Thread: About the Neo Schools

Default About the Neo Schools

Devs, in regards to this topic:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25668

I have to ask why, though? What was the reasoning behind this?

The schools functioned rather well and I know multiple people enjoyed the possibility of playing multi-classed dragons. It certainly was enjoyable to test out these classes. Not to mention, it also helped add to some RP.

It would be very difficult to bring those schools back to 100 on my bipeds, considering they are already very highly rated. It was a bit of an unpleasant shock to log in to see I'd lost everything I'd worked for. I just don't understand why, if they were meant to be tested by all, that those that put forth the effort to test them would have all their work and time torn from them.

It's almost as if we are being told, 'yeah, thanks for putting all your effort to help us test out this, but we are just going to take it all away now.' It feels as if what we did was not appreciated.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: About the Neo Schools

so dragons are no longer able to join neo schools?
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    so dragons are no longer able to join neo schools?
    So the patch notes suggest. I'm not a blighty, so I don't know the whole story. But I don't think they were put in to be tested, they were just there for some fun. I think it was said on few occasions that these schools were never going live, so mucking around in them was just a bonus... but I could be wrong. Ah the joys of the best testers
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

To be honest, it was one of the few incentives for me to test out anything on blight as it was fun and different. It gave me a reason -- aside from testing the various new features and content in an attempt to break the game -- to be on there.

I find this decision to remove the ability for dragons to join the neo-schools a horrible choice. I'll be removing my character from Blight later tonight as it is simply wasting a slot.

this sucks D:
    I only copied Falkor over cuz I though he`d make an awesome neo druid (Seeing rP wize he`s a druid)
    But since they`re taking it away no sence keeping him there. :P

Thread Information