Thread: Cobalt Location?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Cobalt Location?

Greetings, As anyone who crafts will know (i dont really craft but even i know) getting Cobalt is a royal pain in the butt

If more than 1 person is in the area (which their ALLWAYS is) it takes forever to gather a disc full.
    Not to mention half of it spawns where only Dragons can go...

How about adding another location for it??

Possibly the Isle of Winds with those ice golems??

Cobalt as we know is an Alloy anyway so no reason it can't be put in a cold place aswell as the hot place its in allready?

Default Re: Cobalt Location?

I thought Cobalt was near Dralk (that very helpfull lair, thanks to some very generous Dragon) and in the snowy mountains, near Cobalt golems.
    If Golems are problem, I may arrive and defeat them (level 99 Warrior vs. lvl.40 Golem = Warrior's victory).
    Cobalt (since the last patch) is not an alloy, you produce Cobalt bars from Cobalt ore directly, no need for other metals.
    The only thing I would change would be increasing number of Cobalt veins near Dralk (for instance, instead of Dark Iron veins).

There is more than one location for it currently. You can find it on Falathien as well as in blighted variety near the Lost Library. The region you are in is primarily linked fields so if the field you are gathering from runs dry that means the nodes are mostly moved to another one nearby. Go looking for it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Theres also a great place outside of kira with smelter and anvil nearby.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Last I knew, there were two linked cobalt/platinum fields. The first is northeast of Last Stand around a mountain south of The Chimneys. The second is along the northern face of the mountains east of the South Gate silk, just south of Old Oaks. Both were unguarded as of before the latest patch. I've not been there since to double check that they're still unguarded.

Fandarel's at Last Stand has an expert smelter and public silos.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Theres also a great place outside of kira with smelter and anvil nearby.
    Coordinates?
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

I think he's talking about the place south of Dralk, with the golems. I usually get there running west from Kirasanct. There's plentiful nodes in the ground as well as the walking nodes (golems) all over that area, from 22604/27694 both sides of the snowy ridge to the the canyons at 22767/27074. The smelter/anvil is at 22851/27413.

Thread Information