Thread: Terrain Cache question

Default Terrain Cache question

When downloading the cache files, I noticed that they are being stuck in the usual terrain cache directory.

This leads me to wonder: Will this 260 some MB of information be deleted if we click "Clear world cache", or was that patched to _not_ delete these files?

I'd hate to have to re-download that 260 some MB update if I ever had to cache my files. Should I create a backup of that folder so I can copy/paste, perhaps?

Default Re: Terrain Cache question

I figured my cache folder was very dated after it had done the world cache download and did a clear world cache, now it's downloading the world cache again.

Oof.

Ouch.

Was this an oversight, maybe? Surely they don't expect us to re-download the entire world terrain each time we clear cache?

I'm glad I had the forethought to make a backup of that folder (I'm going to copy it to the other 2 computers to get around downloading that 15k files anyways).

This was an oversight and is being fixed in the launcher as I type this. The sub-folder in question is the /terrain/ folder of your world cache. The "clear world cache" option will ignore that as soon as the fix is implemented and patched. For now, don't clear your world cache. If you must, don't delete the terrain folder.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Do we know if this will fix the seemingly random problem that has been plaguing XP users since the Win7 fix; namely the random deletion/corruption of world cashe files that causes the game to either not load or crash/hang randomly? The only fix to this has been to delete the entire world cashe folder and rebuild it.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This was an oversight and is being fixed in the launcher as I type this. The sub-folder in question is the /terrain/ folder of your world cache. The "clear world cache" option will ignore that as soon as the fix is implemented and patched. For now, don't clear your world cache. If you must, don't delete the terrain folder.
    I figured it was an oversight.

Good to hear it'll be fixed.

Ok, I'm mystified.

Why am I patching a 18650 files for World_cache/chaoshorizons
    when my Characters are on Order?

Please tell me the patcher is lying to me about what it is downloading
    into my system. To think it's downloading 2 servers worth of
    World cache is making my head hurt.

Andaras

Thread Information