Thread: New Mappack Updates are available

Default New Mappack Updates are available

I've been doing unofficial updates for map pack for a while now (since July 2011). I haven't posted them on the forums previously until now. Mainly it was word of mouth on Chaos server, but I wanted to make sure everyone has an opportunity to try it out.

A history of all the updates are listed on the webpage. There has been a large number of updates this month which makes map pack very accurate and efficient now.

Besides updating and cleaning up locations, obsolete mob names, changed mob names, etc there are two significant changes that makes it definetly worth checking out.

The Istaria map terrain images have been retired. The map image was images from years ago. They are now replaced by the map images from the standard game (which is up to date now).

I wrote a script to hunt down duplicate entries and have found and removed 446 entries, which should result in a slight increase to the map load time.

All the labels (Geography, POI, Settlements, Communities, Player Cities) have been imported from the standard game, so you can find many more area nows. 4 extra buttons have been added to map pack that hide/show all the labels (just like the standard game).

Check out screenshots and complete update history at http://sharpnetwork.net/istaria/mappack.asp

Cheers!

Default Re: New Mappack Updates are available

Love it! Thanks for all your hard work on this and everything else, Cega!
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

UNINSTALL PROCEDURES:

Exit Game (if you are playing now).

Delete the entire C:\Game Folder\Resources_Override folder.

Delete the C:\Game Folder\Resources\Interface\Themes\Default\Defs\Uim apwindow.def file.
    It is read only (added by map pack install) so you may need admin privileges to delete (Vista/Win7).
    eh... bye bye all other mods as well? I think you shoud change that

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    eh... bye bye all other mods as well? I think you shoud change that

Ok, I updated the Uninstall notes to assist in bypassing other mods that might be installed. Thanks for pointing that out.

i was able to down load but when i try to change client prefs it says acess denied...i am admin on my comp. so why wont it let me change the file?
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    i was able to down load but when i try to change client prefs it says acess denied...i am admin on my comp. so why wont it let me change the file?
    I think on Vista (Possibly Win7, too) You must have admin privileges for ClientPrefs_Common.def file to edit which can be set in file Properties. I have XP so can't verify exactly how to do it, but I believe if you right click the file, choose Properties, there should be an option to set it as admin?

The easier way would be to right click the file, choose "Open with Notepad (As Administrator)", instead of the option that says "Open with Notepad" (No administrator option in the menu).

I believe even if you are logged in as Administrator on Vista, you still have to open certain files as Admin, which is kind of dumb.

took a bit but figured it out..i have to change the prpertys of the ifle to alow acesss....so now i have the alerations saved
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Very nice update, thanks for your great job buddy!
    Hail Malganival Lunus !! How can I serve YOU?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad to see you are keeping this up to date. Allows me to concentrate on just the HCC

My modded map pack now has a new update - June 25, 2012:

Download now

View Details

Includes Spring Content and Delta 222 updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    My modded map pack now has a new update - June 25, 2012:

Download now

View Details

Includes Spring Content and Delta 222 updates.
    I'm a bit confused. Terao is coming out with Mappack 3.6. How is this different than his and should I wait for that update. Map Pack 3.6

I didn't know that Cegaiel is still working on it. I've updated lots of things and it will come with Plots and Lair markers. I'll release my own version, the users decide which they like.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Actually I'm not technically working on it anymore. I haven't played since December and coming back for a while. I was a bit shocked to see so much changed, particularly in Lesser Aradoth. It wasn't a big update, just things I've observed since I've been back (less than a week now).

I originally just wanted to update the new comps etc, in my database, but kind of switched gears and didn't want any new players seeing things in such a popular area (Lesser Aradoth) to be so far off since the last update.

So yes, please do use 3.6 when it comes out and I hope that it will be updated regularly. But in the meantime, this is really just something to "tie things over" until it is released.

You guys deserve something new and someone who will commit to staying consistent with keeping things updated.

I'm in no way trying to step on any toes and very pleased to hear new things are coming out. I simply wanted something up to date while I'm playing in the meantime, thats all (and just sharing my data). I will most likely use 3.6 when it comes out as well. You have my support, if you ever need anything, just ask Terao I'll leave all the future stuff in your hands.

P.S. Also, I'd be happy to mirror a copy of the file too, just let me know

Thank you, I hope to get it finished before my holidays, I'll hand you over a copy for hosting
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I recently had to do a complete factory restore, and lost my t2 revamp mappack. still got 3.5. however I can`t download the new one. neither of the outsite sites seem to load for me. I click download, and they just freeze. the page doesn`t load. Is there a way to post a direct download here on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I recently had to do a complete factory restore, and lost my t2 revamp mappack. still got 3.5. however I can`t download the new one. neither of the outsite sites seem to load for me. I click download, and they just freeze. the page doesnt load. Is there a way to post a direct download here on the forums?
    The "Download Now" link on post #10 of this thread works fine for me. If you open the "View Details" link in Post #10 of this thread you can access a 11 Nov 2012 revised Mappack download (also downloads fine for me) which should be the preferred download.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; December 2nd, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    The "Download Now" link on post #10 of this thread works fine for me. If you open the "View Details" link in Post #10 of this thread you can access a 11 Nov 2012 revised Mappack download (also downloads fine for me) which should be the preferred download.

Knossos
    tried that. clicked download, it took me to the file to download so I clicked on it, and nothing happened. my browser acted like it was loading, so I waited 5 minutes, and nothing. tried both firefox, and explorer. still won`t load.
    Do I need to turn off a firewall or antivirus or something to get it to load?

Got it to work, turned out my firewall was indeed blocking the site O.o
    Map looks awesome!

Thread Information