Thread: light or darkness

Default light or darkness

when you are on your pc at night are you in the light or darkness?

i either like a lamp on will have a light on

Default Re: light or darkness

Light, but not too much.

I use [one of these] pointed down at the desk from a shelf just above the monitor.

[Here's what it looks like] Sorta -- the camera doesn't have the dynamic range of a human eye, so some parts of the image are too dark and other parts are too bright. The lighting is actually a lot more relaxing in person.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I have to have light on. It hurts my eyes to be in the dark and be staring at a bright white box. Boyfriend is opposite though and likes sitting in the dark.

I guess Im sorta semi dark?

I keep the light on over the sink in the kitchen, and that alows alittle light into the living room area, so its not pitch black, when Im walking thru my apt. Tho I still cant see my keyboard XD

I have the light on at night otherwise I'll be straining my eyes, I have a lamp that I can adjust the light level.

It depends on what I am doing...
    If I watch movies online while playing games I have it dark like a cinema.
    If I only play games I prefer to see which buttons to push on the keyboard.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Lightbulb Re: light or darkness

I have a desk lamp that lights the keyboard, fluorescent. Nice soft lighting.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

I bought a keyboard that lights up its keys specifically because I like it dark.

There are times that I like having light, but that's not for ambiance. When I'm arting it up, it often helps not to have drastic light level differences so that I can better distinguish colors and whatnot.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Light, but not too much.

I use [one of these] pointed down at the desk from a shelf just above the monitor.

[Here's what it looks like] Sorta -- the camera doesn't have the dynamic range of a human eye, so some parts of the image are too dark and other parts are too bright. The lighting is actually a lot more relaxing in person.
    I'd be tempted to steal that dragon statue!

I usually like to have a regular lamp on, 60watt usually, though that's a little brighter than I need, but I've not had the time to put a smaller lamp on the wall and there's no real room for a desk lamp on my desk TBH.

I need to find a _good_ reversible desktop tower case that allows me to put the fan ports on the *right* side of the computer instead of the default left side, because my desk has a wall on the left side. That would open up SO much room, but....

Apparently computer case manufacturers think that nobody has a desk that has a wall on the left instead of the right. Instead, I have to put the tower behind the monitor with the fan ports blowing the hot air right out at me.

Meh.

I usually like to have the light on because it causes me eyestrain to look at it in the dark even when its not completely dark

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

I personally have a light on all the time while playing games. Currently it is a floor-lamp that has a moveable reading lamp. The reading lamp part I have one of those compact florescent bulbs in, I believe it is a 60w equivalent. The lamp sits behind me and it is pointed at the wall.

This way I get ambient lighting in the room, but it doesn't sit in my face. I tend to also have a light on when I watch TV... Usually in a similar fashion, as it reduces the strain on the eyes, though I may see how reducing the actual brightness of the screen effects the eye strain.

The other thing that causes my eyes to strain is Christmas Lighting. All of those pinpoint lights are quite annoying to my eyes, and make them water something fierce. Usually, if I am in the room, the tree lights have to be off, or the tree needs to be sitting someplace where I cant see the lights while watching tv or using the computer. Even the reflection on the screen isn't very nice to they eyeballs. I truly wish I knew why, cuz the kids and the wife get annoyed at me every time I turn them lights off...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

heh - well w hen I was a younger'gal I loved computing in the dark. Games were more immersive and my typing increased to about 120+wpm with BBS chatroom typing in the dark...

But now that Im old , I cant do it anymore. I have to have lights on or else I get headaches after an hour or so.

Really sad too, I love playing video games in the dark. But cant do it anymore .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information