Thread: Hit and Run

Default Hit and Run

As you might have guessed i was involved in a Hit and run i cant tell you how angry i am about this it started off like any routine accident he pulled over with me got out asked if i was ok i said no , (Turns out later i got a nice concussion from his 3886 lb pickup according to Kelly blue book (Chevy Colorado ) (He was Hispanic ) once he learned i was calling the cops In his truck and Drove off rather fast .

I mean come on If your going to attempt to do the decent thing at least see it throw !!!
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Hit and Run

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    As you might have guessed i was involved in a Hit and run i cant tell you how angry i am about this it started off like any routine accident he pulled over with me got out asked if i was ok i said no , (Turns out later i got a nice concussion from his 3886 lb pickup according to Kelly blue book (Chevy Colorado ) (He was Hispanic ) once he learned i was calling the cops In his truck and Drove off rather fast .

I mean come on If your going to attempt to do the decent thing at least see it throw !!!
    He'll be facing jailtime when he's caught. Kinda hard to hide a huge dent in his truck, and if you got even a piece of his license plate number, that makes it all the easier.

How many hispanics around are driving that type of truck that also has collision damage? lol.

He probably ran because he has a warrant for his arrest, when the cops arrived, they would have ran his DL# and they would have found that he has a warrant.

Probably better he did run -- they can chase him down and arrest him later, and add Hit&Run to whatever rap sheet he's got on him, rather than him starting a confrontation with the cops, or worse, him attacking you.

If he didn't have a warrant for his arrest, then he's a colossal idiot -- if he had stayed, his insurance would go up a little. But since he ran, he could have his license revoked or even go to jail.

Either way, hope the cops catch him and give him his just dues.

I wonder if he was in the states illegally with the way he took off. In any event, I doubt he'd have much if anything to cover your expenses. At least he stopped to make sure you were not mortally wounded...?

I hope your recovery is swift and full, and your expenses minimal.

That was my thinking too.

If he ran, he's probably an illegal alien.

Arizona cards you now.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    That was my thinking too.

If he ran, he's probably an illegal alien.

Arizona cards you now.
    And that's why at 1641 of yesterday i now strongly support Joe.

If your going to come in hear and risk it all at least know our traffic laws and Pay attention to the freak-en road !!!!!
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

The police aren't really motivated to follow up on the case if you're not injured -- it's just a misdemeanor. Now, if you're injured (and say so in the police report), the hit-and-run becomes a much more serious felony, which does become interesting.

Even your insurance company is probably not interested in the claim -- the chance of the other party having insurance or substantial assets to sue for is small, so your insurance will be stuck paying, assuming the damage is covered.

Yep, it sucks. I hope your insurance is cooperative and they find the guy, at least to get him off the street.

I also find it somewhat ironic that you support the policies that precipitated the situation that you're now in.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I've been in a hit and run before. It was with a Walgreens truck as I was getting onto the freeway. He didn't even stop to see if I was okay.

Fortunately he has made things really easy for you by running away especially if the truck is identifiable by more than a dent in his truck and the fact that it now has a dent in it (ie a Walgreens truck). He's supposed to stay there until you can exchange info or if necessary have the police deal with it, illegal alien or not he's in big trouble. The insurance companies will want someone to pay for the damage.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Thread Information