Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RoP

Default Re: RoP

Well mine was fun and epic also because I had 10-15 friends along with me for the whole thing. *NOONE* did theirs solo because it wasn't possible (I think one person at 100 one time was able to pull it off, back then even level 100 dragons usually needed at least a healer because again..no ancients..so biped..).

When the Rites were fresh noone decried any dragon who did it at 35 as soon as they were able to meet the craft requirements. Noone wagged their finger at those hatchlings and refused to help them. Because you still needed the same group help at 50, 60, and 70 so it made no difference.

And also because we all had to wait several months after release anyway to get o the RoP, noone was judged negatively for jumping on it as soon as it was released just because they were 35 or 40.

But no, you never had to wait hours because the population was more balanced at that point so many people had plenty of guildies and non-guildies willing and waiting in the wings to help them with their ROPs.

And In my bank are tokens - one for each ROP I attended when the hatchlings had to hand you those tokensto get to the Ascension spot. Ive kept everyone that was given to me.

It was a blast fun because of all my guildies and friends who went with me. If I had done it solo it just would not have held the same amount of joy and celebration as it did. *shrugs*

And yea it still had nothign to do with the mobs being level 100 or 80 or whatever they were back then...I dont remember because I didnt even care to look. It was irelevant.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I experienced the same Frith.

And how proud and touched I was, when all my heroes of the shard came
    to support me. I will never forget that.
    Similar it was with my AROP. I still remember every single dragon who helped.

yeaah- those were the days, my friends*humms*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I experienced the same Frith.

And how proud and touched I was, when all my heroes of the shard came
    to support me. I will never forget that.
    Similar it was with my AROP. I still remember every single dragon who helped.

yeaah- those were the days, my friends*humms*
    I guess the problem I had, was that I did not do my RoP while the majority of the playerbase did theirs, perhaps I would have had the "epic" RoP that Frith, Lov, and the others had.

Nay, when I did mine, it was... fairly close to the EI takeover, and few people were even on the RoP, and finding people to actually help with it was quite difficult, especially when Market, Dragon, and General had <20 players in it at any given time, when I had time to log on and try.

Thankfully, the guild I was (still am, actually) had, had just enough Lv80+ bipeds and dragons to barely help and even then it was quite difficult.

Perhaps if I experienced the whole "10+ hatchlings going at once" with lots of helpers... perhaps my outlook on the Old RoP might have been different.

Hence why ultimately I agree with the changes Dhalin; because the game as it is now (and has been for several years) is not the same as it was the first year.

And because of that, the RoP (and the ARoP honestly) should have the option possible to be soloed (even if you technically have to outlevel it or something, just not 100 for RoP that's too high). It should encourage grouping as much as it can (through quest texts and wanting to do it "on level" so to speak); but ultimately it needs to be soloable.

Because for 99.9% of the games out there and the gamers now - running into such a required group quest in a game where its difficult ot find groups usually means people stop paying and move on.

The realities of the genre and the world we now live in.

I wish you'd had that experience too *wing hugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    On another hand, such quests in a MMORPG aren't meant to be soloed easily. The basis of a MMORPG is to work together with other players in order to achieve such goals. RoP isn't just a quest to go and kill a few low-levelled mobs. If some really want to do it alone, then they should wait to get enough levels before trying. RoP can be finished at lvl 30+ with enough help. We should not forget Istaria is an online multiplayer game.
    It is sad your girlfriend left the game... I remember I have had to wait several months before gathering enough people to go and kill Shaloth the queen, myself.
    Never thought of it like this. If we take it this way then by definition of the game, RoP should be put back to how it used to be. It's not going to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game if people do things on their own. It's not going to be a multiplayer game anymore if all we do is talk in the Market and MAYYYYYYBE once in a while go kick Reklar's butt.

Apart from that, a game is by definition something that you do for fun. If we start telling players how to play the game based on everyone's personal interests then many new players will leave as soon as they start playing (I would've most probably be one of them) and some old players aswell. If we aply soloable then the number of players that will push others to do it on their own will increase. Players will start to hate others depending on how they finished RoP which as far as I'm concerned if you are one of these players then you areunimaginably and with no doubt...LAME!!!!!!!

OH I agree with you on the last bit Malaya..I've never understood people who make judgement calls on people based on what level they did their ROP.

But players do..I dn't get it myself. But I've seen it on the forums and in game. Why anyone cares so much about how other people do THEIR content I have never understood (and this is seen across games...lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

*Big angry rant*

Yeah, and I'm gonna say something and make myself VERY clear!

I concider games as being, well...GAMES. Where everyone can do what they want as long as it doesn't violate certain rules. Now, if somebody feels like hatchlings shouldn't be helped during RoP then unless there is somebody pointing a gun at them and saying "HELP DAT HATCHA!!!" DON'T HELP THE BLOODY HATCHIE! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! To me this behaviour is equal to bullying or even racism. And if I EVER find somebody doing it I will be PISSED!! I will NEVER allow my beloved Istaria to become some bigoted racist hole because some people can't get their priorities straight! And I suggest that we even add this as a factor of getting people punished. This behaviour should not be tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by Malaya View Post
    *Big angry rant*

Yeah, and I'm gonna say something and make myself VERY clear!

I concider games as being, well...GAMES. Where everyone can do what they want as long as it doesn't violate certain rules. Now, if somebody feels like hatchlings shouldn't be helped during RoP then unless there is somebody pointing a gun at them and saying "HELP DAT HATCHA!!!" DON'T HELP THE BLOODY HATCHIE! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! To me this behaviour is equal to bullying or even racism. And if I EVER find somebody doing it I will be PISSED!! I will NEVER allow my beloved Istaria to become some bigoted racist hole because some people can't get their priorities straight! And I suggest that we even add this as a factor of getting people punished. This behaviour should not be tolerated
    I do not try to judge those on when they do their rop, i hope you did not mistake my post as that, usually when i am asked when can i start my rop, i say what levels I recommend so it can be done with out scales / and then i add something like the higher leveled you are the easier is it is and the less times you will need help or die (probably.)

what i do not like is and forgive me for this sterotype, and i know this is not ALWAYS the case, but in my time playing ista (only 4 years) when SOME people do the rop at level lets say 30/30 ... they are not as greatful for the help, or very demanding and whiney. THAT is why level 30 adults have a bad rap (i think)

Now with that said, i also know of a few that i have helped at 30/30 or whatever "low" leveled who are EXTREMELY greatful for the help.

unfortunately like i stated above that is sometimes or in my case usually not what happens.
    and i personally do not like getting flamed at by a player saying "omg!! its ur fault that i died again! rez me now!"

and i will admit that, that gets very frustrating. but i can only think of ONE time where i got pushed over the edge and just flew away.

but i do understand. everyone has a choice to help or not to help.

It goes both ways.

You help and you're denounced by people who don't think that particular hatchling deservers it...

You don't help, and people growl at you for being a "jerk" ... =P

It's the joy of .... MMO's... with communities Massive Multiplayer Opinions!!!! Oh, I like this one

Still my opinion stays on... It should be left soloable but acceptable early, people can get help if they want it... or work the levels up to do it themselves.

I've done the ROP solo at 30/100 just to see what the "What's so bad about 30" crowd was talking about.

I couldn't physically do it in a time that didn't resemble a FF13 boss.

It took me two hours to kill the Guardian of Faces because my log consisted of: "you miss your target" "you miss your target" "you miss your target" "you miss your target" "you miss your target"
    Of course I survived because I had the best armor in the game, but if I didn't, I would have been dead many many times over and I would not have hit the target once in 5 minutes.

I'm sorry, but at 30, you are a spectator and nothing more according to mechanics because you just can't hit the enemies and I don't think many people understand this.
    It has nothing to do about "bullying" or "racism" when it's simply a matter of "I like you enough to not want to do your ROP for you." which is what it always, always turns in to. There's nothing racist about wanting someone to do something for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    I do not try to judge those on when they do their rop, i hope you did not mistake my post as that, usually when i am asked when can i start my rop, i say what levels I recommend so it can be done with out scales / and then i add something like the higher leveled you are the easier is it is and the less times you will need help or die (probably.)

what i do not like is and forgive me for this sterotype, and i know this is not ALWAYS the case, but in my time playing ista (only 4 years) when SOME people do the rop at level lets say 30/30 ... they are not as greatful for the help, or very demanding and whiney. THAT is why level 30 adults have a bad rap (i think)

Now with that said, i also know of a few that i have helped at 30/30 or whatever "low" leveled who are EXTREMELY greatful for the help.

unfortunately like i stated above that is sometimes or in my case usually not what happens.
    and i personally do not like getting flamed at by a player saying "omg!! its ur fault that i died again! rez me now!"

and i will admit that, that gets very frustrating. but i can only think of ONE time where i got pushed over the edge and just flew away.

but i do understand. everyone has a choice to help or not to help.
    I wasn't talking to you. I talk in first person for those that do it so that it gets more personal. They know who they are. And they should be ashamed of themselves! How do they sleep at night?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    It has nothing to do about "bullying" or "racism" when it's simply a matter of "I like you enough to not want to do your ROP for you." which is what it always, always turns in to. There's nothing racist about wanting someone to do something for themselves.
    That's not the rcism I'm talking about. A player (don't remember name) told me that on Order some players get angry at others based on if they got help on RoP. And they bully them. To me, that's just SICK.

we heard you Malaya, its ok now

What happens regulary recently:" help me with RoP-
    my trial runs out in X-days "

I really appreciated the answers given in market (on Chaos) yesterday
    and the following discussion.

(just for the records: I do not help drags on trial with RoP , nor those with a craft level < 15^^. And rarely I help drags that are bad equipped, have no spells and < adv40. All other can have everything from me: My time, scales , spells , hoard etc)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

@Malaya
    I'm one of those that think the ROP should be a personal/individual achievement which is supposed to prove that the hatchling is skilled/knowledgeable enough to be worthy of Adult status.
    That's why I did my ROP solo.

But that's just me. I don't try to enforce it to others and I don't bully someone that wanted the wings faster and did the rop at 30.
    I also dont go out of my way to help it either.
    If i dont have anything to do, i mite go and help out with the killing of a boss or another, but I have to be onest and confess that I dislike it to see the lvl30 hatchie being herded throghout the rop by a bunch of adults - go there, stay, wait while we kill, etc - it makes the entire ROP soooo meaningless.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I do agree with what was said here. Players have the right to ask for help for RoP under adv lvl 30, and other players have the right to choose to help or not.
    Bullying the players who start RoP under lvl 30 and/or the players helping them is really wrong.

When I see some calling for help, I explain these lvl <30 that they won't be able to do much more than watch while others do the work, but I still help when I have time and if they are nice. People can't be blamed for not helping, by choice or because they are busy,...

But I don't help those who are still in the trial, even less if they say they will just leave after having got larger wings and at the trial's end, because the amount of time and effort to do this would be pointless. Though, I can still help them for things outside of RoP and pure levelling, like NT's quests,... though not for hoard and equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    we heard you Malaya, its ok now

What happens regulary recently:" help me with RoP-
    my trial runs out in X-days "

I really appreciated the answers given in market (on Chaos) yesterday
    and the following discussion.

(just for the records: I do not help drags on trial with RoP , nor those with a craft level < 15^^. And rarely I help drags that are bad equipped, have no spells and < adv40. All other can have everything from me: My time, scales , spells , hoard etc)
    It seems kinda silly that they allow RoP on trial accounts, as RoP is one of the "big" things in a dragon's 'career'.

But then I suppose the game's engine might not be able to forbid a player the ability to do RoP if they're on a trial account.

Maybe something to look into?

Perhaps they could put a requirement for RoP that your character have existed for at least 30 RL days before starting the RoP (not /playtime, but total time existed as from the date you made your character).

Normally I wouldn't be for such limits, but trial accounts rushing to do RoP ASAP just so they can see dragons fly the day before their account expires is just silly. Said players probably won't even sub up and everyone who helped gets their time wasted in the end run.

Well, the mechanism for that exists since Ancienthood requires 100 days old char.
    I'm pretty sure it could be implemented for ROP too and it can be set a convenient value - even at 15 days, one day after the trial expiration...
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information