' everytime I walk into a town... Its fun sometimes when your in the mood, but having to roleplay to stay on the server is different lol... In my experiences in Order, yes I've met some very kind and helpful players.. and yes I appreciate those who're that way... but Chaos isn't the same way, I've seen countless areas where people've stolen Valkor's rare loot, or simply been quick enough to loot all on every corpse and be a donkey about giving others what they need... a Dragon can't craft Mithril Armor... Mithril SCALES maybe but not Naka armor, we all know this.. so what's the use of looting it and stashing it away from your party members? And its the same other way around... a Naka can't make use of Refreshing Breeze IV.. so why hoard it away from your Dragon groupies? Gold seems completely useless to me after a plot is obtained.. no one uses it and no one takes it for anything...
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Thread Information