Thread: Long awaited trailer

Default Long awaited trailer

Finally, there is the first trailer of a long awaited movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G0k3kHtyoqc

Default Re: Long awaited trailer

Great trailer!
    Too bad the movie wont be out for a year
    Sounjah <Strata> of Order
    60 Carpenter - 45 Fletcher - 28 Blacksmith - 23 Outfitter 31 Ranger - 21 Druid - 21 Cleric - 21 Scout
    RedStorm <Strata> of Order Dragon Hatchling

Would be nice if you said what movie its the trailer for so not everyone has to click on it to find out (or ignore it because they don't know what it is nor wether they care to see it in the first place) =D

So..what is it? LOL
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

You don't like surprise? well I'd say it is a fantasy movie long awaited, and those who like fantasy but don't look at it don't know what they miss

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

: o seems awesome, can't wait! ;p
    Last edited by Cynny; December 21st, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

It is...

The First One!!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Is a good one for people who like hobbitses.

Very good first look and the music is very impressive.

This trailer is on youtube since 20th, december and it has already been watched 6,000,000 times

Oooo.

Nice trailer.

Definitely buying that when it comes out.

Some things I really liked... Gandalf looks exactly the same as in Fellowship. They used Bilbo at the beginning to tie in with the previous movies (even though the trilogy is set 50 years later). Same guy is doing Gollum. It looks similar, so it has continuity.

Can't wait to see Smaug.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ooohhh cant wait! Now to get my hands on the book! Funny that I just started reading LoTR a couple days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Ooohhh cant wait! Now to get my hands on the book! Funny that I just started reading LoTR a couple days ago!
    The book is awesome!
    I've read it multiple times and think I'll read it again soon lol
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Finally. Holy ****. Whoo.

Nice Surprise LungThank You!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Sucks that they completely left Smaug out of the trailer, but either way I'm super hyped for this movie.

Still though, a year to wait? Sigh. Was hoping it'd be coming out in the summer.

omg yay! looks like it`s gonna be realy good can`t wait a whole year! *bounces around excited* XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
    Sucks that they completely left Smaug out of the trailer,
    I've been half following the production blogs and I don't think that they have filmed many of Smaug's scenes yet. If any. They are currently tramping about the New Zealand countryside filming on location.

Seeing as he is going to be one of the signature characters I doubt that we will see much of him in any trailer except for fleeting, tantalizing glimpses even up to release. We might not see him in the first part at all. So I'm going on the assumption that it will be another year before he might make his first appearance. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do him, though. It has been a while since Hollywood has done a good dragon and I hope that they do him justice.

I figured Smaug was not in the trailer since he's in Part II, not Part I.
    *whimpers* A whole year? And then more wait for the rest of it??
    *sighs resignedly* I wish we did not have to wait so long between episodes of movie miniseries.
    This trailer is a killer teaser...!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I've been half following the production blogs and I don't think that they have filmed many of Smaug's scenes yet. If any. They are currently tramping about the New Zealand countryside filming on location.

Seeing as he is going to be one of the signature characters I doubt that we will see much of him in any trailer except for fleeting, tantalizing glimpses even up to release. We might not see him in the first part at all. So I'm going on the assumption that it will be another year before he might make his first appearance. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do him, though. It has been a while since Hollywood has done a good dragon and I hope that they do him justice.
    Ah-hah, I didn't realize it was going to be split into two parts, but that being the case, you're probably right.

While I'm disappointed we won't get to see Smaug early on, I have to say... Knowing now that there will in fact be TWO new LOTR movies, has made me even more excited!

I think it is a good idea to not show much of a movie in the trailer, like the final battle of the five armies, and Smaug, on The Hobbit's trailer. Too many trailers tend to go crescendo and to show the most impressive creatures, battle scenes,... I think this trailer shows just what needs to be shown, and make us share the universe's ambience.

Thread Information