Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Skyrim

Default Re: In Skyrim

Finished the main quest yesterday. No spoilers, but I will say the "after the world is saved" thing was kind of.. dull.
    But that's the only fault it had imo. =)

The ending truly is EPIC.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Yes they can die. If your horse is attacking then maybe you have one of the quested horses?
    The normal horses attack too. They'll start running when they get low on health, but I've been surprised by how much they can actually take. There were several times I was sure my horse was going to die, but it never even started running.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    The normal horses attack too. They'll start running when they get low on health, but I've been surprised by how much they can actually take. There were several times I was sure my horse was going to die, but it never even started running.
    Yeah XD My brown horsie went toe to toe with dragon for a while and survived. Nords have epic horses.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Quote Originally Posted by Sereamha View Post
    Yeah XD My brown horsie went toe to toe with dragon for a while and survived. Nords have epic horses.
    I think it is more that the dragons are kinda weak.

The ones with the ice breath? pfft. I laugh at them and use them for pincushions/target practice. It is even funnier if you're in an area where there's lots of large rocks (or better yet, if a dragon attacks you while you're in a fort, lol) that you can duck behind when it is about to breathe.

Just don't get in melee range.

Or, if you do, just strafe around it and stay away from its mouth and you'll barely even get hurt.

Heck, a giant or two can take out a normal "dragon" (though they seem to have trouble with Blood Dragons), I saw a pair of giants take one down to 1-2 hits from dying and I finished it off with my bow.. when I went to kill the giants afterward, they had half or more of their life left... but then giants are a little overpowered, but still!

I've been playing on Master difficulty so most things tend one-shot me anyway. xD I rely largely on the staggering ability of dual casted destruction spells. At least with Dragons. Now I'm using dual daggers in combination with Back Stab for 15x dagger damage while sneaking, as well as gloves that essentially doubles that to 30x. With dual daggers power attack you have, from what I could count anyway, a chance to hit 3 times which would essentially be a 30x, 30x, 30x sneak attack. Needless to say even on Master difficulty I can one-shot anything I can manage to sneak up close enough to.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Just finished the Thieves' Guild questline myself.

Not going to give spoilers, but IMO, they made HUGE improvements over the questline from Oblivion.

One very awesome thing they did, was they got rid of the need to fence X amount of gold in stuff between major quests.

I always -hated- that part in Oblivion, because most people didn't have anything worth fencing, and you had to get 100-200 gold worth of silver cups, worthless books, booze, etc junk.

Now I'm off to see how awesome the Dark Brotherhood line is. I hope it is at least half as fun as Oblivion's (I loved that awesome party quest with the guests at the mansion lol).

ARG! I found the part where shop NPCs close the window at random intervals.

Even more frustrating, I'm talking to the greybeards and get to talk to their head honcho. The whole way up there, the game decides it's just going to use the last response I clicked or whatever it feels like doing instead of where my mouse actually is or the response I actually want. I tried using the keyboard by scrolling down and using the enter key instead but that was also a hit or miss- the game seemingly STILL chose random responses instead of where I was clicking. This seems to be most prominent when I want the last choice in the list.

The game has been doing this slowly over time, but this time it's getting really bad. Especially with the long winded head honcho. I had to click through a 5 minute conversation three times before I could finally learn a new word. Just ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    ARG! I found the part where shop NPCs close the window at random intervals.

Even more frustrating, I'm talking to the greybeards and get to talk to their head honcho. The whole way up there, the game decides it's just going to use the last response I clicked or whatever it feels like doing instead of where my mouse actually is or the response I actually want. I tried using the keyboard by scrolling down and using the enter key instead but that was also a hit or miss- the game seemingly STILL chose random responses instead of where I was clicking. This seems to be most prominent when I want the last choice in the list.

The game has been doing this slowly over time, but this time it's getting really bad. Especially with the long winded head honcho. I had to click through a 5 minute conversation three times before I could finally learn a new word. Just ugh.
    I'm starting to have that problem too.

Best thing to do, is use the mouse cursor to CLICK the response you want.

Use an arrow key (or W/S) to scroll up to the response above it, then to the response below it (unless it is the bottom one), then to the one you want and THEN click it.

That -usually- works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Not going to give spoilers, but IMO, they made HUGE improvements over the questline from Oblivion.
    Just about everything has had a huge improvement. I've been to many various dungeons and they don't feel anywhere near as 'copy/pasted' .. Probably due to Skyrim's 8 person design team for dungeons vs Oblivion's 1. xD
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

According to the strat guide the upper level dragons have a TON of health (like 3k+).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    According to the strat guide the upper level dragons have a TON of health (like 3k+).
    I hope so, because I just killed a dragon today.

He landed right in front of me and I whipped out my sword, and like 10 seconds later, it is dead. He didn't even get to take off and I didn't even bother strafing to avoid his head. I hacked him to death with a sword, before he could fly off.

Oh, btw, that sword I mentioned earlier in the thread?

It is not unlimited; it merely has a huge amount of charges, much more than most other magical weapons. Thankfully, soul gems restore a percentage and not number of charges; one Common Soul will probably last you most of a dungeon with that sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Just about everything has had a huge improvement. I've been to many various dungeons and they don't feel anywhere near as 'copy/pasted' .. Probably due to Skyrim's 8 person design team for dungeons vs Oblivion's 1. xD
    I noticed that too.

There are many rooms that look similar, but then they tend to be justified -- you usually find similar-looking rooms in ancient nord ruins, which you'd think they'd build similar-looking rooms in their burial chambers, kinda like how the Egyptians probably built similar looking rooms into their chambers IRL.

Even with that though, they changed it up a bit, and they didn't directly copy/paste anywhere near as much.
    Last edited by Dhalin; November 17th, 2011 at 10:47 PM.

I love the newest cracked article Too bad he swears too much so I'll just paste the better bits:

I have yet to do a single thing in Skyrim in the proper order. I'm constantly showing up to some dude's castle that I've never seen before, only to hand over a mystical item that I'd mentally scratched off as garbage hours ago, and then sit and listen to the story be retroactively explained to me:
    King: Wanderer! Thank the gods you've come! The prophecy told us that a mighty warrior would arise, worthy of wielding Fjalnir, the God-axe, and slaying the evil Demon Prince Synraith. We believe you to be that warrior. What say you, traveler? Will you accept this task?
    Me: Yea, verily I shall accept thine task and vanq- wait, Synraith? Fiery dude in a floating city? Cape made out of screeching souls? Uhh I already killed that guy.
    King: You ... already slew the Demon Prince, the Knife in the Dark, the Void at the Heart of All Men, whose identity you did not learn until just now?
    Me: Yup. I saw that castle floating up in the sky, and I wanted to know if I could jump up the rocks to get in the back way. It took a lot of reloads, but I finally managed to hop on up in there.
    King: You "hopped on up" into the Abyssal Palace?
    Me: Yeeeep, yep yep yep. Just squat-jumped on in there and looted the place. Then I killed that Sydney guy-
    King: Synraith, Demon Prince of the Abyss.
    Me: -yeah him. I ganked that guy. Mostly just to see if I could.

King: But you vanquished him without the aid of sacred Fjalnir, the God-axe?
    Me: Totally. It wasn't even a thing. I just hid on top of a bookshelf where he couldn't reach me and shot him with arrows. Then I waited until he forgot I was shooting him, and did it all again to get the sneak damage bonus. Took a while, but he died all the same.
    King: Forsooth! Thine heroic deeds are ... well, that sounds kind of screwed up, actually. Never thought I'd feel bad for He Who Devours. So you have no need of our sacred totem weapon?
    Me: What, the gold dealy, with the shiny bits? Nah, I already stole that out of the display case four hours ago, before I knew who you were.

And yet, the very second I'm told to go somewhere, it becomes direly important that I go literally everywhere else in the world first. But like all young punks with authority problems, I'm mostly just doing it to see where the limits are. Are you going to let me walk all the way to that mountain in the distance, Skyrim, or force me back to the quest with some invisible walls?
    Am I supposed to save this beautiful maiden, Skyrim? All right. Is it cool if I just ... don't?
    Oh, you want me to fight the usurper, Skyrim? Sure thing, but can I buy a house and spend an hour arranging the books first?

Does this game come with TES?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    "TES" = "The Elder Scrolls"

There's several "TES" games out there now:

"TES: Arena"
    "TES II: Daggerfall"
    "TES III: Morrowind"
    "TES IV: Oblivion"
    "TES V: Skyrim"

Skyrim comes by itself, but Steam just recently had a sale, Oblivion for $5. Not sure if it is still going on though.

frolics in a meadow catching butter flies for potions.......BOOM dragon land and ROAR, " I eat you"

me, Run away run away dont eat me im just scales and bones* remembers he forget to grab butter fly* oh no!!! *runs back grabs and runs out as fast as i can!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Do you mean the TES Editor/Construction Set? If so, no it does not.

Skyrim will have one called Creation Kit. It hasn't been released yet, but will be for a free download for PC just like Oblivion CS.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

skyrim rant got locked?

RANTS smithing was to easy and ended to fast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    skyrim rant got locked?

RANTS smithing was to easy and ended to fast
    Yeah, I dunno why they locked that.

Nothing bad at all was going on in that thread, and BOOM. Locked. *eyeroll* whatever.

Either way... yeah, Smithing is fast and easy (but a very nice thing to do if you want to get awesome armor), depending on how you do it.

Nothing forced you to do Hide Bracers and Iron Daggers all the way to 100. lol.

Try leveling on Ebony, Daedric, or Glass. *snicker*

Another rant do not become a vampire...i did not pay much attention i thought i cured it but no once you turn into a vampire it ruins your game completely. i cant even get into any town to lower my vamp rating...WHY i every one up at midnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Another rant do not become a vampire...i did not pay much attention i thought i cured it but no once you turn into a vampire it ruins your game completely. i cant even get into any town to lower my vamp rating...WHY i every one up at midnight!
    Yeah, I noticed that people never sleep, too.

A few other players mentioned this on forums. Anytime I get the disease, I go straight to a certain fast-travel destination on my map and I activate a shrine (which is JUST inside). Then I look at my Magic Effects list to make sure it is gone.

Thread Information