Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't you have a plot?

Default Re: Why don't you have a plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Also, Shian, you mentioned keeping a plot slot for juggling plots between characters. Can you elaborate on that a little more? Why would you need to juggle plot ownership between characters on the same account?
    A few reasons:
    1. I want to start a new lair, so I give it to a different character and have my main who already has max disk and best gathering rate the new lair to work on. This prevents the constant permission problems I've been having where one or the other's plot permissions get randomly reset every week. I've already had to reset 6 plots this month over the course of each week. When the plot is all silos, this gets very tedious. If the one that owns the plot I'm working on, I don't have to worry about setting permissions, it's easier to log on and start working on the actual lair instead of bringing a disk load in and finding I need to reset the whole plot.

2. In addition, said lair might be flying access only, and I only have so many adults ATM so some juggling is necessary between the aerial and ground lairs.

2. Novians. One character has novians that can be used in another lair I own.

3. RP. The character is moving to be closer to family but I don't want to lose the old location and I'm too stubborn to take a 20% resource hit- that's too many hours so I've just been adding subs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    A few reasons:
    1. I want to start a new lair, so I give it to a different character and have my main who already has max disk and best gathering rate the new lair to work on. This prevents the constant permission problems I've been having where one or the other's plot permissions get randomly reset every week. I've already had to reset 6 plots this month over the course of each week. When the plot is all silos, this gets very tedious. If the one that owns the plot I'm working on, I don't have to worry about setting permissions, it's easier to log on and start working on the actual lair instead of bringing a disk load in and finding I need to reset the whole plot.

2. Novians. One character has novians that can be used in another lair I own.
    Would granting full permissions to every character on your account to all storage and NPCs on every plot owned by a character on your account solve this problem? (considering that novian resources should no longer be attuned after delta 114 goes live)
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    Would granting full permissions to every character on your account to all storage and NPCs on every plot owned by a character on your account solve this problem? (considering that novian resources should no longer be attuned after delta 114 goes live)
    I always thought that it "unfair" to only be able to access all the structures and/or attuned item placement by the character that owns the plot. You get 1 plot per regular subscription, and 7 characters, but only 1 character has "rights" to the plot. Even the new event banner/mural patterns. They're attuned to the player, but said player can't contribute the item (I assume, haven't tested because it's attuned) to the plot on the same account as the plot owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Gods yes. Also, what Creme said.
    TBH I'm not sure either about the whole attuned banner thing, but I've assumed it is the plotholder that has to apply the attuned item. It's why I've been running Brightheart, my hatchie on Queen runs- she's the one with the myloc slayer mural in her lair.

Anyone that has aquired an attuned banner pattern can apply it to a mural or plot banner. It does not have to be the owner of the plot/lair. I have done this with alts to plots on my account and even to another player's plot.

I (Thaalia) have applied a Queen hair to my dragon's lair mural, new plot banners to my husband's plot, and my hatchie applied a dolphin banner pattern to a friend's lair mural.

Thaalia of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Holth
    Anyone that has aquired an attuned banner pattern can apply it to a mural or plot banner. It does not have to be the owner of the plot/lair. I have done this with alts to plots on my account and even to another player's plot.

I (Thaalia) have applied a Queen hair to my dragon's lair mural, new plot banners to my husband's plot, and my hatchie applied a dolphin banner pattern to a friend's lair mural.

Thaalia of Order
    Thanks for letting me know that. I had assumed it would work similar to attuned novians. As far as the Queen Myloc hair, I didn't think it was attuned or at least, didn't used to be attuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Another reason to keep an open plot slot available is for Guild town management. When A&A held Saritova we had more built up plots than active players. If we needed to make a change to a plot, we would buy up the plot (easy at 10s), make changes and the put it back up for sale.

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Why do I not own a plot?
    1. Because I do not play consistently. My play pattern is to sub when I feel like playing Istaria, and to drop the sub (because of expense) when I am not. I'm not willing to pay $15 a month to keep a plot alive for 2-3 months when I am not playing.
    2. Because it jinxes a game for me. Every time I buy a home or property in a game, I soon quit playing. This has been true for AC, DAOC, LotRO (twice, once while it was FTP), and EVE Online.

What would it take for me to buy a plot?
    1. A guarantee that I could preserve my plot ownership (for a fee, even), if I took a 6 month/12 month hiatus from the game.

By the way, my kid played a dragon on Order for years. Got bored, and cancelled her sub for a while. While she was unsubbed, her lair got reclaimed. The loss of her lair was so discouraging, losing all that work, that she's given up on Istaria completely, and won't come back.

You don't lose all the work, just 80% of it and the fun of finding a prime location.

I too would love to see like a $3-4 subscription rate that held a plot but didn't allow you to log in. No idea how that would work with multi subs though.

Thread Information