Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mithril and plat mine

Default Mithril and plat mine

Could it be possible to unlink the MLs of mithril and the Plat nodes in the mine at Mithril Anvil now alloys are gone. Mithril is probably the most widely used resource in game and plat one of the least used. Now you don't need both ores you have to just mine and delete plat until the motherlodes of Mithril repop. No amount of mining Mithril will ever pop them, this is very time wasting as is.

Default Re: Mithril and plat mine

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    Could it be possible to unlink the MLs of mithril and the Plat nodes in the mine at Mithril Anvil now alloys are gone. Mithril is probably the most widely used resource in game and plat one of the least used. Now you don't need both ores you have to just mine and delete plat until the motherlodes of Mithril repop. No amount of mining Mithril will ever pop them, this is very time wasting as is.
    This please. It was interesting when there were alloys but this mechanic is no longer needed.

Agree with OP. Unlink, please. There is Platinium near Dralk if one desires it.

Chiming in with my support as well.. This link was actually kind of annoying to me even when you did need the platinum.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Linked stuff is always annoying.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Linked stuff is always annoying.
    I feel obligated to bring up the absurdity that is/was the Linked Plat Fields in Dralk, how you had a field at the very southern end of the area linked to one way up north of Dralk itself.

Can't think of anybody in their right mind that enjoys have to drop what they're doing to make a 15 min commute to the other field because it stopped respawning...

I have no problem removing the platinum from mithril spawns and vice-versa at Mithril Canyon. Platinum will still be found in the area, but not mixed. Unlinking the fields around Dralk, however, is not going to happen anytime soon as it is a pretty sizable task.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I have no problem removing the platinum from mithril spawns and vice-versa at Mithril Canyon. Platinum will still be found in the area, but not mixed. <snip>
    To be clear, Mith and the mith motherloads will still be found in the mine there, correct? Other than the two MLs, the mine has all plat, which is what needs to go away from the mine.

Thanx.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

No, the mithril is what will no longer be in the mine. The mithril will be outside where its always been in quantities.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That would be a way too dangerous for medium-levelled crafters. Currently it was possible to mine some mithril in the mine and try to outrun Golem.
    If mithril veins would be scattered all along the field - it would be a severe blow for crafters. There are more unsafe areas (like island of fire) where mithril veins are found.
    Please, leave at least some mithril in the mine...

I guess just leave it as it is than. If the fix is going to be more inconvenient than the status quo.

As Teto said. If the solution is to take the mith out of the mine (which is the point of a mine in the first place) then just leave it alone.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, the mithril is what will no longer be in the mine. The mithril will be outside where its always been in quantities.
    Amon can you clarify?
    - Are you talking about only making this change to the Mithril Anvil mine?
    - Would you then remove all the masses of Plat from the outer plateaus?
    (I.E. Mithril only outside the mine, Platinum only inside the mine)

Would you leave Mithril ore among the Plat ore in the Augh mine?
    (I believe it only has 2 ML's of Mithril at any time and all else is Plat)

If you changed the Mithril Anvil mine, but left the Augh mine as is, would
    that be best for all?? Creating one field of challenging gathering and one
    limited supply of safe gathering?

Just some random ideas on the OP. Take em or leave em.

Andaras

These changes would just ruin many things. As for me, it would mean only one thing: good-bye to metal crafting school advancement.
    Mithril Anvil's mine has motherloads of mithril. Some player plots nearby with structures and public silos = efficient.
    Aughundell has motherloads in the mine, little guarded. No player plots nearby, therefore no structures, no public silos = inefficient.
    Island of Fire seems to have some mithrill too. Heavily guarded, no plots nearby, no structures, no public silos = inefficient.

I do not mind fighting my way through golems or, if I am weak, to time and outrun them. It's not a problem. If I am strong, I may kill golem for pleasure and then mine mithrill from it. It's not a problem too.
    The problem is, if all mithrill became scattered throughout vast area and heavily guarded - then Mithril mine would be over-guarded and inefficient place to harvest mithrill. Yesterday I saw 2 veins of mithrill being guarded by 2 mith.boulder golems and 1 mith.golem. It would take a very experienced player to kill these guards and harvest. What about medium-levelled players?
    I think it's better to leave Mithril anvil as it is. For those who want challenge there is Island of Fire. Plenty of challenge there. But for heavy-crafters (power-levellers or just ones that produces much from mithril) there was only one place - Mithril mine. Please, do not destroy it.

agreed, anonimas
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

• Ideal: ALWAYS have at least one mithril spawned in the mine at Mithril's Anvil. (Mithril is an assured semi-safe material at that point. Crafters never have to spend time/effort trying to get a safe mithril spawn. This is what Teto was asking for, I think, or something like this.)
    • Current nuisance: can have mithril and/OR platinum in the mine at Mithril's Anvil. (People who are NOT level 100 dragons like the mine because it gives them a shot at collecting mithril without near-certain repeated golem beat-downs. Going in there and only finding platinum means they either have to go kill golems, if they can, or call for someone to mine out the mithril outside while chain-deleting platinum out of their inventories.)
    • Awful: only platinum in the mines. (Mithril goes from being a semi-safe material to a dangerous one. Crafters riot.)

Not that I think we're entitled cushy safe spawns of every single resource! But I'm pretty sure most people would rather keep the current status "I spent half an hour wriggling up and down an impossible mountain face mining out the mithril on it so that Cixi could finally get some back in the mine and it worked" quo rather than have no safe mithril spot.

Though, if we have your ear for a moment, how hard is it to make sure that nodes don't spawn on impossible-to-reach/stand-on terrain? I don't have locs on me at the moment (I can go get them!) but the hill I was clambering about today had OODLES of mithril/platinum on it... and almost all of it required flying, AND fancy footwork, and some of it just couldn't be gathered due to the lack of good spots to land without immediately tumbling down the slope. Yes, I know how to land on nodes (which ought to be a an Olympic sport once you're ancient-sized, jeez) but some of them just wouldn't let me. There's the whole rest of the fields to mine, but it bothers me that we can chase that many nodes up into spots that are nigh-impossible to get at.

(Also, I know everyone hates platinum, but as a reminder: lairshapers use platinum in their Imbued Platinum Bars and Polished Maelstones. Not a ton, especially with the glorious beautiful wonderful incredible awesome lairshaping resource reductions, but Cixi bribed me with 1k platinum bars and they will be used. Not to mention they look shiny in any dragon's hoard. You could consider glancing around for some lairshapers or hungry dragons before deleting those bars you don't need.)

They made Mithril easier by removing the alloy component.

If they balance that by making the ore semi-dangerous to gather, I think that's fine.

It's still easier to manage the inventory. Used to be the most efficient way to do Mithril was having a single item disk, 3 identical silos, fill 2 silos with mith ore, fill one silo with plat ore - process it. And really you need a 4th silo to dump the created bars in (4th didn't need to be identical).

Now theres 1 less material needed, and silos are not even needed at all now. (Can do it fairly efficiently with no silos, and with the same max efficiency that used to take 4 silos, with just a single silo now. The one holding the bars)

So if they want to throw some Golems in there to liven it up, I think its fine.

Have to agree with Guaran here...
    Mithril as alloy was time consuming, but easy to gather in a safe place.
    Now people want alloy removed... (read metal made easy)
    Now people complain that Mithril as T5 near end-game resource is dangerous to gather.
    Sure it is annoying having to fight more golems, especially last time I fought them golems held an average of 70-80 while a small node has 170-180.
    It however does even up things... Easier crafting, but difficult gathering instead of easy gathering and difficult crafting.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Time sink is not difficulty. It's just time sink. The change to alloys affected a time sink, not a difficulty. I don't much like the idea of taking away the unguarded spawn of a major resource like mithril, so I say just leave it the way it is. There. The time sink is still present for mithril because of having to gather and delete platinum, but no crafters will get frustrated because they can't kill the golems. Saves dev time too, since they don't have to do anything.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I love not having the alloys, but please don't remove the mithril from the mine! I don't mine mithril wearing my armor, I go out there in cargo gear which is teched for crafting, not for defense. I can kill one mithril golem at a time but it takes me a while and if I need to fight, it means I have to carry my mace with me, taking up all that valuable inventory space . It will be like gathering marble (you can insert any bad words here you wish) which means I spend half my time avoiding the golems. It's not every day some big, brave dragon like Thicklesip is available to guard me or help in other ways.

Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    Order Shard

FREE RACHIVAL NOW !

Thread Information