Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Bugs: Winter 2011

Default Current Bugs: Winter 2011

Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.

A few notes that will make tracking down and thus being able to fix bugs easier.
    • If the bug happened as part of a quest, please include the name of the quest and about how far into the quest it happened if the quest is a longer one.
    • If the bug was with an NPC, please include the name of the NPC and a complete sentence of what was said, not just the problem part to make finding the error easier.
    • Screenshots aren't needed in most cases and take up a great deal of "screen space". If a bug is with an item, the name of the item and what is wrong is usually all that is needed for us to be able to track it down.
    • If you are playing on Blight and encounter a bug, especially if it is something that happened due to a recent update, please post on the thread for that set of patch notes, not on here. In general we assume that the bugs posted here are coming from either Chaos or Order players.
    • Likewise it helps save us time and be more efficient if you skim the current patch notes before posting a new bug to be sure that it hasn't already been fixed on Blight and is just pending an update to Chaos/Order.

Thank you.

Default Re: Current Bugs: Winter 2011

Craft cogs: Problem one: some tools ghost the cogs stats even after the cogs are removed making it still impossible to equip the tool. Problem two: though all tools are supposed to be in your inventory to remove a cog some tools need to actually be in a vault to remove the cogs.

"Still in combat" this is a constant prompt anytime you die and go directly to a tavern that stops you from starting to directly eat food upon arrival.

These are known issues.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 13th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quest Outfitter: Distilling, An Introduction

While the quest was fixed once and no longer goes immediately into completed quests, the problem with the quest having you obtain 50 cedar sap still exists. The Cedar Hide Tannin formula uses cedar bark -- not sap!

Did this quest today on Blight shard.

Fixed at some point, as it asks you to make Cedar Hide Tanin now.
    Yes, you need to make cedar hide tannin, not the leather tannin which uses sap. The quest needs to be fixed to have you collect cedar bark, not sap!
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Order Shard, looking for Glowing Wisps to kill to gather tainted essence for Craft Level 60 quest for Caspurias. Went to 5 different places where I know I've seen Glowing Wisps, and can't find 'em. On Wisp Isle, all I find are Glowing Essence Residue (no good); same in the areas north of Heather...plenty of Residue, but, no live wisps. Tried the woods west of the Settlement at Drift Point, the Valley of Repose and the ridge north of the Valley on Trandalar, and there, don't even see Residue. In short, can't find Glowing Wisps anywhere. Also, while looking for the Wisps north of Heather, noticed there aren't ANY Oak Treants: ran all over that whole area, and never saw a single Juvenile, adult or enraged Oak Treant...know they were there, 'cause they killed me a few times...lol...This appears to be a very new problem, since several folks say they found the Wisps only a few days ago. Thanks!

This is a known issue fixed in the patches on blight.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 17th, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Client Bug :

While running in windowed mode and having Steam active at the same time, every time Steam pops up with a notification in the lower righthand corner, the game's display freezes. As soon as the notification goes away, the game carries on running just fine.

Steam is a third-party app and so its use while playing Istaria is not supported. If this continues to cause difficulties, disable notifications in Steam.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 4th, 2011 at 12:05 PM.

The Technique Craft: Armorcraft V still calls for the Obsolete Technique Component Bhal'Kuk Chieftain Molar.

The Technique Spell: Accuracy V now correctly no longer calls for the Bhal'Kuk Chieftain Molar as is also the case with the Dragon Technique Kit Deadly V.

I do not know whether or not the Obsolete Technique Component Bhal'Kuk Chieftain Molar was referenced to other than the above 3 Techniques.

Knossos

Got it.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 2nd, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

The Player Search window correctly sorts the columns under headings:

Name
    Race
    Guild
    Region
    Adv School and
    Craft School.

Not correctly sorted are:

Rating
    A Level
    C Level

Knossos

This is a known issue.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 4th, 2011 at 12:06 PM.

The optimal skill level of maple timbers for the Fall Red Maple Tree is a whopping 1200. The optimal for Fall Orange Maple is correct at 800.

Please fix the red maple optimal skill for maple timbers.

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 4th, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Windows will not sort with numerical values (such as inventory window (Qty/Bulk) or character sheet skills (Current/Base)

Nothing with a numerical value will sort correctly. It always sorts by the items' name FIRST and then the numerical value. It should be sorted by numerical value first then the name as secondary.

ie I open my Inventory window with these items in it:

50 FIre beetle carapace
    10 FLame beetle CAraspace
    30 FLame beetle COmpound Eye

Let say I click the bar of Qty to sort by Qty. It will then show this:

50 Fire Beetle Caraspace
    10 Flame Beetle Carapace
    30 Flame Beetle Compound Eye

When clicking the Qty bar, the sort FAILED. It chose to sort by name first, and then sort by Qty. Thats wrong.

If I click the bar, above Qty, to sort by Qty, this list SHOULD be sorted as follows:

10 Flame Beetle Carapace
    30 Flame Beetle Compound Eye
    50 Fire Beetle Caraspace

10 is the lowest qty and 50 is the highest.

This problem is also is existent for most any kind of searches. Lets say you open your Character Sheet, then click the Skills tab. The only two numerical values I can sort by is Current or Base (skills).

If I click the bar above 'Current', I should expect the list to be sorting Current values from 1 to 1000 (or whatever the max is). But instead the numeric values are all 'random'. Well not really. Its not random. Its sorting everything by name first, then its sorting the 'Current' values within the initial Name sorting.

I'm not sure how your game queries the database, but this is what it is doing:

It will sort by name FIRST, IGNORING all references to QTY (or any numeric values) until the name sorting occurs first.

Solution: IF you are using a SQL statement.

You should remove all references to sort (ORDER BY statement) during the initial query.

Example:

If Request("sort") <> "" Then (Note: "" meaning blank/no sort was selected)
    query = query & " Order BY " & Request("sort") & ",NAME" (Note: dont use 'Order By Name, " & Request("sort") )
    Else
    query = query & "Order by NAME" (Sorting by Name should be used if the user did not click a bar to sort something)
    End If

Hope this makes sense and you understand what I'm talking about ^-^

After looking down in forums, I THINK this is what Knossos is talking about below. Anything with numeric values will never be sorted as a primary field. The fields he is refering to is all numeric.

Has nothing to do with the database sorting actually. Its waiting on an updated client to fix the sorting.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 3rd, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

The technique Power Shot V is still calling for Bhal'Kuk Chieftan Molar as well.

Thaalia of Order

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 4th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

Gaileach the Myloc Queen(part 2) step 3: help Barrakhen create a cleansing bath for the artifact. The cleansing bath calls for 5 units of fire elemental materia. These used to drop from Surtheim the Fire Golem. But now he drops Greater Fire Elemental Materia, not Fire Elemental Materia, which do not count toward cleansing bath list. Thanks Gro

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 4th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Have the resources been permanently removed from the Satyr Islands?

Yes, they have. Purchase only now.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 4th, 2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

I have had no success in using the Scroll filter in either the Knowledge Screen or Consignor Screen. Other players report same problem in discussing the issue in game.

Knossos

Quest Ranger: Envenomed Arrow III

Collect the claws of the Hunter Scorpions found on the Aughundell Battlefield 0/5

Hunter Scorpions are found north of Delgarath, Scavenger Scorpions are on the Aughundell Battlefield.

Thaalia of Order

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 7th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.

Sorry, Hunter Scorpions are south of Delgarath.

Thaalia of Order

you currently have 3 techs for weaving all requiring the same component. as such, it requires 40 shrunken purple weaver legs. now i don't care so much about the amount, as i do the fact it took me over 2 hours to get just 4 of them. and at least 70% of the kills resulted in Zero dropped items. i do not have enough old components to trade nadia (don't understand why she was removed as a seller anyway)

these comps are needed for 4 techs, and 3 of which i need for my weaver and enchanter cargo and jewelry gear. at the current rate, i would have to spend at least a week or better hunting for these legs (several hours a day) now i went to mithril for mith boulder golem fragments and had no trouble getting 16 in about an hour. and about 2 hours to get 16 hunter scorpion tail stingers. why is it so difficult to get the shrunken purple weaver legs. i can not make my gear without them, and have no other way of getting them..

another issue, probably a known one is the lack of enraged shining wisps, that i also need for the tech component "vitality". as these wisps are semi rare, and the drops of the vitality are few and far between. it's another somp i have to wait for, so i can make the rest of my gear.

please, fix the drop rate on the creatures, or at least re-enable Nadia so we can buy needed components. or split up the comps needed to other comps for the focus/weaving/foraging. 40 for one set is a bit rough, especially with poor drop rate.

it would nice, if i could get my gear together sometime soon.

Thank you

The drop rate for tech comps from enraged shining wisps is working as intended and there are no plans to alter the techs that use those comps. There are also no plans to ever bring someone back who sells tech comps directly. If you desire them and don't wish to hunt them yourself, pay someone else to do it. However, we will take a look at the spawn rate of the enraged wisps.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 6th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

i never asked you to change the tech's used by the wisps, please reread the report. you have the "Shrunken Purple Weaver Spider Legs* using 3 direct techs needed for one outfit. with the drop rate being so poor on the "Spiders" it's rediculous, as i said over 2 hours for 4 legs... and 40 legs required for one set of gear. would you hunt any mob with that low of a drop rate? any other component in the game will give me a 4's better count in same period of time. i never said i would not hunt them. but come on.. as i said they have a 70% 0 loot drop rate

the drop rate from shining enraged wisps, may well be as intended, but still the fact remains there aren't enough of the Wisps.

please look into the spider's drop rate issue.

seems it was fine for Nadia to have been introduced when it suited the company. now it's a no-no to have her while undergoing some drop issues? seems rather redundant.

Not going to bring back nadia and and the drop rate for the spider legs is just fine (its not actually a 70% chance of 0, but rather the drop rate of the legs is closer to 20%. However, because it is a random system it is possible to have both good and bad runs). I can, however, adjust the spawn rate/quantity of the spiders.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 7th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.

All the expert/journeyman scrolls (except for the travel scroll) are only returning 1 item unlike their beginner version which return 2 scrolls per batch.

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; January 10th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Sergeant Akkator of the Imperial Army at the Eastern Outpost. Akkator offers to attune players to the outpost.
    This was part of Blight 217, however the NPC does not appear on Chaos shard.

Eastern Outpost, not Imperial.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; January 4th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Helian Path 6: create a phylactery of heavens.

Semeneth says in his dialoque that Lem in in the ED.
    In the questlog it is correctly mentioned he is in the ND.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information