Thread: Patch today?

Default Patch today?

I can't seem to find it anywhere in the news or threads but...was there a patch today? I'm currently downloading a 250 meg patch on install one and install 2 is trying to do a 320 meg patch....I was playing fine last night so?

Default Re: Patch today?

i've got something similar going on:
    Patching...
    Downloading: world_cache\orderhorizons\terrain\ <a zillion different files turning over>
    <counter> kb / 262,545.75 kb
    Files downloaded <counter>/13816

I just logged in earlier about 4 hours ago, no download here.

I was playing earlier today with no patch but now it's patching. It feels like I'm reloading the whole game again lol. At least I know it's not because my computer somehow dumped my files...

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=413

It's a world cache download on Order only for the moment.
    It should speed up porting.

Should arrive on Chaos soon ©

YAY!

I'm stoked about this.

This should make teleporting and logging on a LOT faster. I don't mind letting the patcher run for 15min or so to download the 270-ish MB if it means I can shave off a good 10 seconds or so off of each teleport/log on.

Isn't the world cache what we've always been deleting to improve game speed. I think I remember something about removing the whole thing several times way back when.. also sticking it on separate drives, and other various things to improve the world cache access speed to improve performance, but never heard of DLing the whole thing to do such.

I guess with 5 yr newer systems that peeps have now days, grabbing all the world cache might not be terrible. Is this also dropping off for us all the player buildings as well, or just the terrain and non player structures?

Also, if were getting all this from a patch, is it still going to try to update itself when we port places? or we stuck with seeing scaffolding until the next patch of the world?
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    Isn't the world cache what we've always been deleting to improve game speed. I think I remember something about removing the whole thing several times way back when.. also sticking it on separate drives, and other various things to improve the world cache access speed to improve performance, but never heard of DLing the whole thing to do such.

I guess with 5 yr newer systems that peeps have now days, grabbing all the world cache might not be terrible. Is this also dropping off for us all the player buildings as well, or just the terrain and non player structures?

Also, if were getting all this from a patch, is it still going to try to update itself when we port places? or we stuck with seeing scaffolding until the next patch of the world?
    The way I understand it, the "World Cache" includes not only the terrain cache, but also data about player plots, monsters, items, etc.

As far as scaffolding and player plots, I would guess that they ONLY gave us Terrain, as in "there's a hill here, a flat plot here" and what actually is ON that plot, is downloaded every time you go near it just like it works currently. Hills, mountains, etc never change unless a patch is released, and that's the only time we'd need to update those files.

i thought of something that would be really cool
    you know how they have the java thing to change your name on istaria now?
    i think it would be cool to add yet another option for the people
    how about the ability to be able to edit your existing character as well
    i know there has to be people out there that would probably like to give their character a different look over time
    just a thought
    my name is pronounced Dr-A-zil
    It has always been my dream to be a dragon in real life
    to help the community of Malatora
    the future holds the key http://fedcom-online.webs.com/

Thread Information