Thread: Cocoa Crispies

Default Cocoa Crispies

So I had a wisdom tooth removed exactly a week ago to this day, and I was forced to come up with stuff to eat until this heals.

One of my prescriptions were to be taken at breakfast (something I very rarely, if ever, ate). It also said "take with food". So, eh, now I *must* eat breakfast.

So the obvious choice would be some sort of soup or cereal, but yet... as a kid, growing up, I always ate Cheerios. That's what my parents always bought for me and when I became an adult, I kinda slacked off on eating breakfast at all until this oral surgery I just had.

Anyways, the day before the surgery, I was at the store going "hmmm, what to do, what to do..."

I knew I needed a cereal that was cold (didn't feel like hot cereal, I don't like oatmeal, yuck) but yet a cereal that given enough time would be reduced to a mushy paste if you left it in the milk long enough.

I saw Rice Krispies and I'm like "hey, Rice Krispy treats taste awesome. I bet these taste good"

Then right beside those, there was a box of Cocoa Krispies.

Then I'm like "Okay, Chocolate tastes good on just about anything, let's try that."

The fact it was on sale helped too, $2.50 for a box? Heck yeah, let's try this. The box was a bit small to be honest but I was thinking this was just temporary, until my teeth are healed.

Well, lo and behold...

1). They taste awesome! Just like I thought. Chocolate + Nearly anything = awesome. Heck, when you're done eating the cereal, you get to enjoy what is pretty much a bowl of chocolate milk!

2). The size of the box? That is mighty deceptive. I've taken at least 5 bowls of cereal out of this box and there's at least 2-3 more left in the box. I thought there'd been 3-4 bowls, max in that box. For $2.50, I'd have to say 7-9 uses is pretty dang good for the price. Well, that and the milk of course.

So how the heck did I NOT know about this awesome food before? lol.

Default Re: Cocoa Crispies

You're not bombarded by the mindless drivel of Saturday morning cartoons and associated advertisement...?

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I knew I needed a cereal that was cold (didn't feel like hot cereal, I don't like oatmeal, yuck) but yet a cereal that given enough time would be reduced to a mushy paste if you left it in the milk long enough.
    Try picking your favorite cereal and throw it in a blender with some milk. A thick shake texture is probably what you want to shoot for, but if you have enough milk and blend it long enough, you'll end up with cereal flavored mousse.

Slightly related: those crispies are great on and in ice cream.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    You're not bombarded by the mindless drivel of Saturday morning cartoons and associated advertisement...?

I'd have to, uh, actually watch TV for that to happen.

I haven't sat down to actually watch TV for.... oh my, since my dad retired. I once watched things like CSI, Criminal Minds, and Mentalist. But when he retired in Jan '11, he takes up the TV a good 75% of the day so I gave up on watching TV. I heard that there's not much TO watch on TV these days anyways.

Back when I was a kid, the only Sat. Morning I watched was the original TMNT animated series (the one that ran during the 90s, NOT that new stuff they got now). Wasn't really interested in anything else. I have very vague memories of the Ghostbusters cartoon, but... those memories are -very- fuzzy at best.

Try picking your favorite cereal and throw it in a blender with some milk. A thick shake texture is probably what you want to shoot for, but if you have enough milk and blend it long enough, you'll end up with cereal flavored mousse.

Slightly related: those crispies are great on and in ice cream.
    Well, the Krispies -are- my favorite cereal now, lol. But thanks for the tips; I'll keep em in mind. I can eat the Cocoa Krispies now without blending them; its been nearly a week since the surgery and I can eat some solid food now and not have too much trouble.

But, I still have 3 wisdom teeth in me and more than likely someday at least one of em is gonna have to come out.

Thanks for this informative and amusing thread. I need to get all four of my wisdom teeth removed sometime soon.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

*Rofl* Yea my parents tried to force me to eat cheerios as a child too... If I was lucky I got "King Vitamin" cuz it was cheap..

But boy when I discovered sugar cerals in college..holy crap that stuff is good!! I understand Dhalin! I remember when my eyes were open!

Steel you are genius..I"m taking the peanut butter and chocolate reece's cereal and doing that...all day long..

And yea I got my wisdom teeth, all four, removed when I was 27.. it was a great week actually; Liquid Lortab made it all ok.

All I remember was when my mom was trying to shake me awake after recovery to go home and I was thinking I was at home in bed and why was she trying to wake me up early on a Saturday... *rofl*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Nasty story time:

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, the dentist didn't suture the sockets closed. He said they'd heal on their own.

As the week went on, I noticed my mouth starting to smell more and more... off. Despite flossing, brushing, and using mouthwash, my breath continued to approach the smell of a dumpster on a hot summer day.

Fed up, and fighting all intuition saying "this will end badly", I took a gum massager and poked it into each of the sockets and prodded around. Out came food from many days ago and what I can only describe as concentrated evil. My mouth returned to normal afterward, and the swelling seemed to have gone down a lot.

Lesson: keep those sockets clean!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information