Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky-rant

Default Re: Sky-rant

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Hit R on a grey shout to use a dragon soul and unlock it.
    Meh. lol.

Woulda been nice to have a couple of those sooner, if I had known that.

Ah well, thanks for the info.

So anyways, a bit of an update:

I'm like level 22 now, and those bears and cats are free/easy kills. They can barely touch me now! They made skill levels very powerful; a couple points of armor skill or weapon skill matters much more than it did in Oblivion.

Those bandits that could take me down to 75% or so if there were 2-3 of them, now I can let 3 or 4 of them beat on me and they don't even touch my health meter. One Punch will kill a normal bandit. One. Punch. And my unarmed skill is nil. And I don't even have that heavy armor perk that deals with punching.

Killed an ice troll with ease earlier, though I have a sword from M... M... gah, what's her name? Midita or something like that? Her shrine is way up by Solitude, and she sends you on a multi-part longish quest. It is a one-handed sword that appears to be a fire sword that deals extra damage to undead and it appears to have infinite charges. Oh, I also got a helm from Clavaticus Vile. I LOVE that helm. +20% better prices, +10 speech craft, and +5% magicka regeneration. Ooooo.
    Last edited by Dhalin; November 16th, 2011 at 03:18 AM.

Oh nice! I'll go work on that quest! I have the helm but I got the orb(?) for the demanding shrine goddess thing you're talking about. I just haven't trekked back up there to give it to her.
    Finally got my 'investment' package from speechcraft. SO much easier when these merchants have more gold. Merchants that carry 750 now carry 1100-something. It makes a huge difference, especially in places like solitude where you have 7 merchants in one spot to unload all your gear.

Took forever but I feel like I'm finally at that point where I can just pick stuff up that isn't nailed down instead of worrying about how valuable it is because its easier to do dumps now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Oh nice! I'll go work on that quest! I have the helm but I got the orb(?) for the demanding shrine goddess thing you're talking about. I just haven't trekked back up there to give it to her.
    After doing that, you do some dungeon crawl through her temple, easy stuff. Some kind of wimpy wight/ghosts that swing swords at you and cast the occasional spell. Woooo. The guy at the end is a wuss, too. Or at least he was for me. He does have some annoying ice spells, though. Oh, and the gold you loot off the dead bodies in there... *whistle* I made like 4,000 gold in just gold looting. Lots and lots of dead bodies, each having 50-100 gold each. lol. I love looting large amounts of gold, saves me the trouble of selling crap to a vendor.

Finally got my 'investment' package from speechcraft. SO much easier when these merchants have more gold. Merchants that carry 750 now carry 1100-something. It makes a huge difference, especially in places like solitude where you have 7 merchants in one spot to unload all your gear.
    SEVEN vendors in Solitude? I can't find the others, I walked around town but I only found 3 -- Alchemist, Clothes, and a general Trader. Where's the other 4? *blinks*

Took forever but I feel like I'm finally at that point where I can just pick stuff up that isn't nailed down instead of worrying about how valuable it is because its easier to do dumps now.
    Heh, wish I could do that, I'm still carrying around random gems and potions because vendors keep running out of gold. Annoying. Like I said, they need to just get rid of the gold limits IMO. If I pick it up, I should be able to sell it, and not trek the entire world over selling things to 50+ vendors to get rid of a dungeon crawl's worth of crap.

And Dragons...

Yeah, okay, Dragon Bone and Dragon Scales are worth a lot. But they are also ludicrously heavy too and they empty out a vendor in one shot. I need to figure out how to buy that house the guy in Whiterun mentioned; talked to the Jarl, he didn't have the option like in Oblivion.. thought maybe his Steward would, but every time I go to the "Throne room", the Steward isn't there. So uh, not sure what is going on with that.

I wanna start saving up bone and scales for dragon armor, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    SEVEN vendors in Solitude? I can't find the others, I walked around town but I only found 3 -- Alchemist, Clothes, and a general Trader. Where's the other 4? *blinks*
    Well, you're right, there's only three true vendors, fut there are three 'fish sellers' behind the good shop and the inn usually has 100 gold or so. That's am extra 250 gold or so you can unload.

The house in white run you get by running the steward's quest. I also experienced his steward randomly disappearing for days at a time, so that when I did get my house, I was without storage decorations for a few in game days.

The weight on things does seem really ridiculous. Thankfully there is a nice weight mod build into the game as a console command: player.modav carryweight 9000
    There's also a skill in the pickpocket tree that lets you carry extra weight.

It won't help you if you don't have the points in speech yet though.

You buy the house in Whiterun by becoming a Thane of the city. The Steward then offers you the option to buy the house for 5000 gold.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ah. Gotta love the suspension of disbelief in video games.

"No one has set foot in these ruins for thousands of years! You go first dragonborne!"

I find a nice sword, a new set of armor and... Three perfectly good cabbages. Huh.

In FO3, I cringed each time my character used a nuka cola. The sound he made was te typical 'psst, glug, sigh of contentment'. As if it were fresh from a fridge when nine times out of ten it was found out in the wasteland where it has sat in the sun for hundreds of years.

Thread Information